⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Video Games are for Children!

Fkemman11

Aw. All the people who say that games are for children have worked their way through all the hoops, ropes, ladders, and already stressed them self to the strain levels that they used to enough, (they think)... and then... realized what they like and started to cool down until they became comfortably fit in the role they are in today. Video games are for children is like them saying, "I don't like getting the jitters so I quit drinking caffeine drinks."

They don't want to do it anymore. It's just more stress and they'd rather just watch a movie about gamer's experiencing the good ol feelings of stress and reckless endeavors. The movie like the Matrix is a perfect example. Even after awhile the story lets Theo (the main character) sort of relax in the shape of the mold he likes.

I just remembered (light bulb over my head)... One day I feared I would fill the lounge chair and become shaped like it... like slip clay shapes to the inside of a mold to be kilned to make a lawn ornament. I haven't sat in that lounge chair since. :laugh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw. All the people who say that games are for children have worked their way through all the hoops, ropes, ladders, and already stressed them self to the strain levels that they used to enough, (they think)... and then... realized what they like and started to cool down until they became comfortably fit in the role they are in today. Video games are for children is like them saying, "I don't like getting the jitters so I quit drinking caffeine drinks."

They don't want to do it anymore. It's just more stress and they'd rather just watch a movie about gamer's experiencing the good ol feelings of stress and reckless endeavors. The movie like the Matrix is a perfect example. Even after awhile the story lets Theo (the main character) sort of relax in the shape of the mold he likes.

I just remembered (light bulb over my head)... One day I feared I would fill the lounge chair and become shaped like it... like slip clay shapes to the inside of a mold to be kilned to make a lawn ornament. I haven't sat in that lounge chair since. :laugh:

What? You didn't dream of a future as a lawn ornament?????? Say it ain't so. :D

A lawn ornament? :laugh:

Today while I as on a road trip along the distance lands near the edge of the wild forest I day dreamed that I was being used by a bunch of naked women as a May pole.

They skipped around my tall pole, dancing toward the pole, and dancing back into a bigger circle with little wood fires a few feet apart forming a circle.

It seemed like there were white streams shooting up and out of the top of my pole that sailed from the top down to the Earth. It looked like the women were grabbing at the streams waving their arms about as they danced toward the inside circle; where the women stopped and danced to the outer circle, moved clockwise at the same time and jumped over a fire. Then the women moved back to leap over the fire nearest them again.

They did that in the circle moving in, back out, and back in, back out, and then stopped. Then they began moving clockwise and each of them leaped over a little wood fire one direction and then back the other direction... Then started over moving in and then out and repeating the moves again and again until dusk.

I suddenly felt my car drift a little too far off the road and decided I had better pull over and take a Power Nap. :ohmy:

Watching all those lovely bodies dancing in the sunlight until their perspiring bodies began shimmering in the moonlight must have distracted me. :happy:

Of course video games are for children. 59 years old here and if there is one thing I've learned in life it's how important it is to feed my inner child. That child has been with me a long time... and it's still the best part of me.

cough... cough... I'm not even going to mention how it's all part of my master plan

c8a9b7a5162e10086c187e299b272833.jpg

IMO the football games are like watching the Giant Marshmellow man from the movie Ghost Busters multiplied enough so there is a team of them to form a team for playing U. S. A. football.

Injuries and accidents that I saw during my youth are few and far between in U. S. A. football. A minor injury only keeps a player out for a short time, when back in the 1940's, 1950's, 60's they were done if they got a minor injury and never played Professionally again.

Guess who the audience was mainly made up of? The weak, people without the necessary body parts, people who needed glasses or hearing aids, who were injured with a unrecoverable physical problem, and disabled from years of play wearing them out who used to play the outdoor life games. Yeah! People that say video games are for children are probably having problems doing anything more complicated then watch their children grow up and try to keep their children from failing at the game of life.

Track and field, baseball, handball, martial arts, and all the Hard full body contact games for Gamers!

Since all the U. S. A. Football teams will probably be owned by women by the time you get a team started; one will probably be owned by Granny from "The Beverly Hillbillies". You should start practicing saying Darn instead of Damn so Granny might get her mind off the game long enough to give your team a chance to win. :geek:

Probably would be smart to say Darn instead because she might think to pay to have her blockheads cut stones and build a Dam and not even know why. :ohmy:

Jethro and Ellie May will probably just have some of the mountain family and friends daughters playing on a team with Elly May coaching them. They probably would roast your marshmallow team while Jed sells Granny's famous fresh roadkill stew of the day to the crowd. :sick:

• 1 month later...
OP nailed when he said games are entertainment. TV is for idiots. HBO,Showtime,Starz, they all play crap movies. GOT is good, I enjoyed a little bit of Ash vs Evil dead but after that its crap. News oultets are crap. CSPAN is a good watch when Oversight Committee is an action. At least with gaming your stimulating your brain. Add mods to the mix and you can tailor your own game, thats entertainment right there.