Shezarrine: The Fate of Tamriel (Spoiler thread)

anbeegod

Hello!

I have a very annoying and pretty huge bug that I don't know how to fix. After the "Eye for an Eye" quest I decided to not kill Ingvi. And of course Onmund tells me how to he thinks I did the right choice and whatnot. The problem is, whenever I close my skyrim and open it again, he says the same thing. Which is very annoying because my relationship starts going up with Onmund without me wanting too.

I do hope there is a fix for this that you can help me with.

Cheers.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I have a very annoying and pretty huge bug that I don't know how to fix. After the "Eye for an Eye" quest I decided to not kill Ingvi. And of course Onmund tells me how to he thinks I did the right choice and whatnot. The problem is, whenever I close my skyrim and open it again, he says the same thing. Which is very annoying because my relationship starts going up with Onmund without me wanting too.

Cheers.

Use the newest version.

Hello!

Cheers.

Use the newest version.

Thank you for being responsive! One more thing, do i just delete the mod from my mod manager and then reinstall the new version? Really don't want to start over again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello!

Cheers.

Use the newest version.

Thank you for being responsive! One more thing, do i just delete the mod from my mod manager and then reinstall the new version? Really don't want to start over again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, but you MUST NOT enter the game without Shezarrine.esp. Uninstall the old version then install the new version in one go.

After playing now for a while with Onmund I want to tell you my thoughts about him. I could finish the quest an eye for an eye without new problems and then I started the mainquest because I've read that the second quest starts after Onmund is closer to the player.

I played with 50 other mods installed (no AFT or such), of course all of my own followers were with me like always - can't miss them :)

In Bleak Falls Barrow I lost Onmund. He has suddenly vanished and I headed the whole dungeon back to search for him. I found him dead on the floor besides some dead Draugr. He is not essential? I resurrect him and he won't follow me anymore after that. Alright, back to a previous save, no problem. I lost him three times, mostly if I teleported elsewhere because I don't wanted to run all the ways again after loading a previous save - it takes too much time. I really miss a spell that calls him back to me, when he gets lost.

I also miss a good fast horse for Onmund because it's pretty annoying to let him run after me while riding. I don't use horsemods, my followermod brings a playerhorse with intelligent behaviour and my followers have their own horses.

I've done several quests now and also sidequests and all dialogue options for Onmund are always the same, so I can't advance the relationship between him and the player. I don't know if it will come later on, perhaps I've done the wrong quests, don't know. But for now I'm not able to start the second quest :(

Onmunds behaviour while following could be improved. I personally don't like if a follower just stands close to me in an environment like a tavern or playerhome. He sits down if player sits, but when I'm in a playerhome I mostly do some stuff like look into a wardrobe or cook a meal or put weapons into a rack. In a tavern I speak to other actors. Onmund just follows or stands around and this makes him a little bit like a marionette. His behaviour could be more lively with simply a sandboxpackage. I use many for different locations and my followers always do what they like. You could create a package that only fires if the player has no weapon or spell equipped, controled by a global variable. Then player can control the sandboxing effectively, he just needs to equip a spell or weapon if Onmund should stop sandboxing. That' pretty nice if you don't want to have tons of conditions in the sandboxpackage.

Ingvy's voic actor is really, really nice, but unfortunately the soundfiles are not. Nearly each line is distorted, I guess because of too much compression. This happens if you unpack fuz files for i.e. creating missing lipfiles and then fuz the files again. I always play with good headphones and no music on. In my own mod I always work with the original wav files and if a lipfile is missing, I only use these and not the already fuzed ones. Onmunds sound is okay, perhaps a little too much bass in it, but that's personal taste. His voice acting is very well done and he's believable.

I saw you uploaded an update again - will try it next days. Keep up the good work. Greetings from Tasheni

After playing now for a while with Onmund I want to tell you my thoughts about him. I could finish the quest an eye for an eye without new problems and then I started the mainquest because I've read that the second quest starts after Onmund is closer to the player.

I played with 50 other mods installed (no AFT or such), of course all of my own followers were with me like always - can't miss them :smile:

In Bleak Falls Barrow I lost Onmund. He has suddenly vanished and I headed the whole dungeon back to search for him. I found him dead on the floor besides some dead Draugr. He is not essential? I resurrect him and he won't follow me anymore after that. Alright, back to a previous save, no problem. I lost him three times, mostly if I teleported elsewhere because I don't wanted to run all the ways again after loading a previous save - it takes too much time. I really miss a spell that calls him back to me, when he gets lost.

I also miss a good fast horse for Onmund because it's pretty annoying to let him run after me while riding. I don't use horsemods, my followermod brings a playerhorse with intelligent behaviour and my followers have their own horses.

I've done several quests now and also sidequests and all dialogue options for Onmund are always the same, so I can't advance the relationship between him and the player. I don't know if it will come later on, perhaps I've done the wrong quests, don't know. But for now I'm not able to start the second quest :sad:

Onmunds behaviour while following could be improved. I personally don't like if a follower just stands close to me in an environment like a tavern or playerhome. He sits down if player sits, but when I'm in a playerhome I mostly do some stuff like look into a wardrobe or cook a meal or put weapons into a rack. In a tavern I speak to other actors. Onmund just follows or stands around and this makes him a little bit like a marionette. His behaviour could be more lively with simply a sandboxpackage. I use many for different locations and my followers always do what they like. You could create a package that only fires if the player has no weapon or spell equipped, controled by a global variable. Then player can control the sandboxing effectively, he just needs to equip a spell or weapon if Onmund should stop sandboxing. That' pretty nice if you don't want to have tons of conditions in the sandboxpackage.

Ingvy's voic actor is really, really nice, but unfortunately the soundfiles are not. Nearly each line is distorted, I guess because of too much compression. This happens if you unpack fuz files for i.e. creating missing lipfiles and then fuz the files again. I always play with good headphones and no music on. In my own mod I always work with the original wav files and if a lipfile is missing, I only use these and not the already fuzed ones. Onmunds sound is okay, perhaps a little too much bass in it, but that's personal taste. His voice acting is very well done and he's believable.

I saw you uploaded an update again - will try it next days. Keep up the good work. Greetings from Tasheni

Here are some mods I recommend:

EFF (Extensible Follower Framework): With this mod, you'll be able to tell to your followers to relax (sandbox around the area) you can also teach them new spells, give them nicknames and a bunch of other things. Most importantly tho, you will get a spell called "Leader teleportation" which will allow you to summon your followers back to you. Note that there are some areas that Onmund or others are not suppose to be with you, like skuldafn or apocrypha. Also, you can't use this mod along with AFT or UFO, since they conflict with eachother. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/

The Manipulator: Will allow you to use certain cheats on yourself without the need of console commands. It also allows you to edit some character settings, like if they're essential or not, their level of relationship with you (tho i don't recommend using this with Onmund) etc. If you have racemenu installed, you can also change a NPC's bodyshape (not the face sadly). Note that since it's a mod from lover's lab, it can be used for other purposes, like selecting multiple npc to make your own harem (will break quests, read the mod description). https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2811-the-manipulator/

I also have a similar problem in which I feel like my relationship with Onmund doesn't progress at all. I did the main story, dawnguard and dragonborn with him and yet he didn't confess his attractiveness to me yet or even gave the quest after an eye for eye. Is it normal that it takes so much time? I didn't kill Ingvi (but note that it didn't give me the option too) and I never angered him once, I believe.

This might be a dumb question but can I take Onmund and Serana with me to Castle Volkihar? Or will I need to download a mod that lets you have more than one follower? I dismissed him when the prompt to meet Serana at the dock was given but I was gonna go to a load before that and see if I can bring him with me.

This might be a dumb question but can I take Onmund and Serana with me to Castle Volkihar? Or will I need to download a mod that lets you have more than one follower? I dismissed him when the prompt to meet Serana at the dock was given but I was gonna go to a load before that and see if I can bring him with me.

I believe that Onmund, even tho modified by this mod, is still treated as a normal follower. Thus the only way to have multiple followers at once is through mods. Get yourself UFO, AFT or EFF(my personal choice) but not the three of them at the same time.

You could still test it out without the mod, 'cause Serana is kind-of a special follower, so I'm not sure if the game treats her the same way...

Hi,

First I wanna say this mod is amazing and it has definitely made Skyrim a lot more exciting! I just have a few quick questions. Is there a walk through of this mod, how do you start the quest An Eye for an Eye, and what is the quest id for the first quest in this mod?

Edited by CommanderNox107