War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

Very nice! I've never been able to use WotC because of the DLC requirements and I'm glad to hear they'll be non-DLC variants. In the vanilla game they're not enough enemies in the wasteland to have firefights with. Even lower spawn times don't help that much.

Good luck with the mod!

Edited by Nutulator

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little support bump!

I know modding can suck the life out of a person...and it sounds like you have some boring stretches to get through...

...So I just wanted to make you smile! And although you probably already know, like me, there's a bunch of us that stop by here everyday to read your updates. And we really appreciate it. I know I do. Thank you '::D:'

Just a little support bump!

I know modding can suck the life out of a person...and it sounds like you have some boring stretches to get through...

...So I just wanted to make you smile! And although you probably already know, like me, there's a bunch of us that stop by here everyday to read your updates. And we really appreciate it. I know I do. Thank you ': :D:'

Cheers mate. There is quite a bit looming yes, hopefully I can get some people to help with the spawn placements and building/testing while I keep coding. Time is of the essence lately :/

I just hope this mod, for the most part(Barring optionals) sticks to using vanilla assets/leveled lists.

One thing really great about the original mod compared to spawn mods for every game was how well it interacted with any and all mods that changed leveled lists and enemies.
Some mods insist on adding new (usually badly named)enemy types and tiers instead of using the vanilla leveled lists

Genuine increased spawn mods, with the fat trimmed out, are far and few, but greatly appreciated.

On an unrelated note, would love for some more expanded options, for example, maybe separate creatures into insects/animals/robots. The current mod seems to add a lot more insect spawns than anything else when choosing animals/creatures, and who doesn't hate swarms of giant bugs? (Masochists I assume)

Oh and, massive appreciation for picking this back up, always loved this mod.

Edited by OnHolyServiceBound

I just hope this mod, for the most part(Barring optionals) sticks to using vanilla assets/leveled lists.

One thing really great about the original mod compared to spawn mods for every game was how well it interacted with any and all mods that changed leveled lists and enemies.

Some mods insist on adding new (usually badly named)enemy types and tiers instead of using the vanilla leveled lists

Genuine increased spawn mods, with the fat trimmed out, are far and few, but greatly appreciated.

On an unrelated note, would love for some more expanded options, for example, maybe separate creatures into insects/animals/robots. The current mod seems to add a lot more insect spawns than anything else when choosing animals/creatures, and who doesn't hate swarms of giant bugs? (Masochists I assume)

Oh and, massive appreciation for picking this back up, always loved this mod.

Definitely is vanilla focused, extremely cross compatible, without any alterations to vanilla apart from the placed points in the world, that is also my ambition.

There will be multiple systems, such as extra wildlife and Infestation points to do some of the things you mentioned. Plus many more.

The idea is to provide the massively customizable framework for other mods to just work with. Will also be highly "save safe", with little to no persistence after uninstall.

Just read the new description, got even more excited to play this already.

Keep up the awesome work SMB92, you're the hero modder we need but don't deserve.

Lol I don't know about that last part!

Will make life a lot quicker if we can get a team together to build the physical marker network :)

Another little update for you folks.

Been playing around with the menu again today, what a gargantuan thing it's gonna be. I was building in it into a single function so that the user could make use of "Back" and "Exit" buttons without stacking too many functions by using multiple functions (which is a easier to read and manage way to do it, whereas my way is like "Inception" and very hard to keep track of). It however occurred to me that I can move absolutely all of this functionality to the Quest fragment script, I just have to keep developing in easy to track system of Quest stages.

I seen some information online that states that quests don't work properly when going back stages, but so far I've moved the primary menus over to this system and they work just fine, excatly as I pictured and I can also manage everything a bit better :)

Anyhow I'm hoping to fill out all the main random spawn systems this weekend, as in all Actor Types for each system and all the relevant Globals (excepting the Ambush, Settlement Patrols and Terminator Stalker Systems) and finish the primary menus, leaving only the advanced menus to be done later.

Fun fact: If a single Actor type is included in all (currently) 10 systems, and the mod consists of say, 25 "Regions", and he has 12 main settings to edit per region (as well as a master menu to set across all regions), there will consist 6000 menu pages for him alone.

The way the menu is laid out and the way the code is written, its not a massive as it sounds, well at least I keep telling myself that ;). Won't be many NPCs if any in this league however. Most will top 2500 or so.