[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

So the first post is not updated for 2.0.8 or the latest 2.0.9 for SSE version 1.5.53

anyway....

My question is that in 2.0.9 the Data\Scripts folder now has 85 .pex files and the Data\Scripts\Source folder has 62 .psc files.

What's new text file doesn't mention 20+ new scripts and we would kinda need the source files to make use of them.

Is this error or oversight or am I just seeing things?

I think you need to check that in the latest version since I downloaded SKSE64 2.0.10 for SSE 1.5.53. Although, I haven't install it yet perhaps tomorrow after a good night sleep.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to check that in the latest version since I downloaded SKSE64 2.0.10 for SSE 1.5.53. Although, I haven't install it yet perhaps tomorrow after a good night sleep.

Yes they did correct this - we are back to 62 scripts now - which is 1 new one for Lights I think - something for detecting heat for survival - i'd have to look again.

Thanks go to SKSE team !!!

Generally speaking anytime there is a skyrim update, requiring an SKSE update... all SKSE dependent mods also need to be updated? Is there not way around this, because there are a few mods that haven't even been updated to 1.5.50 and now we have 1.5.53

I would have thought the mods themselves would mostly be ok?

[i'm going to massively oversimplify, even if I hit the mark, but...] For the most part aren't the SKSE64 updates just adjusting the pointer values, and the actual scripts/functionality of SKSE64 would be the same so mods relying on SKSE don't need to call scripts any differently? (I'm sure there are some exceptions)

Yes, any standard mods using SKSE functions don't need to be updated each time there's a new version.

But there are dozens of mods that include SKSE64 plugins (with their own DLLs) and those are the ones that need to be updated along with SKSE64 itself every time there's a new game version released.

My curiosity is piqued. After all these years I'm not sure I've come across any that include their own plugins/dll's, certainly none I still use.

Now I've got a mission: find these mods, see if I'm missing out :smile:

Edited by ozoak

I have a question for the devs of SKSE64. How close are we on fixing the issues with the Scaleform API? I really want SkyrimSouls to work right with iHUD and that is causing CTDs with SkyrimSouls due to the Scaleform API issue that Kassent found out.

Just wanted to get a closer look at the progress of the development for SKSE64.

Off Topic: The link to the latest thread on Silverlock needs to be updated to this thread.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new here at, this topic. So, sorry, if my suggestion was recommended before...

Just a simple notice, I think it would sense:

ATM, the only solution to confirm whether SKSE is stratedti the game, and get info, is:

- typo at the console skse; skseversion; getskseverison

Would be great without make any input the info would be at the main page, for instance something like that:

- SKSE installed + version number would shown at the main page, when the game launched. At the buttom left corner, etc...