Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

So, I followed all the steps listed and the textures will not load unless I enable the esp files. If I leave them unchecked or delete them I get nothing. I have followed the step by step on page 2 several times. So bleh, guess I will just use mods for my textures.

Probably they are working, just they are subtle, for most things you may perceive the differences when approaching the surface since it is not so blurry as before.

Be sure to have input the changes in the ini as they are shown, missing a comma, for example may do all difference. Make sure to have input them into Skyrim.ini first and foremost since it where the game will look first.

@DubstepKid: Unpacking the BSA accomplish the same as putting the entry into the ini files and is a Huge waste of disk space. It works too so it's your call.

@jore666: Reinstalling the game helps nothing if you did not delete the content of the whole /data before reinstalling, and should not be really necessary. As said before, this kind of crash (fall to desktop without further notice) has been commonly associated with menus, UI, containers (inventories) mods outdated. Some changes in the ini may make the game unstable too (once I had a tweak about blood which crashed the game whenever I opened the map, mind you :) ). So may be advisable renaming SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini and let the game rebuild them, if don't work you can always rename the originals back.

PS: Remember if you had mods installed without NMM, their files may be hanging around, although I don't really believe this is the case, is worth verifying. Most UI related mods "lurks" their files under the /Interface folder, look there too. As last but possibly necessary if everything else fail, some of your savegames may be the cause of the instability for they may be already compromised. You may want to rename the whole /saves folder under Documents.../skyrim and try a fresh new game just to be sure it's not the case. Even so you may want to return selectively the previous save, for example only the last one you use now to the new save folder.

Edited by nosisab

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jore666: Reinstalling the game helps nothing if you did not delete the content of the whole /data before reinstalling, and should not be really necessary. As said before, this kind of crash (fall to desktop without further notice) has been commonly associated with menus, UI, containers (inventories) mods outdated. Some changes in the ini may make the game unstable too (once I had a tweak about blood which crashed the game whenever I opened the map, mind you :) ). So may be advisable renaming SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini and let the game rebuild them, if don't work you can always rename the originals back.

PS: Remember if you had mods installed without NMM, their files may be hanging around, although I don't really believe this is the case, is worth verifying. Most UI related mods "lurks" their files under the /Interface folder, look there too. As last but possibly necessary if everything else fail, some of your savegames may be the cause of the instability for they may be already compromised. You may want to rename the whole /saves folder under Documents.../skyrim and try a fresh new game just to be sure it's not the case. Even so you may want to return selectively the previous save, for example only the last one you use now to the new save folder.

I actually deleted everything related to skyrim only keeping saves (before reinstalling). Reinstalled it and all mods but still crashes with change in INI. Game is working normal without change to INI. I am doing now second reinstal. I will instal mods one by one and see if they cause crashing with INI change.

Edited by jore666

Hi,

the solution is here :

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8236

you must only change skyrim.ini (don't change other ini) like this :

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

The "HighResTexturePack01.bsa and HighResTexturePack02.bsa" must be placed after Skyrim - Textures.bsa !!!

Works perfectly for me, no quicksave bug, no "start new game" bug, no followers bug, etc... :thumbsup:

It's still not working for me!

I have about 6 gigs of texture mods installed and when I enable the .esp's, they load fine.

My Skyrim.ini shows this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Why isn't it working?

Hi,

the solution is here :

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8236

you must only change skyrim.ini (don't change other ini) like this :

[Archive]

The "HighResTexturePack01.bsa and HighResTexturePack02.bsa" must be placed after Skyrim - Textures.bsa !!!

Works perfectly for me, no quicksave bug, no "start new game" bug, no followers bug, etc... :thumbsup:

Indeed, Skyrim.ini is enough to get the textures running... but if for any reason you delete it and let the game redo it the change in there is lost, that's the reason has been advised making the change into the Sktrim_default.ini too. That is an uncompromising change and then is fine it going into the default ini for even if the pack is deleted the game still loads.

On the other hand is fine to see the community is already "fixing" mistakes in their (them) official mods. Yet making the changes directly into official package is not wise and not advised for the correction could be locally done and placed in /data without risking to harm official content and "possible" legal issues.

Edited by nosisab

so let me get this straight, bethesda official textures are better in what? so i could manage my mods with it

am sorry if someone already posted the same question but its 9 pages and am lazy to read all :P

They are not better at all but cover so far more textures than other mods like "Skyrim HD - 2K Textures" for instance. But when this mod will be finished, it will be way better than the official textures.

I think I see the problem now...

I have the no-sound problem now.

Here are my steps, perhaps someone could point out where I'm going wrong.

1. Uninstalled my mods with the NMM
  2. Browsed to steamapps/common/skyrim
  3. Browsed to Documents/My Games/Skyrim
  4. Opened the Skyrim.ini files in each directory
  5. Replaced the entire block of text under the [Archive] header with the following:

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsasResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

6. Saved both files.
  7. Re-installed my mods (HD 2K Texture mod included) with NMM.
  8. Started the game -- no voices, no real sounds either.

Would someone be kind enough to point out what I need to do in order to make things work?

Error bolded for emphasis, you appear to be missing a , and a space between the 'Skyrim - Sounds.bsa' and the 'sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim'

Edited by TaranTatsuuchi