Election Year Debate

Aurielius

You missed my point.

Corporate lobbying causes things that are a huge burden on tax payers.

Corporations pay taxes, and are thus entitled to have their grievances addressed, just like you and I.

Or do you support the wholesale suppression of their right to free speech?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between myself and a corporation, is I am a actual person.

The law disagrees with you. So is it your contention then that it's OK to tax someone without representation in Congress?

Wonder why the law disagrees with me? Might have something to do with the fact corporations paid off politicians for that as well :whistling:

You tell me, is a corporation a person or not? Seems a bit obvious that corporations aren't people, and the law was changed due to the same problem I am talking about.

It is fine to lobby. It is not fine to pay off politicians to do exactly what you want them to do. Representation is not equal to paid lobbying. Paying a politician or giving them a high paying job down the line to do what you want is not representation, it is essentially bribery.

Even if it was somehow okay in your book for corporations to pay off politicians to follow their interests, do you not realize not every average person has billions of dollars? Isn't it blindingly obvious that if corporations can have control over politics through paid lobbying the average person has no real say?

Edited by marharth

I really don't like Mitt Romney. So much that I'm probably not even gonna waste the gas driving out of my way to go and vote. Mitt Romney is just a copy/paste basic, tote the party line Republican. The way I see it is if Obama does get re-elected, and he does run this country even deeper into the ground, then people are going to be so pissed off at the government by that point that they may look to someone else for answers. I really dislike the 2 party system in general. As some have already pointed out, Obama's foreign policy is basically the same as Bush's and I agree. Also Obama's economic policy isn't much different than Bush's, except Obama wasted even more money. I'm gonna say this straight up, I got no faith in this country anymore, or the people voting, or the people elected to run it. Edited by Beriallord