⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[LE] Noob papyrus questions

candlepin

Ok, good to know.

I have a tangentially related question; is it possible to add new alchemy effects? I assume it is, but I'm unsure how to do this.

My thought would be to create a new Magic Effect with associated script (which accomplishes the new effect). But while playing around in the CK I have noticed that not all Magic Effects can be used as alchemy effects. I can't seem to find a unified theme to the Magic Effects that can be used for alchemy vs those that cannot. Is there something I'm missing?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update; I have done custom script-based alchemy effects working, but some if them do not revert back to vanilla values despite an OnEventEnd event that is scripted to revert values. Am I doing something wrong? I read on the Fallout CK site that OnEventFinished also works; is this true for Skyrim as well?

OnEventEnd doesn't exist in skyrim afaik, it's "OnEffectFinish"

ÃÂ

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnEffectFinish_-_ActiveMagicEffect

Thanks! I got most of my Magic Effect scripts working now. One thing I'd appreciate some input about is how to script magic damage. Specifically, I'd like to make an alchemical property that does fire damage. The closest thing in-game I could find was the flame cloak effect, but I'm just looking for a simple fire damage effect. My first thought is to add a script which adds the damage (reduces akTarget health?) to a Magic Effect. Maybe something like;

Int NewHealth = akTarget.GetAV(Health) - X

akTarget.SetAV(NewHealth)? But that doesn't seem like it would scale with better alchemy/singer ingredients. Is there an easy/easier way to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated, as always.

Edited by candlepin

Ok, I have a few more questions as I'm testing my new alchemical effects. Here's a few:

Is there a way to poison yourself (perhaps via a console command)? I'd like to test a cure poison potion.

I'd also like to quickly test a Dispel magic effect. So any ideas on how to test that out would be appreciated. I'd prefer quick and easy ways to test these mods as I often need many rounds of edits to get these things right.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by candlepin

Poison yourself?

Quick and dirty method... at the main menu enter the console and enter 'COC warehousetraps'

There are all kinds of traps to test in this room, some of which poison. You may want to beef up the character or enter immortal mode rather than god mode so that the status bars still function.

For more information on other testing cells, see here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Test_Cells

There seem to be GetMagnitude and GetDuration commands added by SKSE on the ActiveMagicEffect script. The example on the GetMagnitude page would seem as if the "self" were referring to the effect (script). I have never used either myself, though.

There is also a sort of family tree of scripts on the wiki that makes it easier to find commands, if it helps. The search function there on the wiki is a bit clunky (or I just cannot use it, probably the latter). http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Script_Objects

Edit: Oooops. Fixed the link formatting.

Edited by Contrathetix