Spot the creation kit beta testers?

Dark0ne

I think uber was questioning why an NDA is needed at all.

Bethesda are extremely tight lipped. Probably more so with the Steam Workshop because, like BioWare with their Social Network, they will view the Nexus (and TESA, and Curse, et al) as competition. Friendly competition, perhaps, but competition none-the-less. Their PR has always been nothing short of bad, ever since the Morrowind days. That doesn't mean I've had bad experiences with them, I just think the lack of information they share is bad.

I know Bethesda are extremely concious of laws and regulations, to the point that lawyers might as well be running their PR department.

Case in point: I have a blurb on a mock-up of a competition page for Skyrim that reads "Modding Skyrim just got a whole lot easier with the release of the Creation Kit (CK), the SDK for Skyrim. The CK allows modders to add and change pretty much anything within Skyrim...". They have stipulated that under no circumstances should the "Creation Kit" be short-handed to "CK" and it should always be written as "Creation Kit". I shared the fact this made me want to puke a fat one, which garnered amused responses.

Personally, I think that's just plain dumb. As I said, lawyers running the show.

Trademark. Ya gotta love it. Who did you get amused responses from about that? :P

I think uber was questioning why an NDA is needed at all.

Bethesda are extremely tight lipped. Probably more so with the Steam Workshop because, like BioWare with their Social Network, they will view the Nexus (and TESA, and Curse, et al) as competition. Friendly competition, perhaps, but competition none-the-less. Their PR has always been nothing short of bad, ever since the Morrowind days. That doesn't mean I've had bad experiences with them, I just think the lack of information they share is bad.

I know Bethesda are extremely concious of laws and regulations, to the point that lawyers might as well be running their PR department.

Case in point: I have a blurb on a mock-up of a competition page for Skyrim that reads "Modding Skyrim just got a whole lot easier with the release of the Creation Kit (CK), the SDK for Skyrim. The CK allows modders to add and change pretty much anything within Skyrim...". They have stipulated that under no circumstances should the "Creation Kit" be short-handed to "CK" and it should always be written as "Creation Kit". I shared the fact this made me want to puke a fat one, which garnered amused responses.

Personally, I think that's just plain dumb. As I said, lawyers running the show.

If their program is so impressive and yet they do not wish it to be referred as an acronym CK, I think it's short handed of them to even be naming it "Creation Kit". seems very generic in definition.

Has your NDA lifted yet? Can you tell me if anyone raised the craaaaazy idea of there maybe being some sort of search functionality at launch for the Workshop!? Flippin' crazy. They did a BioWare. Some how.

Has your NDA lifted yet? Can you tell me if anyone raised the craaaaazy idea of there maybe being some sort of search functionality at launch for the Workshop!? Flippin' crazy. They did a BioWare. Some how.

The website is far from being user friendly searching for the "CK" Every text link that States "Creation kit" leads to everything about the "creation kit" but the actual "creation kit" download itself. lol

I think they did this on purpose to hype up it's release for it to be talked about on multi threads on forums world wide. Making something more difficult to obtain causes more talk.

if you are looking for the "CK" to download here is the link....

http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/1119379400194741586

just look for the sentence... "To get started modding, install the Creation Kit – free through Steam to all Skyrim owners – from the Tools section of your Steam Library (or, click here to launch directly). "

Just use click here but you have to be logged onto steam to do this.

Edited by colourwheel