How do I go back to NMM?

RockGodOne

Guest deleted34304850

i should add, another commonality in these forums is the poster who simply can't be arsed.

if that's you - good luck to you - move on and play your game. you need to have a modicum of motivation and interest to get started. if you're lacking that, move on.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to just mod/play, but now I have to do homework first to learn Vortex. Need to find out if I should just start over with mods or what. Too sleepy today to figure it out.

Then continue to use NMM if you can't be bothered, or are too tired to learn about it.

Nobody is begging you to use it.

Now, unless you have an actual question, instead of just complaining I'm going to move on and unfollow this thread.

How about you move on instead of being all high and mighty. you act like you created Vortex and anyone that doesn't bow down and worship you is a steaming pile of poo. I have been working every day, 10 hour days and needed sleep before trying to get involved in something that will take more time than I had. I now have time and will learn Vortex.

i should add, another commonality in these forums is the poster who simply can't be arsed.

if that's you - good luck to you - move on and play your game. you need to have a modicum of motivation and interest to get started. if you're lacking that, move on.

I have had the motivation, to start when I was done working for the year. Now that I have 2 weeks off, I am learning Vortex, adding mods and will probably start a new game. Been so long since I have played, I do not remember anything about the last game save. That's what working 6 or 7 days a week and/or 10 hour days does to you.

• 2 weeks later...

OK

I see you guys are finished trashing each other, can we try to answer the real question? Maybe you did for the original guy, but my issue isn't helped by this so far. I DID read the warnings about moving my mods from NMM to Vortex, and I suppose I failed to heed said warnings. Now I cannot reverse my choices after MANY hours of making the Vortex errors go away. My SSE will not start with SKSE64. It starts fine vanilla but of course the saves need all my mods running. I know I need to start fresh with a new game and a new Vortex, but I use Vortex for Oldrim and it works spectacularly.

I just want my old NMM back for SSE!

PLEASE help!

I have all the updates and am using all legal files. Maybe (most likely) I missed something.

OK

I see you guys are finished trashing each other, can we try to answer the real question?

Is this the answer to the real question?

attachicon.gif NMM Download.JPG

https://www.nexusmods.com/about/vortex/

No, like I was trying to get across, I borked the SSE install of Vortex. It's not usable. Can I just go back to using NMM for SSE? All the files are still in place in the NMM install. It just will not run.

No, like I was trying to get across, I borked the SSE install of Vortex. It's not usable. Can I just go back to using NMM for SSE? All the files are still in place in the NMM install. It just will not run.

My apologies. Perhaps you could find an answer on the NMM support forums.

GitHub forum: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/issues

Nexus Mods forum: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

I "hate" vortex and will never go back to it. Its basically "let make it easier by making everything more complicated!" Very insulting heh. NMM all the way.

The only reason you think NMM is 'easier' is because it doesn't inform you of any conflicts with BSA, textures, and meshes, it also doesn't sort your esps properly, but if you like not knowing how messed up your load order is I'm not going to stop you.

NMM is "easy to use" because it doesn't DO anything, because it allows people to create the worst and most damaging load order possible.

Enjoy