Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56785966.

Mashiki wrote:

In regard to site compatibility, I use Firefox (latest version) and have absolutely no compatibility problems with the redesigned Nexus site.

Saying "latest version" really doesn't mean much. Builds based around Chrome 59/early 60 releases would fail. Same with Firefox/waterfox builds based around core 56.0/56.0.x not including the 56.0.3 builds. FF57 seems to be mainly stable and properly working. If on the other hand, you were using Waterfox 56(nov17) it was 100% broken. Palemoon which uses a fundamentally different way of dealing with the standards works 100% of the time though.

Well, I guess you just needed to show off your browser geek muscles. Anyway, untutored though I am in the ways of browsers, the latest version of that Mozilla thing called "Firefox" continues to work quite well for me. Edited by Augusta Calidia

AAAARGH!

YOU DROPPED SUPPORT FOR ANIMATED GIFs!

BARMPOPLOOPYNUTZ!

So they just get binned from old mods using them as part of their descriptions when converted to new nexus?

"Oooh look empty holes in the description, according to the words this mod author should have put an image in there but the plonker forgot to eh?"

NOPE!, blame friggin nexus for all the missing work we put into these legacy mods descriptions and images.

EDBOOMINGOBFARTZ

( You know I love you all really :P )

In response to post #56819956.

alt3rn1ty wrote:

AAAARGH!

BARMPOPLOOPYNUTZ!

So they just get binned from old mods using them as part of their descriptions when converted to new nexus?

"Oooh look empty holes in the description, according to the words this mod author should have put an image in there but the plonker forgot to eh?"

NOPE!, blame friggin nexus for all the missing work we put into these legacy mods descriptions and images.

EDBOOMINGOBFARTZ

( You know I love you all really :P )

That's strange, I've just uploaded an animated gif.

Well the new Design may look cool, hip or whatever the kids call it today..

but at the point of usability and information on screen it just suck bad times...

The design may work on mobile devices.. but not realy on a desktop PC...

Like so many homepages these days .. big bling bling on screen and no information :(

I actually have 2 suggestions.

On the full site: Would it be resonable or possible to move the search bar above the drop down menus? I find that so often when I mouse over to the search bar I accidently catch one of the drop down menus and then click on that instead of the search bar which then can take me to different game page.

When looking at the mobile version: When I'm looking at a mod page in the mobile version, I can't see the catagory path for the mod.

In response to post #56819956.

alt3rn1ty wrote:

AAAARGH!

BARMPOPLOOPYNUTZ!

EDBOOMINGOBFARTZ

( You know I love you all really :tongue: )

That's strange, I've just uploaded an animated gif.

Your mod images (Optional)

To give people a better idea of what they can expect from your mod, some in-game images should be included.

We recommend you use image sizes of 1920x1080 (16:9). This will fit best within this area and will retain a consistent look across any sort of device our users browse with. Max file size 5MB. We only accept JPG, PNG or GIF (not animated) images.

gMr1KCa.png

In response to post #56833066.

Epitaph78 wrote:

Well the new Design may look cool, hip or whatever the kids call it today..

but at the point of usability and information on screen it just suck bad times...

The design may work on mobile devices.. but not realy on a desktop PC...

Like so many homepages these days .. big bling bling on screen and no information :(

Got a question for you kid ... in what way is not usable for you and why is not working on your PC ? Because I come into this new design, I find the mod that I want, download /install it and be done with it and since the new site was out, I've never had any problem with my two PC's ( Apple and Windows - both 27 inches ). If I want some information about a mod, I just click on it and read all the info, so, what information are you missing and why ( if you can elaborate with common sense ) the design is not working in your PC ?