So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

wow retextures and paint jobs, you call that creation club contents bethesda ?? This is paid mods simple and here i was expecting some detailed quest mods and new adventures. well what can you expect from a company that sold us Horse Armor after all. pathetic simply pathetic.

They actually added Horse Powerarmor there ^^

i seen this coming a mile away and no one would Liston. i felt this would happen as soon as i heard consoles would be able to get mods. i never thought they would get any free ones tho. i always thought that would have to pay for theres and its another way for beth getting out of patch and fixing there game while still giving us a empty game over all and had the better REAL quest cut from the game and placed as DLCs.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my Data folder and yes, all the CC I didn't order, pay for or want have been downloaded and are currently taking up 681MB of HDD space. I know, 681MB isn't a lot, even for someone like me who doesn't have a big HDD, but it's only for 10-12 mods. What happens when/if the CC grows to say 100 mods? Are we forced to store several GB's of content we didn't want, didn't pay for and don't have access to? It's probably legal - otherwise they wouldn't have done it I guess - but that made me really furious. F4SE will be updated because competent and brilliant people make it so I don't really care that I can't play FO4 for a few days, but forcing me to store extra content on I don't want on my limited HDD?!

Anyways, I switched FO4 in Steam to only update when I launch the game but I'm wondering if that's good enough to prevent future updates or does launching the game through F4SE count as me launching the game and therefore enabling steam to update the game?

#LetCCDie

This is what concerns me, enough for this to be my first post on Nexus. I use a 250GB SSD. Honestly, it's enough for my needs until I can afford a second drive, but I definitely can't afford to have several gigs worth of stuff I'm not using.

I'm on Nexus, so obviously, I use mods. The big problem with Creation Club (for me) is that I really can't afford to have space taken up (and lots of it) by things I won't be using.

I don't have the space for that, and even if I did, I'm just not the type of person to have stuff on my rig I won't be using.

One thing I don't understand, is if they're calling these "mini-DLCs" or whatever so as not to call them "paid mods", then why the hell isn't this covered by the season pass? We already have a disappointing amount of content compared to what it sounded like we were going to get when they announced the season pass, and now we have to pay about the same price as the pass for 12 cosmetic items? This is ridiculous. I'm donating to some of my favourite modders now instead of supporting this trash.

Managed to get offline from Steam just in time. Looks pretty permanent for me. I will never use the service and the bloat will only get worse. If Bethesda's next game comes with this nonsense pre-installed then no to it also.

I make sure that I have my Steam games only update between 5am-6am and only when I launch them. Since my chance of being online at 5am is rather slim and I always go offline and start with F4SE I did not get updated. I also back up my computer and make regular 7z of my game folder, Ini and plugin.txt files too. I have done this since Morrowind (even though that was for my personal save safety not because of updates). We all spend a lot of time modding and keeping our games running to have Bethesda mess them up again and again. I will wait to see what happens next. I hope the CC dies a fast, expedient death. They can take their 100 credits and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I hate micro-transactions and never have bought anything that way.

Bethesda must have been hit with the gloo gun from Prey since nothing about the last 2 times has sunk in with them.

Was too late to stop the update. Thx Beth for 681mb of preloaded crap I didnt ask for!

Anyone making content for the CC is a collaborator, sellout and a traitor to the cause.

I don't thin many will fall for it, since they're not getting roaylties but only a single payment. That model isn't geared at making modders rich. Rather to exploit them. It's not like the flight simulators of old, where modders could sell their own projects to the community. And even back then, some of the best additions were made for free.

Couple of things.

As stated in previous threads about the CC, a majority of the content in the CC will most likely be developed in house.

The horse power armor was one of the main things I pointed out previously. It's literally in the very first video before they opened up the bethesda mod page, before the CC was ever mentioned. Meaning it was developed a long time ago by one of the devs, never used, then dropped into the CC for a ridiculous price, along with all the other crap. Chances are much of it was created in house, and abandoned at some point during their development cycle. They chose not to give it away for free. So this seems to have been a half assed idea by someone right around the point the bethesda mod pages started going up.

Now that they've basically added all of the current CC content to everyone's hard drives, but without esps to activate them (which is begging for piracy as modding is really easy especially when all but the esp is provided), this seems to be pointing to plans with future games. Why not just have all of that content pre-packed with the main game files, then try and get suckers to pay up through microtransactions. Seems like they are testing the waters right now. Basically using the current community as beta testers for future implementation in upcoming games they have in development.

What happened to all of the holy defenders of the creation club? I'm sure they have answers for everyone.

I wouldn't pay for -any- of that. Hell, you don't have to pay for the Hellfire or Stealthsuit.

That horse armor? I wouldn't download it for free, much less pay for it. Not that Beth gives you a choice apparently, given it's in the update.

TumbaJamba does better stuff before he gets out of his pajamas in the morning, and his stuff is free.

Minimum wage begets minimum work, Beth.

Now that they've basically added all of the current CC content to everyone's hard drives, but without esps to activate them (which is begging for piracy as modding is really easy especially when all but the esp is provided), this seems to be pointing to plans with future games. Why not just have all of that content pre-packed with the main game files, then try and get suckers to pay up through microtransactions. Seems like they are testing the waters right now. Basically using the current community as beta testers for future implementation in upcoming games they have in development.

Some things are not even worth pirating. Such as guns. If I'm craving for a special gun I can choose from an abundance of models on the nexus. Or power armor paint coats. I mean, who needs them?

But noone can say how the console guys are reacting. And that's the real danger of the CC being successful after all.