New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new design is nice to look at but navigation seems like it was designed for portable devices. Unsure, if the text needs to be so large. I like how it looks but functionality needs more tweaking. It reminded me of Windows 8 layout. Maybe, You can build a skinnable UI plug-in to make everyone happy.

I like it. Especially the tabbed layout.

But I'd also like, at some point in the future, the ability to change the layout or mute certain feeds/tabs so they do not clog up my front page. Like image posts, for instance. Not really interested so I'd prefer if it was gone. And I want site news higher up, etc. Two-column layout would be better for desktops or non-portable devices.

Edited by PaganoWagano

It works with the Vivaldi Browser. I loved the design ever since we got a glimpse of it years ago.

It's gonna take at least a week or two to get used to it and navigate it without even thinking like we do with the current/old design. So you just have to give it a chance. I'm willing to bet 50 bucks that people wont even remember the old design in a year.

Well, for me so far, I'm pretty ok with the new design. Having the Latest files be more prominent on the main page is good, on the old design it's kind of tucked away on the right-hand side. I like, too, having a little file image in the Manage Mods section, makes a mod stand out more and easier to locate than having to find its name. I also like that certain details are on the description page of the mod, the little drop-downs providing what mirrors the mod has, permissions, and requirements, it puts them right there for the user or author to easily find rather than having to hunt through tabs.

While I'm ok with the images, at least in how they behave as more of a gallery rather than the image blow-up from the old layout, which can end up hanging sometimes. But I do agree in some cases they're a little too big, like with mod headers. Images used in mod headers tend to end up a bit blurry, though this could be amended by replacing the image or re-cropping it. And I'm a bit ambivalent on the size of videos on the description page. Since they take up so much real estate you can't really grid them anymore. It's a minor thing, really, but I do like doing that.

Overall though I'm pretty ok with the new layout. I know for most it feels big, but we have been using a smaller, tighter layout for a long time now after all, so with the new layout being larger and more "open", and things not being where we're used to, it's going to feel awkward for a while.

I click the link to the new site design and get a solid white page, Firefox 56.0.1 64-bit.

Edit: Correction, it loads fine I apparently wasn't giving it enough time to load in entirely.

Edited by Sezuel