Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

to me actually, bethesda as a developer, if they really want to appreciate the mod makers out there for keeping their f***ing games alive until now, I mean seriously they even get into SWITCH, if they really want to thanks their fans for keeping up their games alive, they as a developer should pay mod maker. well, I don't really know how could it work that way, maybe copycat other developer using such as modding competition with prize money where users can vote which one of this mod is the best of the best( someguy2000 quest mod should be 1st prize hehehe; just kidding) should be consider as appreciation right instead of this creation club " purchase credits " which is still a paid mods.

Edited by harimau93

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@harimau - this is a good point and all, but my opinion is that they made the product on the provision this is what you could do with it and thats a sales pitch right there, to me whats being done here is not unlike some creep hearding a child into a van full of candy. They've gone hard on the modding pitch and now they making you pay for it, another analogy might be a drug dealer giving free samples.

Unless the spilt is 50/50 maybe even 40/60, especially for full custom content made for purpose, thats how I see it.

Anytime money is involved everything get dirty.

This is a tough scenario and all we can do is ride it out and see what happens. If its that bad it will fail on pc, no doubt in my mind. We are a loud bunch that drives of the gaming industry in a new direction each year. I see people that game on consoles say to stop publishing on pc its too much trouble. They cant. PC drives game sales on consoles. It dictates what will do good and what wont most of the time. PC isnt something a publisher cant say heres some s#*!, eat it, you have no other choice. We have the control. Its possible it will turn into hey well pay you to make ps4 mods if you have a good idea. Also xbox, just the whole custom asset thing, the more choice we have the better imo. BUT what we should not do is start tearing ourselves apart from the inside. We need to be an ever resilient turtle shell,looking out for each other and trying to make things happen in the consumers best interest. Thats not always going to be free mods either. Heres to all of us sticking together and doing whats best for the community that we've all developed together.

@blzz871 - Golden words.

@encelor - If were being optimistic, yeah we'll get some more new high quality content. But micro dlc is nothing to be happy about. Likely I would buy it anyway cos I'm a sucker for nice stuff, but i'll be gritting my teeth every time :P

I read what's being said here and am hopeful of what could be the result but while I'm hopeful I'm busing myself building a fallout shelter for the community civil war that I see on the horizon and prey that it doesn't come to pass.

Someone should create a follower mod called Sarcastic Sally for Fallout 4 and Greedy Glenda for Skyrim Special Edition. They would sometimes give you credits which have zero value and only say Sarcastic or Greedy replies. Just in response to this new creation club thing. :tongue:

Edited by Supergamerlover