Racial Tolerance or Just an Act?

Fkemman11

When did this nonsense about our civil rights and liberties start? Should we really endorse all this hand-holding while trying to sidestep every emotional landmine that other idiots laid down? When did America become a land of spoiled, tantrum- throwing, whiny, bitchy babies? :wallbash:

IDK, maybe somewhere between red people getting mowed down and thrown in mass graves at Wounded Knee and black people getting sick of sitting on the back of the bus? I mean, it's trivial to you since you're worried about how cruel the world is for not hiring you because you're not bilingual (or maybe your resume just sucks?) when 100 years ago a black person couldn't even vote. So, I think living in a "land of spoiled, tantrum- throwing, whiny bitchy babies" has been an improvement because you know, progress means making compromises. That is, unless you believe we need to make America great again (for white people) :hurr:

You illustrate my point rather well by pointing a finger at s*** that I did not have anything to do with. You sound very angry when you say "white people" in such a context. Perhaps you are one that feels that they are owed an apology? Well don't expect one from me. It is people like you that perpetuate race hate. My guess is that my life has been no easier than yours. As far as my troubles finding a decent job- it is as I say and has very little to do with my ability or personality.

While I would like to tell you off, I understand that it serves no purpose. Suffice to say that I will call it like I see it and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby Steele, author of “White Guilt,” calls this “manipulating stigma.” With the victory of the civil-rights movement, whites lost their moral authority—something that inevitably happens when you admit you’ve done something wrong. As a nation, we confessed our racist past, and we righted that wrong. That should have been the end of it, but with the loss of that moral authority came an increase in the moral authority of minorities—power they and the Democratic Party have twisted and used to advance one social-justice agenda after another. Steele says this happens because of white guilt, and the stigma of racism reinforces white guilt.
Clinton says we can’t hide “from the hard truths about race and justice.” Which hard truths is she talking about except that we must overcome our inherent racism? President Obama said it is “in our DNA” to be racist. With this statement, he stigmatizes our nation. Clinton’s call to do everything in our power to have the courage to name those truths and change them is another way of saying that whites are racists, so we must “stigmatize them” and force them to change—to comply. A lot of effort won’t even be needed, as we’ve seen with the Confederate flag. Just point the accusatory finger, and those who don’t want to be delegitimized by stigma will dissociate from any hint of racism. They will obey.
Since the civil-rights movement, which community organizers and Democratic elites capitalized on to increase their power, “whites, and particularly, institutions, have lived under threat of stigmatization,” says Steele. He explains that through this manipulation of white guilt, whites are continually put into the position of forever having to prove the negative, that they’re not racist. This is an impossible task, which is why we’ll never really be free of it. “If they don’t prove the negative, then the stigma sticks,” he writes. - An article in the Federalist

I makes sense to me. We are being played like I said. They want​ the hate to continue. It is a powerful tool- is it not? :geek:

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at all you white people griping about how inconvenienced you are by politically correctness and SJWs. It must be hard, to come from such a privileged history only to be reminded who's shoulders you stood upon to get there. Worse yet, if you AREN'T a rich white person, then it's just a reminder of how you have no one else to blame but your own shortcomings for not being successful (like blaming not getting a job on not being Hispanic when in actually, maybe you just have a crap personality? :wink: )

White people crying about reverse racism, what a time to be alive. :teehee:

Yes the accommodations are very nice up here on what you perceive as rich white man's mountain, with hard work, perseverance and self reliance it's open to anyone...but I tend to doubt that you will ever make it. My ancestors were poor starving Irish immigrants who dealt with NINA (No Irish Need Apply) signs posted when they went looking for a job but they persevered despite the system being rigged against them. Four of my great, great uncles went from the boat to the battlefield in the Civil War. Only my great, great grandfather survived the conflict to attempt to realize the American Dream, they worked hard through the generations, paid their dues without whinging about the inequalities of life or standing on anyone's shoulder to eventually arrive here in the alpine air...yes it is a good time to be alive.

When did this nonsense about our civil rights and liberties start? Should we really endorse all this hand-holding while trying to sidestep every emotional landmine that other idiots laid down? When did America become a land of spoiled, tantrum- throwing, whiny, bitchy babies? :wallbash:

IDK, maybe somewhere between red people getting mowed down and thrown in mass graves at Wounded Knee and black people getting sick of sitting on the back of the bus? I mean, it's trivial to you since you're worried about how cruel the world is for not hiring you because you're not bilingual (or maybe your resume just sucks?) when 100 years ago a black person couldn't even vote. So, I think living in a "land of spoiled, tantrum- throwing, whiny bitchy babies" has been an improvement because you know, progress means making compromises. That is, unless you believe we need to make America great again (for white people) :hurr:

You illustrate my point rather well by pointing a finger at s*** that I did not have anything to do with. You sound very angry when you say "white people" in such a context. Perhaps you are one that feels that they are owed an apology? Well don't expect one from me. It is people like you that perpetuate race hate. My guess is that my life has been no easier than yours. As far as my troubles finding a decent job- it is as I say and has very little to do with my ability or personality.

While I would like to tell you off, I understand that it serves no purpose. Suffice to say that I will call it like I see it and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

No one owes anyone an apology, because apologies don't bring people back to life, don't rewind hundreds of years of violence. You had nothing to do with it but you need to recognize you directly benefit from the actions of those people. Whether or not you like it, the land you're sitting on right now was stolen from someone else. The t-shirt you're wearing was made by some poor kid in another country who could never dream of all the opportunities you have. But you waste your life blaming your shortcomings on someone else. You admitted yourself you live in an area where being bilingual is a job requirement yet you lack the skills to learn another language. That has nothing to do with race. That has to do with the fact you live in a multicultural area and are unable to adapt to changes in language. No one is asking you to feel white guilt, but you need to recognize how you have benefited, how times have changed and how you now also need to change, or choose to fail as you have. You have three options. Either educate yourself to adapt to the changing market where you live, move to an area more suited to you, or continue life unemployed and unsuccessful. None of those options have anything to do with whining about other races.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at all you white people griping about how inconvenienced you are by politically correctness and SJWs. It must be hard, to come from such a privileged history only to be reminded who's shoulders you stood upon to get there. Worse yet, if you AREN'T a rich white person, then it's just a reminder of how you have no one else to blame but your own shortcomings for not being successful (like blaming not getting a job on not being Hispanic when in actually, maybe you just have a crap personality? :wink: )

Yes the accommodations are very nice up here on what you perceive as rich white man's mountain, with a little hard work, perseverance and self reliance it's open to anyone...but I tend to doubt that you will ever make it. My ancestors were poor starving Irish immigrants who dealt with NINA (No Irish Need Apply) signs posted when they went looking for a job but they persevered despite the system being rigged against them. Four of my great, great uncles went from the boat to the battlefield in the Civil War. Only my great, great grandfather survived the conflict to attempt to realize the American Dream, they worked hard through the generations without whinging about the inequalities of life or standing on anyone's shoulder to eventually arrive here in the alpine air...yes it is a good time to be alive.

They worked hard through the generations without whining about the inequalities of life... yet here you are doing just that :confused:

Yes the accommodations are very nice up here on what you perceive as rich white man's mountain, with a little hard work, perseverance and self reliance it's open to anyone...but I tend to doubt that you will ever make it. My ancestors were poor starving Irish immigrants who dealt with NINA (No Irish Need Apply) signs posted when they went looking for a job but they persevered despite the system being rigged against them. Four of my great, great uncles went from the boat to the battlefield in the Civil War. Only my great, great grandfather survived the conflict to attempt to realize the American Dream, they worked hard through the generations without whinging about the inequalities of life or standing on anyone's shoulder to eventually arrive here in the alpine air...yes it is a good time to be alive.

They worked hard through the generations without whining about the inequalities of life... yet here you are doing just that :confused:

A relatively poor rebuttal that attempts to characterize pride as whining. If that is your best shot..it fell far short of the mark...chuckles.

@ FatalMaster Your not reading what I am saying at all. The only thing you seem to see is whitey complaining about Mexicans. I only mentioned that as an example. I have a job. But it is freakin ridiculous for someone to have to learn Spanish in America to have an easier time finding a job. It should not be expected for English speaking Americans to have to adapt to Mexican speaking people on American soil. Rather the opposite should be true.

And as far as who "owned" this land to begin with is irrelevant. It is American soil now. If anyone might need to adapt to the present - it would be you.

Now understand that I am not some prejudiced ass. I try to judge people on an individual basis regardless of skin color. Can you claim the same?

Scientifically, there is no difference between human beings. We are all the same. There is only the HUMAN RACE.

All differences are perceived by the viewer. And those perceptions are the foundation for separating humanity into smaller groups. And that separating of humanity into groups based on a perception is the definition of racism. But don't believe me. Check out Merriam-Webster.

Scientifically, there is no difference between human beings. We are all the same. There is only the HUMAN RACE.

All differences are perceived by the viewer. And those perceptions are the foundation for separating humanity into smaller groups. And that separating of humanity into groups based on a perception is the definition of racism. But don't believe me. Check out Merriam-Webster.

DNA is only part of the story though. Much as some folks like to deny it, there ARE differences between groups of people. Granted, a fair few of them are cultural, or heavily influenced by their culture, but, we are most certainly NOT all the same.

DNA is only part of the story though. Much as some folks like to deny it, there ARE differences between groups of people. Granted, a fair few of them are cultural, or heavily influenced by their culture, but, we are most certainly NOT all the same.

Yeah, I know. And Global warming is a myth and the moon landing was faked and JFK wasn't really killed and aliens built the pyramids.

Science is the only story. Everything else is opinion. And opinions are like rectums, everyone has one and the are all full of feces.