TES VI not in active development

Moksha8088

"Elder Scrolls VI is ... a very long way off," Bethsoft exec Todd Howard told Geoff Keighley during the YouTube LIVE at E3 showcase.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58005/elder-scrolls-6-happen-full-development/index.html

I assumed it was in active development, but I guess there are two major projects ahead of it. I suppose marketing research has pointed development toward on-line multiplayer and VR titles. Unfortunately, those are not the games many Skyrim and Fallout players wish to play. In the interim, market research may suggest developing games even further afield than the core Elder Scrolls and Fallout line.

This is old news as Todd said this a few months back as to what is the deal with TES6. Basically they want us to beta test put out their other two large projects before implementing the technology used in them into TES6.

Yeah after all the milking of Skyrim for the last 6 years, no one at this point gives a damn about other projects the team is doing. If it ain't TES6, who cares?

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Shepard editions, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Looks like I'll just keep playing these for another decade. Thanks for the info about Elder Scrolls being delayed.

Edited by gaultjohn

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind if they're at least creating some other sandbox they'd be good at. Possibly that space/sci-fi franchise that's been speculated about?

I would just be disappointed if all they have is more MMO crap or smallish Fallout/Elder Scrolls games.

As I see it, Zenimax Inc won't let Bethesda release a TES 6 till Zenimax O.S. have milked ESO to death, Zenimax Inc won't want ESO deserted by the huge number of players that would jump ship to a TES 6..

As I see it, Zenimax Inc won't let Bethesda release a TES 6 till Zenimax O.S. have milked ESO to death, Zenimax Inc won't want ESO deserted by the huge number of players that would jump ship to a TES 6..

you do realise zenimax can milk eso in an eternity with minimal effort and staff and even minimal content just by promising