Shezarrine: The Fate of Tamriel (Spoiler thread)

anbeegod

Hello! Before I go into my problems I would like to say that this is one of the better mods I've seen/played in a while, so thank you for that!

Anyways getting into my little problem about the "Eye for an Eye" questline:

I'll be splitting this into two parts, just in case either aren't connected.

The First Part:
After coming back to the destroyed village after searching the two caves, the quest updates as normal to the goal of "Find Ingvi", but shows no quest marker. At first I thought this might've been a bug and tried restarting the quest from a previous save, but I still encountered the same problem. I figured that I should try to continue the quest and went down to the Dark Cave and entered the portal to the Magickal Realm (Where I wondered around confused until I found the door to the Tower). This is where Part 2 comes in.

The Second Part:

After finding the door I entered and managed to get to the top of the tower, there the cut scene between Ingvi and Onmund played out (About her and absorbing the eye, becoming a "goddess"), after which Onmund asks me to talk to Ingvi. I go to talk to her but her dialogue is unchanged from before (She still had the same dialogue from the first time I got to talk to her, around the lake before we went to search the two caves). I tried fixing this problem by using the disable/spawn in commands suggested by TheGarg on the Nexus Mod Page to little or no avail. I would really like to finish the quest off without using console commands, since no one else here seems to have the same problem I figured I would make a post. Hopefully someone here will be able to give me advice on the subject.

Another thing, the quest didn't update from "Search for Ingvi" when I reached the top of the tower or when the cut scene between Ingvi and Onmund ended, allowing me to talk to her (Assuming it was supposed to update).

I currently have the latest edition of the mod along with the following patches:

Males of Skyrim Patch

College of Winterhold Patch

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! Before I go into my problems I would like to say that this is one of the better mods I've seen/played in a while, so thank you for that!

Anyways getting into my little problem about the "Eye for an Eye" questline:

I'll be splitting this into two parts, just in case either aren't connected.

The First Part:

After coming back to the destroyed village after searching the two caves, the quest updates as normal to the goal of "Find Ingvi", but shows no quest marker. At first I thought this might've been a bug and tried restarting the quest from a previous save, but I still encountered the same problem. I figured that I should try to continue the quest and went down to the Dark Cave and entered the portal to the Magickal Realm (Where I wondered around confused until I found the door to the Tower). This is where Part 2 comes in.

The Second Part:

After finding the door I entered and managed to get to the top of the tower, there the cut scene between Ingvi and Onmund played out (About her and absorbing the eye, becoming a "goddess"), after which Onmund asks me to talk to Ingvi. I go to talk to her but her dialogue is unchanged from before (She still had the same dialogue from the first time I got to talk to her, around the lake before we went to search the two caves). I tried fixing this problem by using the disable/spawn in commands suggested by TheGarg on the Nexus Mod Page to little or no avail. I would really like to finish the quest off without using console commands, since no one else here seems to have the same problem I figured I would make a post. Hopefully someone here will be able to give me advice on the subject.

Another thing, the quest didn't update from "Search for Ingvi" when I reached the top of the tower or when the cut scene between Ingvi and Onmund ended, allowing me to talk to her (Assuming it was supposed to update).

I currently have the latest edition of the mod along with the following patches:

Males of Skyrim Patch

College of Winterhold Patch

The quest objective isn't a bug, you can continue and complete the quest without completing that objective. The only thing that matters is that you finish the final choice regarding Ingvi's fate. I also chose not to put a quest marker on the Dark Cave because I want the player to figure it out themselves.

Ingvi has both her original dialogue choices and the new choices. Try scrolling down.

Edited by anbeegod

Thanks for responding so soon!

I did manage to finish the quest, the choice to let Ingvi live popped up after I told her "You look familiar". I thought I had went through all the dialogue choices before I posted, I might've missed something but who knows.

Also regarding the quest marker, the thought of there not being a quest marker being a design choice crossed my mind, but I wanted to double check just in-case it was a bug or not.

Anyways, I can't wait for any future releases, I really did enjoy this mod.

I've posted quite a bit on here, I am not sure what I did lol. But Ingvi... Is she supposed to look like that? https://giphy.com/gifs/9Jgp5Ikxg3Ltp2nEYi

She looks fine on my end.

Oh so she's supposed to be like that?

No, she should look like Caesia in the Caesia mod, and she does in my game.

I've posted quite a bit on here, I am not sure what I did lol. But Ingvi... Is she supposed to look like that? https://giphy.com/gifs/9Jgp5Ikxg3Ltp2nEYi

She looks fine on my end.

Oh so she's supposed to be like that?

No, she should look like Caesia in the Caesia mod, and she does in my game.

Ah, ok. Thanks, you've been a great help for me.

Im a bit confused right now, im in the crystalish realm right after the eye of magnus stuff and Ive just talked to onmund about the dominion and stuff, but then i teleported to a new stair of crystals and cant move or anything, is this supposed to be like that? Just wondering. Really like the mod anyway :smile:

Okey, tried again, got teleported and met ingvi and could move again, but after the conversations nothing happens, we just stand there...

Edit: nevermind, loaded saves a couple of times and eventually got through the stuff without console and after reading spoilers here ;)

Edited by Benbone

Im a bit confused right now, im in the crystalish realm right after the eye of magnus stuff and Ive just talked to onmund about the dominion and stuff, but then i teleported to a new stair of crystals and cant move or anything, is this supposed to be like that? Just wondering. Really like the mod anyway :smile:

Is Onmund talking to Lo'deri or Ingvi? If so, you can wait until their conversation is finished.

Edited by anbeegod

Applause!!!! Yay, this is the type of discussion I was hoping would happen in this thread and thank you so much for the very in-depth answers from the both you ibraw and you Anbee.Anbee I fully respect this approach to a character well done and figured that maybe the intent. For me, this mod is challenging the moral of both myself and my character as you can see.As well as the choices in answers and actions provided which I'm aware is hard to cover.I find myself trying to reason with Onmund or feeling the need to provide a third option that can be a compromise to the options he sees or neutralize the hate he has. For my character right now, my bond with him is strong and I don't want to damage it. However at the same time wish to stand firm in my beliefs while meeting his, my character wants to save him from his hate. And help him see things from the ones he demonizes. I understand all well why Onmund has the feelings he does as would many, the problem is once you commit such an act of revenge, it tends to loop infinitely.

I wouldn't compare magic in this game universe to technology or even how we handle it. Not to mention we do have a restriction on technology that does indeed work. Restriction on most weapons work, and well there's a reason people aren't dying from nukes and biothreats every day. Restrictions regulations do work, and while other forms of violence can take its place in other areas, but overall an attempt to stop the violence does work. Whereas in Tamriel where everyone and their grandmother has a weapon and or knows a spell. The justice isn't as well distributed in that universe, in fact, it very much a wild wild west in Tamriel. If the bandit attacks aren't an indication alone. I mean threw out the game your attack by everything and you witness every hold attack by everything, and well the attacks that do the most damage are vampire attacks, dragons, and if you lure a rogue mage near a hold. Lets not even talk about the damage the Dragonborn he/she can do on their own accord >.<.

Personally, I like the concept of magic and technology used together and mages embraced and using magic to better the world. I agree with Onmund's dream here in that sense however without any rules or consequences when people do wrong and people are killed because it's definitely a when not if. This just sounds like an ultimatum for those who already lost so much, and yeah I just wish I can say that to him or show threw actions where I stand without it seeming like one side or another. Because that does bother me that we have to fall on one side or the other, and not be an entirely new concept or something that's in the middle of both ideals. However, that may also be the point, that no matter what you do Onmund may only see it one or two ways.

Either way, I'm finding the mod to be morally challenging since my route is trying to keep Onmund at my side while also seeing more and more our views collide and I like that. For me I RP my character creating a universal peace for all of Tamriel eventually when becoming high king or ascending. Basically doing a tiber septom, but uniting everyone. Finding a peace among the different views or a compromise that's close enough and makes most of the people happy. So I find this mod to be a very realistic challenge to a Dragonborn that wishes to do this and I thank you for that.

I would very much like to second the last paragraph. I may not be that far along with his quests & dialogues, but it's pretty much apparent that while Onmund has the intention and the drive to make his world "perfect", the notion itself shows how naive he is. Of course he's willing to see that he himself is flawed, but after suffering vehement abuse from one group, then finding acceptance from that group's antithesis, his willingness to help made him easy to manipulate and be biased based on his experienced. One cannot help but base their worldview on the principles he received firsthand. He is not a conscious propaganda-spewing agent - he honestly believes that everyone from his branch of Thalmor, or at least their leader (a surrogate mother figure) would do and feel about his goals as he does (that's why they are in the same group, right?), even if he and they have to dirty their hands. He seems to recognize problems well enough in other factions, but it's easy to see issues everywhere, except within. :smile:

I'd find it really intriguing if later chapters show some kind of character development for him regarding this. He's spending time with the Dragonborn (who may be a treasured friend or lover), away from the Thalmor. Will it make him to look at his views from a different perspective? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I love roleplaying, and this mod gives me an opportunity to do just that. Especially with him, because I'm quite strict when it comes to my characters' personality, morals and integrity. If anything in this resembles a realistic take of how relationships work, a few spats and differences in opinion shouldn't have an irreparable influence, so I'm noe afraid to make my cgaracter give him a piece of his mind, whether he likes it or not. Kinda similar to the Dragon Age series Anbee menrioned: I used to play those in the same vein, telling companions if I thought they were wrong, or if my character's views differed. I was not adored by everyone, but lip-servicing them and choosing all the "right answers" is an easy trap to fall into, which I would avoid. I really do hope that I can complete this mod like this (even if I can't, I will, because I'm not compromising my character :tongue:), and it will bring a little drama or tension to this whole relationship. A few new dialogue options for a more rounded debate with him would be awesome, but I can understand that the plot in itself has to stand first, and the characters have a sort of a duty to move it forward to its desired course, needing some sacrifice. Headcanon always helps with the rough edges, but I hope we will not be too pigeon-holed later in the story (after the prologue).

I'm not wishing to criticize, quite the opposite: I think most here can agree with me that we get so few opportunities to enjoy roleplaying with an in-depth, detailed and lifelike (especially compered to vanilla) companion & story that we desperately wish to squeeze the last drop of enjoyment out of it. Apart from a few moments where my character was a little forced into some of the answers, I love this mod, and find analising & testing it very fun. Thanks for listening to our ramblings. :D

Edited by Novatha