We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

In response to post #50242172. #50246642, #50250007 are all replies on the same post.

qwertyzeldar wrote:

In response to post #50239892.

remlnx wrote: Not going to use this, give from day 1 the same virtualization as Mod Organizer.
60-70% of Nexus community use MO not NMM and you are prioritizing those "im unable to learn something that is not NMM and i dont even wanna try" that is probably less than 40% of the users?
That's why i started to cry when Tannin moved to work for Nexus, because of course the new Vortex manager destiny is to be more similar to NMM than MO.

Not going to renew my sub, forget it.

Where did you pull those stats from? Were they made up in your head, perchance?

pretty sure i know where he got em...

a significantly higher number of people use NMM over MO based on Forum posts alone.

Jennievm wrote: I'm not so sure about this. The modders using MO tends to more quiet about it. Just looking at a forum is no indication of how many users are out there. I bet if you have a way of checking what mod manager pulls mods from the nexus you will find this not to be the case No im not here to fight about anything. That is just my opinion. But seriously I will try it. If it have what i had before and more than great. If not ill just stick to what already works.
Dark0ne wrote:
The modders using MO tends to more quiet about it

My experience has been the exact opposite, to the point where some MO users can often act smugly superior.

They're more quiet in the same place those out-of-ass statistics are true - OP's imagination.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #50239892. #50240062, #50244007, #50246277, #50249942 are all replies on the same post.

remlnx wrote: Not going to use this, give from day 1 the same virtualization as Mod Organizer.
60-70% of Nexus community use MO not NMM and you are prioritizing those "im unable to learn something that is not NMM and i dont even wanna try" that is probably less than 40% of the users?
That's why i started to cry when Tannin moved to work for Nexus, because of course the new Vortex manager destiny is to be more similar to NMM than MO.

Dark0ne wrote: Where did you pull those stats from? Were they made up in your head, perchance?
matortheeternal wrote:
J.O.D. wrote: Like Nexus is Skyrim only and on Reddit, 100 % Nexus users are present...
Dark0ne wrote: Our mod manager login figures show that only 8% of user agents are from MO users. So unless people want to argue that most MO users don't download via MO/use the login mechanism, i.e. they use it in offline mode (the same argument could also be used for NMM as well), then 8% is your official figure. To clarify, this is only comparing games that MO actually supports, so I've removed the figures for games like The Witcher 3 from the NMM stats so it's a more fair representation.

I'd never use a poll of the /r/skyrimmods Reddit community as an accurate representation of the entire community. They tend to be more "tech savvy" or even "tech aware" than your average mod user and I would class it as the "enthusiast" side of the community. Hence why I can believe those figures in the poll easily for that community.

And to clarify, this does NOT mean we do not want to cater to this small side of the community as well. This is simply a correction to the over-inflated figures being thrown around about MO's usage within the entire community at this time.

I can buy the 8 percent thing, but I'd imagine that's partly because NMM has a download link on every single page of the Nexus, while MO has to be actively searched for. I think it'd be a lot closer if they had equal exposure. It's not just that MO is for advanced users, it's also that a lot of people grab NMM and are perfectly fine with it. It'll be interesting to see how this split changes when/if Vortex has both systems as options (assuming you guys can even collect that info, anyway).
At any rate, I think we can all agree that, as long as it's not completely screwed up, Vortex will be more popular than either one once it starts getting out there.

In response to post #50239892. #50240062, #50244007, #50246277, #50249942, #50290947 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: Where did you pull those stats from? Were they made up in your head, perchance?
matortheeternal wrote:
J.O.D. wrote: Like Nexus is Skyrim only and on Reddit, 100 % Nexus users are present...
Dark0ne wrote: Our mod manager login figures show that only 8% of user agents are from MO users. So unless people want to argue that most MO users don't download via MO/use the login mechanism, i.e. they use it in offline mode (the same argument could also be used for NMM as well), then 8% is your official figure. To clarify, this is only comparing games that MO actually supports, so I've removed the figures for games like The Witcher 3 from the NMM stats so it's a more fair representation.

I'd never use a poll of the /r/skyrimmods Reddit community as an accurate representation of the entire community. They tend to be more "tech savvy" or even "tech aware" than your average mod user and I would class it as the "enthusiast" side of the community. Hence why I can believe those figures in the poll easily for that community.

And to clarify, this does NOT mean we do not want to cater to this small side of the community as well. This is simply a correction to the over-inflated figures being thrown around about MO's usage within the entire community at this time.
lued123 wrote: I can buy the 8 percent thing, but I'd imagine that's partly because NMM has a download link on every single page of the Nexus, while MO has to be actively searched for. I think it'd be a lot closer if they had equal exposure. It's not just that MO is for advanced users, it's also that a lot of people grab NMM and are perfectly fine with it. It'll be interesting to see how this split changes when/if Vortex has both systems as options (assuming you guys can even collect that info, anyway).
At any rate, I think we can all agree that, as long as it's not completely screwed up, Vortex will be more popular than either one once it starts getting out there.

I want virtualization data like MO or i won't be using vortex. Edited by Kevin843

if it costs money I won't be using it. another thing, is it going to be like the last couple of releases of nmm said this: "This version of NMM is comprised of bug fixes from community members and it is provided as is with no further support from the Nexus team."

some people really know how to inspire confidence

In response to post #50239892. #50240062, #50244007, #50246277, #50249942, #50290947, #50294092 are all replies on the same post.

matortheeternal wrote:

lued123 wrote: I can buy the 8 percent thing, but I'd imagine that's partly because NMM has a download link on every single page of the Nexus, while MO has to be actively searched for. I think it'd be a lot closer if they had equal exposure. It's not just that MO is for advanced users, it's also that a lot of people grab NMM and are perfectly fine with it. It'll be interesting to see how this split changes when/if Vortex has both systems as options (assuming you guys can even collect that info, anyway).
Kevin843 wrote: I want virtualization data like MO or i won't be using vortex.

Hi I've been modding my games for only the last two years, since I've been on disability and have had the time to brush the rust off my programming from the 80's. I've tried both Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer, and am currently using Mod Organizer 2, out all all of them I found that the Nexus Mod Manager the most difficult to use from an ignorant point of view. Where as the format, ( not the programming ) of Mod organizer is a lot more intuitive. I have just spent the last 3 weeks modding Fallout 4 MO2 and have finally got it to work and play without conflict drawing mods from not only Nexus and Bethesda, but self created as well. For the prior 8 weeks before that I tried NMM and was unable to succeed. Now if I'm one of only 8% of your users that uses MO than how do the say 80% who don't actually do programming understand NMM and the way it works. It is possible that the sophistication of MO is just easier for me to use because of the way I think, but it is my hope that no matter what method is used to make it work that the Interface will be more similar to MO than NMM. In this I do hope that Dark0ne and Tannin listens and hears the small side of their community

In response to post #50304597.

dr_rsc wrote: if it costs money I won't be using it. another thing, is it going to be like the last couple of releases of nmm said this: "This version of NMM is comprised of bug fixes from community members and it is provided as is with no further support from the Nexus team."

some people really know how to inspire confidence

Like with all mod managers, it will not cost any money. I'm not sure why you even brought it up.
Secondly, the nexus team discontinued support for the current NMM to start working on Vortex, and Vortex hasn't even been released yet. So for them to discontinue support for something that hasn't been released yet isn't possible.

His logic is sound. Virtualization is superior. I don't understand how people can be so upset that the 2 best mod managers teamed up and are creating a better product for all... for free! I'm thankful for all of you on the Nexus site and especially those of you on the Vortex project. Thank you for all of your hard work.