What does Astrology mean?

Benkelly33

Hello dear,

Greetings to all! Myself recently started learning about Astrology. But don't know the actual meaning 'What does Astrology mean'? Could you give me better ideas about this?

Though I found few website like this http://astrologicalmeaning.com/what-does-ccush-mean This is Astrology Meaning website from where I could to know about Astrology I hope.

If you know about some astrology website please let me know.

Astrology: The unsubstantiated belief that the positions of colossal white-hot balls of plasma billions of light years away from Earth have a real and perceptible effect on your chances of getting laid on the weekend.

I try to be open minded about other philosophies and belief systems, but debunked pseudoscience is where I draw the line.

Astrology: The unsubstantiated belief that the positions of colossal white-hot balls of plasma billions of light years away from Earth have a real and perceptible effect on your chances of getting laid on the weekend.

I try to be open minded about other philosophies and belief systems, but debunked pseudoscience is where I draw the line.

So you think that all the Universe around us has absolutely no imperceptible influence over our existence at all? Interesting. :geek:

Â

So you think that all the Universe around us has absolutely no imperceptible influence over our existence at all? Interesting. :geek:
There isn't the merest shred of evidence that stars millions of light years away have even the slightest effect on the practical day to day existence of the Earth's inhabitants.

On the subject of imperceptible influences, if the effects you are looking for cannot be percieved by any means whatsoever then there is no basis to even infer their existence.

Edited by RatB0Y68

Hello dear,

Greetings to all! Myself recently started learning about Astrology. But don't know the actual meaning 'What does Astrology mean'? Could you give me better ideas about this?

Though I found few website like this http://astrologicalmeaning.com/what-does-ccush-mean This is Astrology Meaning website from where I could to know about Astrology I hope.

If you know about some astrology website please let me know.

I suppose,IMO, Astrology can be associated with any and all attempts at understanding ourselves and the mystery's that surround us.Astronomy is an offshoot of Astrology,Astrology is just a more primitive form that attempted to explain human relationships, psychology and predict the future by observing the movement of planets and stars.

I'm wondering why you ask the question,what are you looking to achieve by studying Astrology? Is it self-knowledge you're looking for? If yes,honest contemplation of your self is all you need.

I would suggest looking into Transactional analysis as a starting point for deeper insight into your ego.There is no book,no leader,no belief system that will answer your questions better than honest self-examination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_analysis

Edited by gandalftw

Phrenology isn't this where people put their brains into jars and keep them in the fridge? Or at least the brains of other people?

And the best thing to say about astrology well it is an ecomomic factor! So it gets us paid jobs, you know, all the tarot cards have to be printed somewhere, and crystal balls come from high tech industry. Or am I mixing this up with esoteric stuff?

Anyway well if this was an honest question, my honest answer would be astrology has no meaning for me.

Oh, and my zodiac sign is taurus.

I was raised as a Catholic and our family viewed astrology as occultism. To me it was just hogwash, except for one experience at a Sambo's Restaurant in the 1970's. A group of 15 of us were there after a Sunday mass, and while waiting for our tables to be set up, a rather scruffy man sat next to us and started talking to us. Somehow the topic of astrology came up, and our group started deriding it as bunk. The guy seemed to get irritated and then rattled off our astrological signs in quick succession, and was correct for 13 of the 15 people in my group. He asked the other two a few simple questions and then told us their correct signs also.

The odds of that are happening by chance are somewhere between ridiculous and practically non-existent, it left me and our group with open mouths and wondering if maybe there really is something to it.

Edited by TheMastersSon