We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

Can't wait for this. Literally haven't played an ounce of SSE because I'm waiting on a mod manger that has working virtualization. I'd also like to use one manager for all my Bethesda games. I hope Vortex is up to the task.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly, truly hope you release a plugin for Mod Organizer Style Virtualization at or around release for those that want it. I never liked NMM's method and Mod Organizer was simply one of the smoothest experiences for me and a lot of people I know and not having that in this Vortex would feel like a huge step back for us.

In response to post #50261022.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

yeah MO users are not quiet. also many are very aggressive in their views on NMM and often behave like their manager is superior due to it being more complicated.

In actual use it's not more complicated and it's actually easier to use than NMM once you understand how to do the basic things. It is superior for a lot of people and that's not something that will change.

In response to post #50261022. #50718447 is also a reply to the same post.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

yeah MO users are not quiet. also many are very aggressive in their views on NMM and often behave like their manager is superior due to it being more complicated.

ContessaR wrote: In actual use it's not more complicated and it's actually easier to use than NMM once you understand how to do the basic things. It is superior for a lot of people and that's not something that will change.

MO is not complicated (except for BSA extraction E.T.). I loved it. But I can live without it and expect to fall in love with Vortex, when time comes. In fact, no mod manager is complicated, they are just different.

I'm looking forward to the new Vortex mod manager. Something new to try out. I can understand mod manager loyalty. But I like trying different managers.

For Oblivion I use a combination of OBMM, Wrye Bash and manual install.

For FO3/New Vegas, I use FOMM, Bash and manual.

For Skyrim, I have been using Mod Manager and enjoy it very much. Even with the the virtual file system and keeping the data folder clean, I still go into the Mod Organizer\mods\ folder and mess around with mods manually. Though most things can be done through the interface, I still like to see what's going manually. Can't help myself.

I still haven't modded up and played Fallout 4 yet. So I believe that will be the game I will try Vortex with.

As with the other mod managers, through tutorials and trial & error and use, I'm sure it will be no problem getting a heavily modded working game to play great. Then there will be gaming goodness indeed!

In response to post #50261022. #50718447, #50727542 are all replies on the same post.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

ContessaR wrote: In actual use it's not more complicated and it's actually easier to use than NMM once you understand how to do the basic things. It is superior for a lot of people and that's not something that will change.
J.O.D. wrote: MO is not complicated (except for BSA extraction E.T.). I loved it. But I can live without it and expect to fall in love with Vortex, when time comes. In fact, no mod manager is complicated, they are just different.

MO is superior due to it being better in every possible way lol. Check boxes to disable/enable mods, changing file priority just by moving them up or down the list, having a file explorer of sorts built right into it. There is nothing NMM currently does better than MO. Edited by Guest

Except work with all the possible games on this website.

Agreed. I wish I could test Vortex on my STEP Pack: Morroblivion with FCOM (Oblivion). I give up on Mod Organizer to work with the complicated setup I have, so I'll use Wrye Bash with TesModManager for the time being.

As I have not received my Vortex Beta Tester magazine, Logo'd blazer and Vortex Beta download link I think it is safe to assume Vortex is not developed to the point of beta distribution yet...How could such a worthy applicant as I be turned down? Yeah...that's what I am going with. Sending out productive and supportive vibrations to the development team. Thanks for your efforts!