[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

The latest update at the SKSE site has an update video that's getting a little long in the tooth. And they basically say that they're working on it, but no guarantee when it will be finished. As you can see early in this thread, they had hoped to have a beta released by the end of March. Obviously that didn't happen. Real Life, I'm guessing.

And Fixadent, you can't believe how difficult it was for me not to say "Forget it". "Fixadent and forget it." I still remember that old commercial. So, yeah, I know where you got your idea for your avatar.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly plan to update my mods as soon as possible since I created them for my own use first. Not having SKSE64 is painful since I have to play Special Edition without my Storage Helpers, Ring Swapper, Enchantment Swapper, and most importantly the Whistle to Inigo hotkey from InigoMCM. But since I know what it takes to get SKSE64 working I also know there's nothing to do but wait.

Thanks man. Good to know. Looking forward to those updates.

Do you guys have the source code on a git repo? How does one collaborate?

The sources can be downloaded on their site. But no forks allowed. Hence no community work happening here...

That is why we do not see even partly ports. Someone started it months ago, got some basics working and put his work on GitHub and removed it after talking to the team...

There are enough people with the required reverse engineering skills, but as said no public ports possible, therefore no one is bothering. Also the team said they looking for a March release and did not provide an update until April.. So why put in work for SSE, if they are working on it? People just waited...

Only if they officially abandon the project for SSE, people will actual start to fork it - rules or not - you can bet on it. But for now, don't hold your breath to see it. Maybe end of year? But probably never. Time will tell...

Edited by Scythe42

Only if they officially abandon the project for SSE, people will actual start to fork it - rules or not - you can bet on it.

Which is probably why they haven't said it outright. But having read their last update on the matter, it certainly sounds like they've just given up entirely. They just won't say as much because, as you said, people will start forking it with no regard for the SKSE team's wishes because, let's face it, all the BEST mods require SKSE in order to actually work -- not to mention Skywind and Skyblivion, which will require SKSE when/if those ever see a release.

All good things must come to an end. Hell, Bethesdas probably gonna turn modding into a material only thing soon lol, look at Fallout 4.

Still hopeful that we'll see skse64 soon but I understand the devs have lives and making such a huge project for free is a thankless task that can't come before work and family.

Good luck to everyone working on it, hope you haven't given up entirely! Without SKSE the special edition is almost not worth playing. Character customization, the UI, and so many other things suffer without it!

Only if they officially abandon the project for SSE, people will actual start to fork it - rules or not - you can bet on it.

Which is probably why they haven't said it outright. But having read their last update on the matter, it certainly sounds like they've just given up entirely. They just won't say as much because, as you said, people will start forking it with no regard for the SKSE team's wishes because, let's face it, all the BEST mods require SKSE in order to actually work -- not to mention Skywind and Skyblivion, which will require SKSE when/if those ever see a release.

Or someone manage to hack into the game base/source codes and fix/modify the game engine...