[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Is there a tutorial out there that can show me the very basics of navmeshing newly created ground in the overworld. I love the "tundra Defense" (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22330) Mod but i want to create my own location for it. trouble is the changes i make to the overworld break the navmesh and the NPCs just stand there like idiots. I have been tinkering with CK and have been able to get the land changes into game, but navmesh is non existent. I even mangled existing locations with medocrate results.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just released the first parts of a new custom voice adding for followers/marriage companions tutorial that I am working on. Sure, it isn't the best, and I am not the best teacher either....but it does show you most steps for basic functionality.

Marriage video will come soon...as well as adding extra features to your follower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDBn9r-Gak

The video above is part one of the follower tutorial, but before you start on that one, you must watch my original voice adding tutorial, which will be linked in the video. Also, I have posted it as a video response for it, as well as making a video response of part two and three. I hope that this will help somebody. :)

I'm doing some edits in TES5edit to make some mods work better together. Nothing serious. It's my first time. Basically, I have the "Seasons of Skyrim - Springtime Overhaul" installed as well as "Climates of Tamriel". For some reason, SoS is stopping CoT from implementing its darker nights, but when I go into the files, there are no conflicts between them with either "Weather" or "Image Space". Instead, the only other two folders they have in common which do conflict are "Climate" and "Region", but neither seems to conflict regarding anything related to how light or dark night time is.

Where they do 'conflict', a majority of which is in Weather Types, it indicates SoS as winning conflicts in which CoT offers no competing weather type or CoT as losing conflicts in which SoS offers no competing weather type. Any reason why this is?

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/kLigAMj.png

Edited by Matchew

Where they do 'conflict', a majority of which is in Weather Types, it indicates SoS as winning conflicts in which CoT offers no competing weather type or CoT as losing conflicts in which SoS offers no competing weather type. Any reason why this is?

I may have misunderstood how you mean "no competition", so please disregard if this is already plain to you. :)

I think you may be misreading Tes5Edit, though. In the picture, CoT (lower in the load order) wants a certain list of WeatherType for SkyrimClimate. SoS (higher) wants a different list. The game cannot merge lists - of any kind - so the conflict is resolved purely by load order. Hence, Tes5Edit is showing you all of CoT's list in red ("removed") because none of that list will be in effect in the game. Only SoS's list will be in effect.

If you wanted both lists to be in effect, you will need to make your own ESP that merges the two lists into one list. BOSS can automate this kind of task, Tes5Edit has a more hands-on approach. I actually prefer Tes5Edit myself, since you can drag-drop fields to fine tune your merge. For example, in that screenshot, if you dragged "CoTCloud_20_VT" to the right, the column for SoS, you would add that as an entry to the list in the SoS ESP. You probably don't want to modify the SoS mod itself though, so right-click on the left panel instead, choose Other, then Create Merged Patch.

Hope that helps?

I may have misunderstood how you mean "no competition", so please disregard if this is already plain to you. :smile:

I think you may be misreading Tes5Edit, though. In the picture, CoT (lower in the load order) wants a certain list of WeatherType for SkyrimClimate. SoS (higher) wants a different list. The game cannot merge lists - of any kind - so the conflict is resolved purely by load order. Hence, Tes5Edit is showing you all of CoT's list in red ("removed") because none of that list will be in effect in the game. Only SoS's list will be in effect.

If you wanted both lists to be in effect, you will need to make your own ESP that merges the two lists into one list. BOSS can automate this kind of task, Tes5Edit has a more hands-on approach. I actually prefer Tes5Edit myself, since you can drag-drop fields to fine tune your merge. For example, in that screenshot, if you dragged "CoTCloud_20_VT" to the right, the column for SoS, you would add that as an entry to the list in the SoS ESP. You probably don't want to modify the SoS mod itself though, so right-click on the left panel instead, choose Other, then Create Merged Patch.

Hope that helps?

I'm guessing I do misunderstand TES5Edit a little. I haven't really peeped any tutorials, I've just been looking at ESPs and ESMs to get an idea for what they specifically add to the game. Where my confusion came in is that although I know that conflicts occur when there are two mods trying to edit the same list, I thought you would always see the conflicts side-by-side. Maybe this is still the case, which leads me to ask if SoS has a conflicting list, why are the slots for that list blank when next to the CoT list?

I don't think I'm gonna merge them because for all I know, that will end up showing blizzards when I clearly want it to look Springy. I was just trying to figure out which conflict was causing SoS to cancel out CoT's dark nights.

Edited by Matchew

which leads me to ask if SoS has a conflicting list, why are the slots for that list blank when next to the CoT list?

That's part of how Tes5Edit shows conflicts:

• If two mods are trying to change the same value in a list, that value is shown side-by-side.
  • If two mods have different entries for the list, they are shown stratified.

You can see this effect on the entry for SkyrimCloudy, actually. In the first column, Skyrim.esm, it's the only entry in the list. For CoT, it isn't shown because CoT's list doesn't include that entry, the CoT list is all custom entries. It shares nothing in common with either Skyrim.esm or SoS. However, SoS does include the original value of SkyrimCloudy in its list... plus several other entries.

SkyrimCloudy is purple on the left because that original value was overwritten but is mostly the same.

CoT's entries are red because they aren't the same and they aren't being kept.

SoS's SkyrimCloudy is orange/brown because it is like the original (Chance is different), and is being kept. The rest of SoS is green because it is an addition with no other conflicts.

I haven't messed around with weather but I suspect you could merge these lists. The only caveat actually is that you'd have to make up your own series for Chance, so that your combined list keeps a total of 100.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any tutorials on making new warpaints? I already have the design made and saved as a PSD but don't really know where to go from there.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out myself :)

Edited by star-mystyk