New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54694978. #54695053, #54696068 are all replies on the same post.

bchick1 wrote: Everyone on this forum complaining needs to get a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese" and read it thoroughly. For goodness sake, you are acting like 12 year olds! or like our Government, which is worse.
You would think the Nexus site(s) were somehow crucial to your existence ..... snowflakes!
Ethreon wrote: Riiight.. people shouldn't raise concerns or criticism, they should shut up and take it. Way to go there mate.
Mr. Dave wrote: Weabos are everywhere. :D Sad, sad little 50 cent brigade.

@bchick1
Take a break from the internet bud lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the new design at all, IMO many of us are just too familiar with the old layout (I have been using mods since Oblivion was a thing, and the page has barely changed since then). I have ONE problem: we need VANITY FOLLOWER category/tag. I never voiced my opinion on the matter because I hoped that the new redesing would take that into account. I don't want semi-nude followers in the main page AND I don't want to take time to block 100+ authors that pump these kind of mods almost daily. And my problem is not with nudity or clothing at all, it is because it is a niche that many people seem to love, therefore cluttering the hot files page and preventing higher quality mods to be showcased.

Vanity followers are 90% of the time a mashup of other mods with a vanilla voice wearing a bikini (made by another author). I understand that might appeal to some, but those falling in the same category as INIGO seems like a bad joke. The same applies to Clothing and Armors: Bikinis are not armours nor clothing, they should have their own category as well. This case is not nearly as bad as the follower one though, since making a bikini actually takes time and effort to do so (MESH+texture is a lot of work).

TLDR: we need more specific categories. I am tired of wasting my time looking for a new armor mod and having to swim through 200+ bikini conversions to every body type imaginable. Same for followers.

In response to post #54694848. #54695693 is also a reply to the same post.

piotrmil wrote: I do hope you will leave the old design as an option. The old one is way better and less cluttered. Don't force things down our throats. The " Don't fix what's not broken" is exactly the argument I'd use if I had to describe the new look. Utterly horrible.
Exalerion wrote: Totally agreed +1

I love it. REALLY HARD. And i've only used it 30 minutes. Bye bye old desing, this one is way better (and what exactly is your definition of "clutter"? It's actually really clean, polished and structured)

In response to post #54694978. #54695053, #54696068, #54697353 are all replies on the same post.

bchick1 wrote: Everyone on this forum complaining needs to get a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese" and read it thoroughly. For goodness sake, you are acting like 12 year olds! or like our Government, which is worse.
You would think the Nexus site(s) were somehow crucial to your existence ..... snowflakes!
Ethreon wrote: Riiight.. people shouldn't raise concerns or criticism, they should shut up and take it. Way to go there mate.
abc123guy wrote: @bchick1

That's beacuse they probably have 12. Altough I support the government (don't make this a political thing please) I agree with you that nobody can take change. I, for myself, love it already.

In response to post #54694978. #54695053, #54696068, #54697353, #54697718 are all replies on the same post.

seba1337 wrote: That's beacuse they probably have 12. Altough I support the government (don't make this a political thing please) I agree with you that nobody can take change. I, for myself, love it already.

Well the first thing some people will go to is "people can't take change". It's typical.
But maybe it's better to have an actual rebuttal to people rather than trying to broadbrush and shut down.

News flash. People will disagree with you about the new design. Get over it.

In response to post #54694978. #54695053, #54696068, #54697353, #54697718, #54697833 are all replies on the same post.

seba1337 wrote: That's beacuse they probably have 12. Altough I support the government (don't make this a political thing please) I agree with you that nobody can take change. I, for myself, love it already.
abc123guy wrote: Well the first thing some people will go to is "people can't take change". It's typical.
But maybe it's better to have an actual rebuttal to people rather than trying to broadbrush and shut down.

News flash. People will disagree with you about the new design. Get over it.

It's almost as if this poster and others of their ilk believe constructive criticism of flaws in something is somehow a bad thing? Edited by AGreatWeight

Ooh! A nice surprise for me visiting Nexus in the middle of the night.

Looks slick and modern. I've barely used it -- no surprise there -- so there's not much to report yet. The padding around the articles is nice: gives it a certain space, a room to breathe, without taking away any meaningful area.

That being said, I do have a couple of suggestions regarding UX:

There's no need for the "plus" on the main page's games as a menu. You only have two options there, and one is directly replaced by a more straightforward click-on-the-element-itself. Leave the plus as a button for "add to favorites", which is what it seems to should have been doing by default.

The "loading/action pending" modal that opens at every "add to favorites" (and, I have to assume, other database-related actions). There's no need for it to dim the background, be closable or, in fact, be full-page. If you're using it to indicate action in progress, indicate it right next to the action: in fav's case, right on the button, by replacing the plus with the cogwheel and then, once done, with a green tickmark. It's a more straightforward, streamlined indicator. Leave full-page modals for something that requires further input: say, a form to fill, like when uploading a new mod, or a confirmation of actions important enough to demand it.

Switch "Submit" and "Cancel" buttons around. By putting "Cancel" to the rightmost, you encourage it by implying it's a more important or necessary action. When I'm about to post a comment, the least desirable thing I'm about to have is to erase whatever I've written due to reasonably-developed muscle memory. You already do the same with "Forum Thread"/"Add Comment" and "Report"/"Reply" buttons: they're in the right order, the predictably most often used one being on the right.

That's all I've got so far. Looking forward to seeing you guys move further into the future with this!