New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108, #54660288, #54660308, #54660578, #54660638, #54661128 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
TheMagician16 wrote: It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.
pra wrote: Well, I can't remember the last time I actually found anything using the nexus search function.

After testing it again it seems to work, at least if you remember exactly how the mod was called, since only the title is being searched by default.
I have no idea on which logic search by description works, but "settler rename" brings up exactly one result, despite there being several mods which do that, one of which I uploaded myself. It seems like the order of words is actually important, since "rename settler" brings up 8 results.
MrMason wrote: If you're seeing incorrect search results then please post the specifics in the bug tracker and we will investigate: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues
ScrollTron1c wrote: I'm pretty sure that you have certain tags blocked.

IIRC when the "XBone Version available" tag was added, this was not enabled by default and thus every mod with the tag was filtered out from searches.
Jeir wrote: I've never had an issue with the Nexus search, and every time someone's said they couldn't find something in particular, it's always been because they're blocking tags.
The tag system is very flawed. It's best not to block anything to make sure you actually get accurate results. See something you don't like that used to be blocked? Just don't click on it and move on. =)

Hm, I indeed had the tags "xbone available" and "ps4 available" blocked. Okay, we'll see if that improved anything.

In response to post #54661163.

TheCrow1983 wrote:

The new layout is atrocious as heck. It's better designed for mobiles than a pc. I think the old design should be kept for pc.

+1
I do not like this new look and access on PC.
I like 100 better old, faster to search and select categories of mods.
On the list as "Today's mods", there's not even presentation images ...

In response to post #54661163. #54661308 is also a reply to the same post.

TheCrow1983 wrote:

The new layout is atrocious as heck. It's better designed for mobiles than a pc. I think the old design should be kept for pc.

2Mylent wrote: +1
I do not like this new look and access on PC.
I like 100 better old, faster to search and select categories of mods.
On the list as "Today's mods", there's not even presentation images ...

I think just the same like you. I don't like it at all.

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108, #54660288, #54660308, #54660578, #54660638, #54661128, #54661208 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
TheMagician16 wrote: It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.
pra wrote: Well, I can't remember the last time I actually found anything using the nexus search function.

After testing it again it seems to work, at least if you remember exactly how the mod was called, since only the title is being searched by default.
I have no idea on which logic search by description works, but "settler rename" brings up exactly one result, despite there being several mods which do that, one of which I uploaded myself. It seems like the order of words is actually important, since "rename settler" brings up 8 results.
MrMason wrote: If you're seeing incorrect search results then please post the specifics in the bug tracker and we will investigate: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues
ScrollTron1c wrote: I'm pretty sure that you have certain tags blocked.

IIRC when the "XBone Version available" tag was added, this was not enabled by default and thus every mod with the tag was filtered out from searches.
Jeir wrote: I've never had an issue with the Nexus search, and every time someone's said they couldn't find something in particular, it's always been because they're blocking tags.
The tag system is very flawed. It's best not to block anything to make sure you actually get accurate results. See something you don't like that used to be blocked? Just don't click on it and move on. =)
pra wrote: Hm, I indeed had the tags "xbone available" and "ps4 available" blocked. Okay, we'll see if that improved anything.

Well many of the mods I was searching for already is avaliable for X1, so that's not the issue, and I did remove the tags. MrMason, I will take a look and sumbit something if I manage to figure out how that website works.

Edit: i will double check to make sure Edited by TheMagician16

In response to post #54661043.

OlivierDoorenbos wrote: I like the old layout much more on desktop. Since this site covers PC games, not mobile games, could we keep the PC centric interface, not the mobile interface plz. Or at least offer both, long term.

+1

In response to post #54661113.

Valyn81 wrote:

New layout looks awesome, but It is bulky/too big, on Desktop. If you can reduce the space needed and give them more of a LEFT to RIGHT layout that would be great.

By left>right I mean, it NEEDs to use up the space given and not waste so much by listing everything on the left side. Also the main page has TOO much space on the sides.

Things of note:

• Where once I could see all my mods in about half the screen, now take up a whole screen. The mod controls alone take up double the space.
  • The main Nexus page looks great, but the pictures take about almost 3x more space on the screen making scrolling almost 4x as much.

Okay how did you get the list formatting?

I tried to update one of my mod comment stickies with BBcode, but that doesn't seem to work at all. The HTML conversion from the forum threads also don't work as intended with some rules being ignored.

edit: nevermind, the BBcode works after refreshing the page. Edited by ScrollTron1c

In response to post #54661388.

RomulusAugustulus wrote: When I middle-click a nexus link, I get the old design on the newly opened tab (Chrome)
Apart from that, I really like the new design.

Don't know about Chrome, but the new version is only live under the address "rd.nexusmods.com" so all links made to the original address (without RD) will lead back to the old site.