Managing the Load Order...

acdover

The Fallout 4 Mod, Scrap Everything, recommends being at the bottom of the load order. Otherwise, I'll occasionally run into the random bush or shrub that I can't clear out from a settlement. If I can't do something as essential as "Move to bottom of Load Order", then I have no use for Vortex at this time. Vortex looks great so far, but such a fundamental issue breaks it for me.

Addendum: It looks like I can at least use Wrye Bash to change the load order. Haven't tested it, but it changed the load order and reloading Vortex reflects the change. So...that's one option I guess.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fallout 4 Mod, Scrap Everything, recommends being at the bottom of the load order. Otherwise, I'll occasionally run into the random bush or shrub that I can't clear out from a settlement. If I can't do something as essential as "Move to bottom of Load Order", then I have no use for Vortex at this time. Vortex looks great so far, but such a fundamental issue breaks it for me.

Addendum: It looks like I can at least use Wrye Bash to change the load order. Haven't tested it, but it changed the load order and reloading Vortex reflects the change. So...that's one option I guess.

Who said that you cannot place Scrap Everything at the bottom of your load order ? Of course you can. Go to the Plugins tab and set up Scrap Everything to load after the last plugin in your list and that's it. Or, you can drag/drop it after the last plugin in your list and a window will pop up ( Manage Dependencies ) and Vortex will make you confirm that you want Scrap Everything to "load after" the last plugin you have in your list by clicking on the "add" button and that will do it as well. You do not need Wrye Bash.

In my Skyrim game, I have Flower Girls at the very bottom of my load order which is the right place for this mod; above it, I have My Home is your Home and above this one I have ZedUnlimited Enchanting. Those are my 3 mods on the bottom of my load order and they stay there not matter if I run LOOT or rerun Sorting Order in Vortex.

I did not have to use Wrye Bash at all. Hope this help. Happy gaming ... :cool:

Who said that you cannot place Scrap Everything at the bottom of your load order ? Of course you can. Go to the Plugins tab and set up Scrap Everything to load after the last plugin in your list and that's it. Or, you can drag/drop it after the last plugin in your list and a window will pop up ( Manage Dependencies ) and Vortex will make you confirm that you want Scrap Everything to "load after" the last plugin you have in your list by clicking on the "add" button and that will do it as well.

Actually, I think the "correct" way to move a mod to top or bottom is to use global priorities. Here's guidelines for setting: https://loot.github.io/docs/contributing/Global-Priorities.html

Dependency rules are when two mods have a direct relationship. Priority rules are when a mod belongs in a certain range of the load order. I think. Not quite sure about global vs local priorities?

EDIT: I see a similar question was answered in the other forum: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6427966-rule-for-always-at-bottom-of-load-order/ (Still unsure of local vs global??)

Edited by simsrw73

Just a stupid question tho, in Vortex, how do I setup a priority ?

Double click the plugin and a menu will appear on the right. It's in there.

Thanks, :tongue:

But now a new error (yay) what can i do if vortex "failed to parse a plugin" ? or "not a valid plugin"

Edited by Darkleon54

Thanks, :tongue:

But now a new error (yay) what can i do if vortex "failed to parse a plugin" ? or "not a valid plugin"

Sorry, I am actually not entirely sure as I have never come across that issue. o.o Hopefully, someone else around here knows what causes that.

It would be nice if both installed mod's and plugins' load orders were as simple to edit as dropping and dragging them up and down, just like in Mod Organiser. It is quicker and generally better. No idea why it is set up how it is now. I'm having the black face bug at the moment and finding the right mod to put the offending mod under using dependencies (texture, not a plugin issue) is a big pain due to how this is set up.

It would be nice if both installed mod's and plugins' load orders were as simple to edit as dropping and dragging them up and down, just like in Mod Organiser. It is quicker and generally better. No idea why it is set up how it is now. I'm having the black face bug at the moment and finding the right mod to put the offending mod under using dependencies (texture, not a plugin issue) is a big pain due to how this is set up.

I second that

EDIT: I see a similar question was answered in the other forum: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6427966-rule-for-always-at-bottom-of-load-order/ (Still unsure of local vs global??)

Local priority is used when global priories are equal. So you could set all your texture&models plugins to global priority 40, then use local priority to order the mods within that range.