What do you do when people go off on a tissy fit.

kvnchrist

It seems that a member of the board here has somehow come to the Idea that I have reported one of his posts and has scolded me over the pm system, demanding of me that I never report any of his posts ever again and then telling me that he has placed me on ignore, so I can't find out what this is all about, For the life of me, I can't remember ever reporting anything from him.

This post is not about getting back at this person, but to discuss ways of dealing with situations and people in a mature and open manner as to reduce the chances of these people raging like this. There are far too few people who do these debates and to reduce that in any way hurts the board.

Who knows, maybe the person will see the reply's of others in this and rethink his coarse of actions.

Gotta love this. Scolding and falsely accusing someone of reporting them. Self-fulfilling prophecy, much?

And reporting is all you should have done, imho. Making a topic about something like this does tend to work, but in the opposite direction from what you want.

There won't be no mature and open debate either way though. There will be just be even more hard feelings then there already were. And all who post in this thread will end up on his s***-list. How's that for a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Edited by BlackRampage

Unless one feels that the accusation is a stain on your sterling reputation , ignore the nimrod and move along. One can fix anything in life but stupidity, so trying is to change the mind of idiot is sort of sisaphian exercise. It is of course a violation of the TOS to send berating or abusing PM's..which is report worthy. However blocking someone's PM's who is shall we say unhinged is really the easiest path..no muss no fuss..they are gone from your life.

Gotta love this. Scolding and falsely accusing someone of reporting them. Self-fulfilling prophecy, much?

And reporting is all you should have done, imho. Making a topic about something like this does tend to work, but in the opposite direction from what you want.

There won't be no mature and open debate either way though. There will be just be even more hard feelings then there already were. And all who post in this thread will end up on his s***-list. How's that for a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I thank you for this. All I really wanted to do is to talk about this in hopes that the person will see others replies and think about how he dealt with this situation. If I wanted to start something, I would have named him, up front and that, I think would have started something that .I should think would get me banned from here. I'm not looking for a flame war and that's why I brought it up.

Unless one feels that the accusation is a stain on your sterling reputation , ignore the nimrod and move along. One can fix anything in life but stupidity, so trying is to change the mind of idiot is sort of sisaphian exercise. It is of course a violation of the TOS to send berating or abusing PM's..which is report worthy. However blocking someone's PM's who is shall we say unhinged is really the easiest path..no muss no fuss..they are gone from your life.

I am not calling this man this, but I learned, a long time ago, that even the most outrageous people in the world have something to say. I subscribe to the idea that everyone is a library and anytime that voice is silenced, that library is burned or burns itself to the ground. There are always losses in life, but those removed so abruptly give me pause to reflect. Maybe he will do the same.

I am not calling this man this, but I learned, a long time ago, that even the most outrageous people in the world have something to say. I subscribe to the idea that everyone is a library and anytime that voice is silenced, that library is burned or burns itself to the ground. There are always losses in life, but those removed so abruptly give me pause to reflect. Maybe he will do the same.

Still and all, some folks just aren't worth listening to. :)

Unless one feels that the accusation is a stain on your sterling reputation , ignore the nimrod and move along. One can fix anything in life but stupidity, so trying is to change the mind of idiot is sort of sisaphian exercise. It is of course a violation of the TOS to send berating or abusing PM's..which is report worthy. However blocking someone's PM's who is shall we say unhinged is really the easiest path..no muss no fuss..they are gone from your li

I took the path that is ritualistic, off from spanking a brutish bully who needs one, because they're playing with the minds of people here who try and keep as civilized as possible. Even I know I am not perfect, but I pay attention when I am being approached by an attacker and ready myself with the powers of my mind to deal with them.

Unless one feels that the accusation is a stain on your sterling reputation , ignore the nimrod and move along. One can fix anything in life but stupidity, so trying is to change the mind of idiot is sort of sisaphian exercise. It is of course a violation of the TOS to send berating or abusing PM's..which is report worthy. However blocking someone's PM's who is shall we say unhinged is really the easiest path..no muss no fuss..they are gone from your li

I took the path that is ritualistic, off from spanking a brutish bully who needs one, because they're playing with the minds of people here who try and keep as civilized as possible. Even I know I am not perfect, but I pay attention when I am being approached by an attacker and ready myself with the powers of my mind to deal with them.

I concede the moral high ground to you my friend, I'm just a pragmatist.