So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

Interesting numbers indeed and sounds pretty realistic. Make 1% of what your company makes on the bottom line. Hell I used to work for Kroger and they would throw it in the employees faces occasionally about how they make 2-3 billion dollars in profit(spending money) at the end of the fiscal year, while most department heads making 19/hr get around 1100-1200 per week(about 800-900 after taxes) and that's only if they work 50 hours+.

But I don't know man, BGS ain't calling the shots here. They probably did not want to implement this. But the executives did because all they saw is $$$ in modding. Work in company on the low end of the scale for a while and you realize who's the real bad guys. At this point any additions/changes, ANYTHING related to $ and modding, I know it's ZeniMax.

Edited by Rasikko

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the elder scrolls and fallout games have an incredible life-span because of modding.

It's just natural that they're trying to make some money with this.

The thing is they are too lazy to make new dlcs, I mean worthwhile dlc, so they're paying modders some pocket money.

In general I wouldn't say the creation club is bad.

But their release line-up of mods is ridiculous.

Pipboy skins? Really? For $0,50 no less?

It could be a huge success if they eventually offer extensive quest mods with new areas.

Something that you would accept as an official dlc, just not as expensive.

Earning some money can be a big motivation for modders.

Not to mention that apparently bethesda is doing some quality control ( whatever that is worth lol ).

But, yeah with the current mods they have this seems like a huge failure.

One thing I can't wrap my head around though is that they're forcing people to download all the mods.

Even worse. They're giving people the opportunity to just extract the assest and make free mods from them. lol

It seems like this whole thing is primarily aimed at consoles where you can't do s*** with the assests.

Edited by Grasmann

One thing I can't wrap my head around though is that they're forcing people to download all the mods.

Even worse. They're giving people the opportunity to just extract the assest and make free mods from them. lol

It seems like this whole thing is primarily aimed at consoles where you can't do s*** with the assests.

Thanks, that's the answer i was looking for in these forums. Now i will wait that someone takes the furnitures for settlements from the data and make it into a free mod (because i'm no modder unfortunately).

To be frankly, when i've seen the name "Creation Club for Fallout 4", my face enlightened because i thought they made a new DLC for my favourite game, with plenty of new furnitures and stuff for the settlements. How naive am i...

To be frankly, when i've seen the name "Creation Club for Fallout 4", my face enlightened because i thought they made a new DLC for my favourite game, with plenty of new furnitures and stuff for the settlements. How naive am i...

You'd be completely forgiven for that. I think a lot people started to see this as a positive thing the same way you did, but we all should of known better because this is Zenimax/Bethesda. They can't get their games quite right, how can they get anything else quite right. All this is is a Zionist's Inquisition on console owners.

One other thing that came to my tiny brain. Do the mods this and other communities make for free increase the overall value of a game? We certainly know that they help a games overall sales- if only by a small margin. But do the large DLC sized free mods contribute to the overall value of its parent game? Like if Beth decided to sell the Elder Scrolls in a few months, would they be able to sell it for more because of the insane amount of free mods for it? Also, could one negotiate a contract with them to make a percentage of sales rather than a flat fee?

Of course they profit from the mods.

Ever since I bought fallout 3 the only reason why I bought all the bethesda games are the mods.

It's a bit like a long birthday party, you never know what gifts you get. lol

So, in other words: I'm mostly buying the games to see what modders can do with it.

Although I have to say I rarely use quest mods.

I was always more interested in the mods that provide new functionality.

But bethesdas engine design is both a blessing and a big limitation.

You can setup new equipment and stuff pretty easily but if you want to do special things you often hit all kinds of limitations.

Recently I've been making mods for a game called Warhammer End Times Vermintide.

That game didn't have modding support at all when I started working on it with a friend.

Eventually we built a whole modding framework and put our own options directly into the game options and stuff.

In the end we had ~60-70 different mods from different people.

I think the majority of the community is now using at least some mods. XP

But in vermintide we basically had access to the whole source code. No limitations.

Things like showing weapons on the back aren't even an issue there. I made a mod like that.

I just catch an event that signalizes the weapons are loaded, load up the same 3d objects and link them to the back with a certain offset.

It's as easy as it gets.

In fallout 4 you need specifically designed weapon-on-back equipment.

Like ... really? Are you kidding me?

That might be off topic :tongue: but it's something that's bugging me for a while.

Before they try to charge for mods like pipboy skins and power armor paint they should give us proper access in the scripts.

Such a basic feature. Load a specific 3d model and place it somewhere.

Edited by Grasmann

Ok, I really haven't been following this "creation club" thing but was kinda forced to get somewhat up to speed because of the update (I have steam set on "update on launch" so, since I launch through f4se, I've managed to avoid it so far). And, wait a minute... so you actually download the assets (couple GB from what I understand) of mods that are for sale even though you may not buy any (when hell freezes over in my case) ? Maybe a simple-minded question, but can't you go into your game folder and just delete all that crap or have they made it so the game somehow depends on that content existing in your game folder?

Ok, I really haven't been following this "creation club" thing but was kinda forced to get somewhat up to speed because of the update (I have steam set on "update on launch" so, since I launch through f4se, I've managed to avoid it so far). And, wait a minute... so you actually download the assets (couple GB from what I understand) of mods that are for sale even though you may not buy any (when hell freezes over in my case) ? Maybe a simple-minded question, but can't you go into your game folder and just delete all that crap or have they made it so the game somehow depends on that content existing in your game folder?

Steam will replace it.