Racial Tolerance or Just an Act?

Fkemman11

A longstanding orthodoxy among social scientists holds that human races are a social construct and have no biological basis. A related assumption is that human evolution halted in the distant past, so long ago that evolutionary explanations need never be considered by historians or economists.
In the decade since the decoding of the human genome, a growing wealth of data has made clear that these two positions, never at all likely to begin with, are simply incorrect. There is indeed a biological basis for race. And it is now beyond doubt that human evolution is a continuous process that has proceeded vigorously within the last 30,000 years and almost certainly — though very recent evolution is hard to measure — throughout the historical period and up until the present day.

Analysis of genomes from around the world establishes that there is a biological basis for race, despite the official statements to the contrary of leading social science organizations. An illustration of the point is the fact that with mixed race populations, such as African Americans, geneticists can now track along an individual’s genome, and assign each segment to an African or European ancestor, an exercise that would be impossible if race did not have some basis in biological reality. -Time "What Science says about race and Genetics"

Found this to possibly answer the statement that racial differences are a social misconception. There is at least one biological difference between people of different races. There are many more than that to be honest.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A longstanding orthodoxy among social scientists holds that human races are a social construct and have no biological basis. A related assumption is that human evolution halted in the distant past, so long ago that evolutionary explanations need never be considered by historians or economists.

In the decade since the decoding of the human genome, a growing wealth of data has made clear that these two positions, never at all likely to begin with, are simply incorrect. There is indeed a biological basis for race. And it is now beyond doubt that human evolution is a continuous process that has proceeded vigorously within the last 30,000 years and almost certainly — though very recent evolution is hard to measure — throughout the historical period and up until the present day.

Analysis of genomes from around the world establishes that there is a biological basis for race, despite the official statements to the contrary of leading social science organizations. An illustration of the point is the fact that with mixed race populations, such as African Americans, geneticists can now track along an individual’s genome, and assign each segment to an African or European ancestor, an exercise that would be impossible if race did not have some basis in biological reality. -Time "What Science says about race and Genetics"

Found this to possibly answer the statement that racial differences are a social misconception. There is at least one biological difference between people of different races. There are many more than that to be honest.

Thank You. :)

@Fkemman11

Well at least here is a cogent thesis. Though there is a study that asserts that some Neanderthal genes have survived to modern times.

The extant and exact percentage does seem still open to question. Like all products of evolution we are survival adaptive if the genetic trait is useful.

http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/anthropology/science-neanderthal-genes-modern-human-dna-01734.html

And is is a lie. It is a thesis introduced in Nazi Germany to prove that Jews and Gypsy's and blacks where inferior to Adrian white blonde blue eyed Germans. But this disproven science will not die. It is trotted out every time a racist needs to justify treating a fellow human being in an inhumane manner.

Recent science has proven that we are all one race. But this sound science does not fit a racist agenda, so it gets dismissed.

So I am done with this. I wash my hands and stomp the dust from my boots. You are welcome to wallow in your ignorance stupidity.

And is is a lie. It is a thesis introduced in Nazi Germany to prove that Jews and Gypsy's and blacks where inferior to Adrian white blonde blue eyed Germans. But this disproven science will not die. It is trotted out every time a racist needs to justify treating a fellow human being in an inhumane manner.

Recent science has proven that we are all one race. But this sound science does not fit a racist agenda, so it gets dismissed.

So I am done with this. I wash my hands and stomp the dust from my boots. You are welcome to wallow in your ignorance stupidity.

I tend to doubt that promise, but you may yet prove to be a man of your word. The Journal of Nature is a well respected long standing non partisan science publication which you might have discerned if you read the article. If you conflate genes and race as being synonymous then there is not much else to say, but you might want a refund from whatever liberal factory that taught you english composition.

How can a person of reasonable intellect deny what it is right in front of their face. Even someone that makes the mildest of observances can see differences in the ethnicities. It doesn't take a scientist to explain this. I have lived and had friends and girlfriends for that matter from several different ethnic backgrounds. While biologically and even genetically we are very close in every instance, there are differences- even if very subtle ones.

Lets take medical studies for example. I have read from several sources that African Americans are more likely to develop Diabetes. Why is that so? Because there are very small differences in their genetic or biological structure. I would add that it is because of this genetic and biological diversity between races that has greatly benefited Humanity by not making us all predisposed towards any one type of illness- or ironically one type of thinking. Having different opinions is necessary to maintain a healthy collective view on any given subject.

It is when one opinion, no matter how ludicrous, is forced on everyone that we as a species are in danger of stagnation and ultimately our demise. And anyone that equates me with a Nazi for stating the obvious needs a significant readjustment in their thinking. :rolleyes:

Humans are all of the same species. There are, however, different subspecies, all with some distinct differences. A lot like and Great Dane, and a Chihuahua are both dogs, but, no one would ever argue they are both 'the same'.....

Humans are all of the same species. There are, however, different subspecies, all with some distinct differences. A lot like and Great Dane, and a Chihuahua are both dogs, but, no one would ever argue they are both 'the same'.....

Try telling that to the Chihuahua...chuckles. :laugh:

However on topic. The Tibetans have retained some genes from their Denisovan ancestors which makes them high altitude adaptive. Inuits retained the cold adaptive genes of Neanderthals. I cannot see anything reprehensible about retaining superior climate adaptive genes from alternate hominid lineages. We are all homo sapiens but given man's basic nature I tend to think that they were not overly picky when they found a woman that would have them given the dearth of choices in prehistory.

It is not a case of superior or inferior it's a matter of what is the most useful to the indigenous population. Evolution tends to sort out what works and what doesn't over the millennia.

Try telling that to the Chihuahua...chuckles. :laugh:

However on topic. The Tibetans have retained some genes from their Denisovan ancestors which makes them high altitude adaptive. Inuits retained the cold adaptive genes of Neanderthals. I cannot see anything reprehensible about retaining superior climate adaptive genes from alternate hominid lineages. We are all homo sapiens but given man's basic nature I tend to think that they were not overly picky when they found a woman that would have them given the dearth of choices in prehistory.

It is not a case of superior or inferior it's a matter of what is the most useful to the indigenous population. Evolution tends to sort out what works and what doesn't over the millennia.

I would never argue with a Chihuahua....... You will never convince them they are NOT the superior species. Or sub species for that matter..... :D

@ FatalMaster Your not reading what I am saying at all. The only thing you seem to see is whitey complaining about Mexicans. I only mentioned that as an example. I have a job. But it is freakin ridiculous for someone to have to learn Spanish in America to have an easier time finding a job. It should not be expected for English speaking Americans to have to adapt to Mexican speaking people on American soil. Rather the opposite should be true.

And as far as who "owned" this land to begin with is irrelevant. It is American soil now. If anyone might need to adapt to the present - it would be you.

Now understand that I am not some prejudiced ass. I try to judge people on an individual basis regardless of skin color. Can you claim the same?

Mexican isn't a language. Spanish is, so you've already shown your ignorance. Actually you are the one being ridiculous, MOST young people in developed nations are bilingual. YOU are actually in the minority of workers in 1st world nations and lack modern skills of communication. You have failed to adapt. It is especially common for neighboring nations to desire bilingual job applicants. Every single time I traveled through France and Germany, I would be speaking the native language when the locals would hear my accent and begin speaking to me in English, because they were well educated. The United States is one of the few 1st world countries where international communication is not prioritized. Do you realize how challenging it is for those "Mexican speaking" people to come to America and adapt, learning English to compete in the job market? They stepped up to the challenge and succeeded. Something you are failing to do.

27.5% of the world is multilingual. In the USA only 13.8% are bilingual.

Edúcate tu mismo.