We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

Do people even bother reading the previous posts before asking the same questions? <sigh>

And also, MO works fine with the latest WIn10 version.

In fact...

You know that Mod Organizer is operational with the latest insider builds and the release build of the fall's creator update for Windows 10, right? As well as being operational with the current live build? Like, you have to be trying to have a build it doesn't work on at this point.

That said playing is good :smile:

and;

Yeah, MS released a windows insider update that specifically contained a fix for mod organizer. So they're committed to backwards compatibility with it on the new Win10 releases.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that Mod Organizer is operational with the latest insider builds and the release build of the fall's creator update for Windows 10, right? As well as being operational with the current live build? Like, you have to be trying to have a build it doesn't work on at this point.

That said playing is good :smile:

and;

Yeah, MS released a windows insider update that specifically contained a fix for mod organizer. So they're committed to backwards compatibility with it on the new Win10 releases.

Those ones. The ones with people saying things that you're quoting :)

@LordGrievous; Once clarified what was meant by "discussions", my suggestion was going to be to contact directly (PM) those who made the comments. Yourself included.

Not having had any problems with Win10 (not with playing, installing others' mods, or editing/using my own for the games I play, and not with the "Creator's Update" [Version 10.0.15063] currently, or even when I was running the "Preview" version on a secondary HDD back in early 2015) I'm not in a position to say why some say they're having issues with MO (which is deprecated, even by its author.)

Q&A Date: 05/10/17

Robin: Moving forward, what are your release plans for Vortex? Will there be an alpha? What time scales are we talking here?

Tannin42: Giving concrete dates is always difficult because one almost always underestimates the amount of work required to polish stuff towards the end.

Straight Answer: Development progress is unpredictable regardless of Tannin42s' experience. Any knowledge of the release length of his past projects are incomparable to his work under Nexus now that he is no longer freelance.

Tannin42: My current plan is to have an early alpha build in the hands of a limited group of test users within a month, maybe 6 weeks.

Straight Answer: Non-public alpha testing might begin in 6 weeks (06/21/17)

Depending on their feedback we should expect somewhere between 1-3 months to fix bugs after which I think we can release a public alpha.

Straight Answer: Assuming debugging is on pace, A public alpha might be released 1-3 months past the 6 weeks of non-public alpha testing. If Tannin42 miraculously prophesied the release of Vortex; 3 months being maximum; then It should be released around (9/13/17)

Current Date: 10/18/17

Time for another News update.

It's still being worked on, pre-alpha testers/our focus group are helping to provide feedback and our UI/UX professional started last week. When we're ready to talk more about Vortex, we will. I'm going to close this thread now as it has run its course.