So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

When that is done beth will most likely unleash the lawyers on sites like loverslab and nexus.

And that would be the end of Bethesda. At least as far as the PC community is concerned. Let's be honest here, their vanilla games aren't that extraordinary to survive without modding.

Rockstar just got a taste of how people react when the moddability is removed.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so mad? They gave everyone the assets for free didn't they? They are sitting in unencrypted standard .ba2 files. It would be perfectly legal to write an .esp or .esl file of your own to activate content everyone already has and share it to the modding site of your choice right? Heck, just put it right up on Bethesda.net :laugh:

For those curious, those assets made up 681MB of the 2.1GB update.

I pretty much never post on here, but here is my two-cents.

Even if we ignore the CC altogether the 2 major issues I can see in the future from this are:
1. If the CC continues in its current state of pre-downloading assets, we'll be the ones who suffer disk space from how ever many mods appear on the CC

2. If they release a mod on the CC and someone in the modding/nexus community wants to make something similar (even unknowingly) they may be at risk of legal action for doing so.

I pretty much never post on here, but here is my two-cents.

Even if we ignore the CC altogether the 2 major issues I can see in the future from this are:

1. If the CC continues in its current state of pre-downloading assets, we'll be the ones who suffer disk space from how ever many mods appear on the CC

2. If they release a mod on the CC and someone in the modding/nexus community wants to make something similar (even unknowingly) they may be at risk of legal action for doing so.

and why is this s*** preloaded onto our harddrive anyway? It should only be downloaded when you buy it.

Edited by Kaliban71

So I guess the only solution is to reinstate the previous version in its entirety? (I do have that zipped.) I'm getting a libscePad.dill is missing from computer message when just reinstalling the previous FO4.exe.

I played today after the update for several hours. Will that save be usable I wonder rolling back FO4 folder to previous state?

Why is everyone so mad? They gave everyone the assets for free didn't they? They are sitting in unencrypted standard .ba2 files. It would be perfectly legal to write an .esp or .esl file of your own to activate content everyone already has and share it to the modding site of your choice right? Heck, just put it right up on Bethesda.net :laugh:

For those curious, those assets made up 681MB of the 2.1GB update.

Thinking about it, uploading a mod .esp that uses the assets without uploading the .nif and other stuff may actually.... be legal????

o_O

I am not going to try it, as who knows what would happen! :tongue:

But I am starting to think bethesda may have gone crazy. :teehee: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

When that is done beth will most likely unleash the lawyers on sites like loverslab and nexus.

And that would be the end of Bethesda. At least as far as the PC community is concerned. Let's be honest here, their vanilla games aren't that extraordinary to survive without modding.

Rockstar just got a taste of how people react when the moddability is removed.

Don't be so sure about that. The majority of players don't mod their games. Also, I don't know how old you are, but I am too old to expect AAA being made for me. Most players are much younger, most players play on console (I'm from Germany, and according to Chris Roberts Germany has an extraordinaryly large PC community) and most players just want to plug and play.