New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

... I can understand the will of changing the design, ...

I don't understand the will of changing the design...Please, enlighten me, explain it to me...where does this come from? Judging by all the negative responses it can't come from the majority of the users.

People need to change and evolve. If not for that need, we'd still live in a tree, eating whatever we can steal from sabertooths. I understand some folks don't like change, but trying to hold everyone back cause of it is a dreadful mindset.

Change isn't inherently positive or negative. Change is neutral. Loosing your job is a negative change in your life, winning the lottery will probably be considered as a positive one.

So is the word "evolving". When your cancer is evolving it isn't very positive...

You used to have better arguments and/or mockery.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~

You used to have better arguments and/or mockery.

I wasn't mocking him. I was offering what I think is a reason for changes. The implied point is that we're trying to change and evolve to better levels, both for ourselves and our surroundings. And I can't say giving random examples is suddenly an argument against change.

edit -- please also note I'm talking about voluntary change. Usually people do such only to achieve a positive result.

Edited by Ethreon

Change just for the sake of change is never good. Change must have a reason for the change to happen. Changing a wesite to something that is basically what amounts to a tile based site with NOTHING that is as coherent as the original is not good. If they wanted live feeds showing changes, that could've been done without changing the look. It's basically the same as swapping engines in a vehicle. Old V-6 isn't giving the power, but you love the vehicle? Just swap it for a V-8. All the wiring is still the same except the engine is a bit bigger while the vehicle just keeps the original look.

Right now, change is happening like Apple does iphone. Different everything except the OS is still the same. Some hardware may be missing as well. While Android changes for the better in EVERY way.

So, yeah, it seems like in the new Nexus design you have removed the bugs section of mod files. If you did then I have a question: Why the f*#@ would you do such a thing? That just idiotic. And if you didn't then please tell me where I can find the bugs tab because I can't seem to find it.

So, yeah, it seems like in the new Nexus design you have removed the bugs section of mod files. If you did then I have a question: Why the f*** would you do such a thing? That just idiotic. And if you didn't then please tell me where I can find the bugs tab because I can't seem to find it.

http://prntscr.com/hiylnl

It's quite visible.

So, yeah, it seems like in the new Nexus design you have removed the bugs section of mod files. If you did then I have a question: Why the f*** would you do such a thing? That just idiotic. And if you didn't then please tell me where I can find the bugs tab because I can't seem to find it.

It's quite visible.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/11j3bqf.jpg

:P

It's quite visible.

Worth keeping in mind not every mod page "has" a bug section. Authors must enable/can disable it. Did you look at a mod which has a bug section on the old layout and hasn't one on the new? Otherwise chances are good you just looked at a mod without one on both layouts.

I really don't like the look of the new Layout design, everything is gigantic, there is a giant pace at the top for a huge oversized banner, and as a graphic designer I find it less enjoyable than the previous layout. The categories are missing from the side, making it giant pop down menu, whilst using browse files among many other hideous changes such as the juxtaposition of giant fonts verses tiny ones and so on. Your designer(s) should be ashamed, it looks like something a starting student would throw together.

Edited by krymzonbladez