Deploying mods ?

sopmac45

That's part of how Vortex detects changes. When you edit a file, the link is changed to the actual file. Vortex will detect this change and ask you what to do, Undo or Apply. After you hit Confirm and Vortex deals with the changes, it then replaces the actual file with the link again.

I'm having a serious problem after updating to the latest version of Vortex. Doesn't matter what game I select to manage, it won't install or deploy any mods. Vortex just throws up the following error:

Error: failed to run deployment helper
at elevated.default.then.then (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\symlink_activator_elevate\index.js:152:28)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:693:18)
at Async._drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:143:10)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:17:14)
at <anonymous>

EDIT: Oh, scratch it, I didn't read your post properly.

That's part of how Vortex detects changes. When you edit a file, the link is changed to the actual file. Vortex will detect this change and ask you what to do, Undo or Apply. After you hit Confirm and Vortex deals with the changes, it then replaces the actual file with the link again.

• 1 year later...

I tried to delploy my 2 B&S mods (Halt and Dubstep gun) And whenever I attempted to deploy them it said that multiple files were unable to deploy because it saidthey were being opened in other places preventing it from working properly.

Start this as a new forum topic. Provide more detail using the guidelines found here: How to Request Vortex Support.

• 1 year later...
Guest deleted34304850

I have mods in Data for Skyrim SE but Skyrim SE claims it cannot find the ESP files, any ideas why this would be?

mate, this is three years old.

open a new thread, and follow this if you really want someone to help you https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

necro'ing 3 year old threads that have nothing to do with your issue just gets you ignored. don't be thatguy...............ahem