Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55701616. #55704816 is also a reply to the same post.

HellRaz wrote:

In response to post #55701166.

HellRaz wrote:

I have a feedback to add as I track all my download time to time with the new design the download history tap in the "user area" is really bad (design and logic behind it), having all game not separated is really confusing.

Can this issue be resolved and re-separate the download history of the various games.

Can you explain what you mean? It works the same as the old site in this regard. If you visit your download history on nexusmods.com you get your entire download history. If you visit your download history on (e.g.) Skyrim Nexus, you get all the Skyrim mods you downloaded (and just Skyrim).

Ok i found the issue.

Normally from the old site I go on account dropdown menu and go to my "user area" on the new design by the same logic, this is the first day I'm using the new layout, I go press the gear icon of my account and then go to the "download history" tab. After looking a couple of times I found out that the game specific download history is been moved here https://i.imgur.com/ylpN3pT.jpg I personally find this counter intuitive.

So i change my feedback can a filter option be added or a warning that the game specific download history is been moved? Ty :tongue:

Dark0ne wrote: That link is also on the old website in the "Mods" drop-down, same as where it is now.

I see what you mean about if you access it from the user area, however. It's because the user area is not specific to a game now, but rather is universal so it doesn't know what site you were originally browsing. Might just require that you use the other download history link that you've found in the mods drop-down that you've already found from now on.

It makes no sense to me that you can't get to the game-specific download history from the overall download history, and vice-versa. If I am looking at my Skyrim download history, it should only be a drop-down and click to get to my Skyrim SE download history. As it is, it takes several clicks (assuming I have the game in my favorites), and is counter-intuitive, having to go through the main page for that game. Now that I know where it is, I can find it, yes, but it is inconvenient and not intuitive. Still, I am sure that adding a drop-down to navigate between games for download history is way down the list of things to add/smooth out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55701616. #55704816, #55706386 are all replies on the same post.

HellRaz wrote:

HellRaz wrote:

I have a feedback to add as I track all my download time to time with the new design the download history tap in the "user area" is really bad (design and logic behind it), having all game not separated is really confusing.

Can this issue be resolved and re-separate the download history of the various games.

Can you explain what you mean? It works the same as the old site in this regard. If you visit your download history on nexusmods.com you get your entire download history. If you visit your download history on (e.g.) Skyrim Nexus, you get all the Skyrim mods you downloaded (and just Skyrim).

Ok i found the issue.

Normally from the old site I go on account dropdown menu and go to my "user area" on the new design by the same logic, this is the first day I'm using the new layout, I go press the gear icon of my account and then go to the "download history" tab. After looking a couple of times I found out that the game specific download history is been moved here https://i.imgur.com/ylpN3pT.jpg I personally find this counter intuitive.

So i change my feedback can a filter option be added or a warning that the game specific download history is been moved? Ty :tongue:

Dark0ne wrote: That link is also on the old website in the "Mods" drop-down, same as where it is now.

I see what you mean about if you access it from the user area, however. It's because the user area is not specific to a game now, but rather is universal so it doesn't know what site you were originally browsing. Might just require that you use the other download history link that you've found in the mods drop-down that you've already found from now on.
Eolhin wrote: It makes no sense to me that you can't get to the game-specific download history from the overall download history, and vice-versa. If I am looking at my Skyrim download history, it should only be a drop-down and click to get to my Skyrim SE download history. As it is, it takes several clicks (assuming I have the game in my favorites), and is counter-intuitive, having to go through the main page for that game. Now that I know where it is, I can find it, yes, but it is inconvenient and not intuitive. Still, I am sure that adding a drop-down to navigate between games for download history is way down the list of things to add/smooth out.

It makes no sense to me that you can't get to the game-specific download history from the overall download history, and vice-versa. If I am looking at my Skyrim download history, it should only be a drop-down and click to get to my Skyrim SE download history. As it is, it takes several clicks (assuming I have the game in my favorites), and is counter-intuitive, having to go through the main page for that game. Now that I know where it is, I can find it, yes, but it is inconvenient and not intuitive. Still, I am sure that adding a drop-down to navigate between games for download history is way down the list of things to add/smooth out.

Sure, but the old design didn't have that drop-down or system in place either. So let's keep that away from the "reasons I dislike the new design compared to the old design" list.

In response to post #55701616. #55704816, #55706386, #55706836 are all replies on the same post.

HellRaz wrote:

HellRaz wrote:

Ok i found the issue.

Eolhin wrote: It makes no sense to me that you can't get to the game-specific download history from the overall download history, and vice-versa. If I am looking at my Skyrim download history, it should only be a drop-down and click to get to my Skyrim SE download history. As it is, it takes several clicks (assuming I have the game in my favorites), and is counter-intuitive, having to go through the main page for that game. Now that I know where it is, I can find it, yes, but it is inconvenient and not intuitive. Still, I am sure that adding a drop-down to navigate between games for download history is way down the list of things to add/smooth out.
Dark0ne wrote:

Sure, but the old design didn't have that drop-down or system in place either. So let's keep that away from the "reasons I dislike the new design compared to the old design" list.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I was adding it to that list. I was just putting that in along the lines of 'if you are going to the store anyway, could you get...' As something that would smooth out the flow of use a little. Thus my ending with saying it would probably be way down the list. I am trying to focus on how to improve the new layout, as I know it has been stated that we are not getting the old one back.

I am trying to focus on how to improve the new layout, as I know it has been stated that we are not getting the old one back.

[emphasis added]

Can you say that again, a little louder?

*hands you a megaphone*

Seriously, I'm going to give you a kudos for that right now.

I dislike this new layout as a whole, but have slowly been growing tolerable of it. It sucks though that I cant just see the mod number count, as in the actual number instead of the rounded 2.5k so I have to go to each game I play with mods to check to see if there's anything new instead of just seeing that theres 3 new files without having to click. This might sound lazy but I really dislike having to take the time to click on each game to manually check.

@GlassDeviant; Placing spoilers within spoilers within spoilers within a single post works fine for me.

Like this:

Nesting them doesn't appear to cause any issues.

I have been...somewhat moderate (relative to how I felt when posting) in my hopefully constructive criticism of the new site up until now, because I didn't want to be one of the people being ignored due to foaming at the mouth ranting and cussing, I wanted to contribute to making the new design (somehow) better, but what has happened today has completely blown my mind into tiny pieces.

After attempting to fix a problem where a forum post with more than two sets of spoiler tags does not display correctly in either the new mods site OR the OLD mods site, I have come to the conclusion that the developers of the Nexus either have a severe deficiency in their knowledge of how to code HTML properly, or they use code generating tools that produce obscene, bloated code and never examine the code for machine-generated issues (or don't know how to) to find and fix the sort of mistakes auto-generated code is invariably full of. Because that's what looks like happened here, I've seen it before countless times.

I opened the problematic post for the first time on the mods site and what confronted me made me want to vomit just a little. A text block consisting of many short lines of ini file entries had DIV TAGS ON NEARLY EVERY LINE INCLUDING LINE SPACING! What the heck? There should be ONE set of div tags with br tags or, at MOST, p tags to separate lines! Div tags are for DIVISION of blocks of text, not LINE SPACING!

I can't even begin to figure out what is wrong with the handling of more than two sets of spoiler tags in a post when the code for handling the text within posts is so badly written. Actually that's not true, I could do it, I've dealt with this sort of auto-generated junk before. What I can't do is look at this mess for long enough to get the job done.

(Edited for less vehemence and vitriol)

And multiple independent spoilers work as well:

This is another example.

Same on the new mod sites design. Tested by posting multiple spoilers in the comments for one of my own mods. :cool:

So maybe the specific post you looked at was corrupted by something else? :huh:

Ok first, it was not nested spoilers, it was three distinct and discrete, i.e.: top level, sets of spoiler tags.

Second, it occurs only in the third pair of spoiler tags.

Third, it appears only on the mod pages, not in the forums which display all of the tags properly.

Your example post did not exhibit the bug because you did not do three top level spoiler tags, you did two top level and one nested spoiler.

This behaviour is displayed on no less than five different browsers across three computers and a tablet, so there is no way that "something else", at least involving your implication that it is on the client end, could corrupt it since that same thing would have to exist on five different browsers, on four different devices, running three different operating systems.

As noted here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/web-issues/issues/411

You should be able to see it here, where it is at this moment still the first unstickied post on the mod page:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8889?tab=posts