Shezarrine: The Fate of Tamriel (Spoiler thread)

anbeegod

Thank you, will I have to find Onmund first or find Caesia like back then in Morthal?

You will know when it happens, enjoy the College of Winterhold questline ))

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! First of all, congratulations on the mod's release, you are basically the first person to convince me to start a new game for whatever reason (even though it's not needed anymore :') ).

I'm enjoying the mod, but I've encountered a problem during the Jerall Village section of the story: after the "reunion" between Onmund, Ingvi and their parents, my quest log updates (listen to Ingvi's plan), and they walk to the mill, talking about their mission. At the mill, Ingvi mentions we should split up, and I get the update (search the southern caverns). Fine and dandy, but this is where the problem starts. Onmund is not in my service at this point ( he left at the end of the CoW questline and I didn't tell him to follow me during the meeting place section, as I feared it might mess up the conversations taking place there; it also causes him to be naked for whatever reason).

If I talk to him, I can tell him to follow me, he equips himself, but the options to talk about him or his topics do not come up, and I can't ask him to use that dimensional storage spell of his. The only options I have are gift giving and the default ones (wait, do something for me, let's part ways, etc.). He follows me to the two caverns, but he makes no comments (no humming, no battle cries,etc.). Even if I clear out both caverns, the quest does not update either (btw, he gets stuck exiting the troll cave and doesn't follow me outside, but that's minor). If I leave him alone after the mill conversation (that's what I originally did, I thought it would continue as a "walk with' segment) after some waiting he heads for his parent's house and enters, but if I go in after him, he's not in the house. I saw someone posting something similar on the mod's DL site, but that person was using UFO. I'm not using any follower frameworks or overhauls (only MHIYH, but never used its features on Onmund). This mod is at the bottom of my load order, only followed by CrimsonFairy's Onmund & and the patch for it. I really want to experience the full quest, so I don't want to skip anything with a console command. I hope whatever causes this can be solved. Thanks in advance for your help and for this mod! :smile:

All dialogues except dimensional storage will be restored after you complete the quest, unless you do something that makes him hate you. The dimensional storage dialogue is lost due to a careless design mistake and will be fixed in the next patch; all items previously stored at the dimensional storage will stay where they are, so don't worry!

After you clear both caves, the quest should update. Be sure all monsters in both caves are killed, except the Slaughter Fishes.

Onmund entering a house is a bug and should have been fixed in the last patch, if not then it will be in the upcoming patch.

First of all, thank you for the fast reply!

Secondly...wow. Just wow. Even if my life was hanging on it, I wouldn't have tried to spare the annoying ankle-gnawing b*stards (not helping that whenever I took Onmund with me, he entered the "pierce all slaughterfish with an ice spike" mindset). o_o

But hey, I did like you said, left Onmund outside and was careful not to hurt the fish...and it updated like a charm, thanks!

Somewhat unfortunately, I had to complete "an Eye for an Eye" with the console command you kindly gave us; my special breed of bug was that the end choice was taken from me: the only choice that worked & was available was to try and kill Ingvi, no matter what I've tried (which, at this point at least, I did not want to do). Emphasis on the "try" part - she masterfully combined arcane wrath with my sorry posterior.

Still, I can continue travelling with Onmund, concentrating on the whole new heap of content available. Thank you again for the help and best of luck continuing the project!

Secondly...wow. Just wow. Even if my life was hanging on it, I wouldn't have tried to spare the annoying ankle-gnawing b*stards (not helping that whenever I took Onmund with me, he entered the "pierce all slaughterfish with an ice spike" mindset). o_O

But hey, I did like you said, left Onmund outside and was careful not to hurt the fish...and it updated like a charm, thanks!

Somewhat unfortunately, I had to complete "an Eye for an Eye" with the console command you kindly gave us; my special breed of bug was that the end choice was taken from me: the only choice that worked & was available was to try and kill Ingvi, no matter what I've tried (which, at this point at least, I did not want to do). Emphasis on the "try" part - she masterfully combined arcane wrath with my sorry posterior.

Still, I can continue travelling with Onmund, concentrating on the whole new heap of content available. Thank you again for the help and best of luck continuing the project!

You can kill the Slaughter Fishes, it doesn't matter if you kill them or not because they're not linked to the quest.

You can talk to Ingvi on a random topic (for instance, talk to her about destroying the village), then the option "I have nothing else to talk to you, do what you must." option will show up.

Secondly...wow. Just wow. Even if my life was hanging on it, I wouldn't have tried to spare the annoying ankle-gnawing b*stards (not helping that whenever I took Onmund with me, he entered the "pierce all slaughterfish with an ice spike" mindset). o_O

You can kill the Slaughter Fishes, it doesn't matter if you kill them or not because they're not linked to the quest.

You can talk to Ingvi on a random topic (for instance, talk to her about destroying the village), then the option "I have nothing else to talk to you, do what you must." option will show up.

Hmmm... strange. I used multiple savegames around the Jerall Village section to test things and try again if I need to. I had one before entering the Magicka Realm, one before entering to the "room" where Ingvi is, and one just after Onmund told me to talk to her if I want to. I loaded each of them a few times, no dice at all. After around the...seventh/eight try, the new topics finally came up. Didn't change anything between the tries. However, I realized that I have to be painfully aware where I'm standing with my character for everything to work properly. Still, it was finally a success. :D

On the other hand, the only time the caves quest ever proceeded was when I carefully spared every slaughterfish, at least until everything else besides them was dead in both caves. Which is of course might be caused by a million things based on my personal setup, but is hilarious.

I really should stop cluttering this topic, everything's fine now, but still, I thought these might help out people with similar problems. Thanks again for the quick and to the point answers.

Idk if I did something wrong, I started a new game and the first thing I did was travel to Winterhold. Onmund hasn't said a word and I'm like more than halfway done with the questline. He did say something at the beginning when you put up a ward for that old guy in the college at the very beginning of the questline. Other than that he doesn't talk to me when I approach, am I a loser and Onmund doesnt like me?

Ok , i properly uninstalled UFO then re tried your mod . IT IS WORST NOW .

I'll uninstall , can't believe I'm the only one encountering those issues , mod is buggy as f*** , now I can't access the Jerral Village part , looks like kind of a very bad joke . Every update , every fix , everything I try to makes this work just makes things worst .

Dude , please , don't release such a buggy mod , i've done more than 10 meaningless hours or gameplay for this (remember , we have to start over to play the mod and finally finds out it doesn't work, what a joke !) only for your mod and it doesn't work , comme on .

We have to start a new game and play like 7 hours before we even know if the mod works properly . Can't believe it .

This mod is full of great ideas but terrible encoding , scripts , or whatever you want to call make it unplayable .

Is there only one peron who was able to do the quest "An eye for an eye" without bugs ? I doubt it , but if yes , which mods have you installed ?

PS : What the f*** is wrong with the ghost dog ? Onmund himself doesn't sees him , nobody does , except when they all go crazy and try to kill it . Zero references are made , it's some useless and buggy contents again , like the mod hasn't enough of this ... If you put a ghost dog just for a ghost dog , then do a f***ing "ghost dog" mod instead of f***ing over a bigger mod , thanks .

Thanks for trying , but I can't endure this anymore . Your mod wasted enough of my time , I will end breaking my computer with a baseball bat if I encounter 1 useless update , or a reply that doesn't change a single thing .

To anyone who can read this : Do not install this mod , wait several months/years for fixes , you'll just waste your time there . Restarting a game for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but a buggy mod is absolute madness .

Save 7 hour of your life , jute continue your playthrough and don't start over for a mod , ever .

This is after all a public beta, so it's not impossible to have bugs. Apologies for any inconvenience.

To be frank, I did the quest 5 times after the most recent fix, did different options (Ingvi lives or dies) and encountered no bug, from the beginning to the end. Also, the dog should no longer be there if you installed the newest fix and as you said, started over again. In all honesty, I doubt it's my mod that is causing "every single one" of your problems.

Yes I'm really sorry I'm aware you put an inccredible ammount of work in the mod and it sounded promising , that's where the frustration came from , that and the wasted hours of gameplay. I retried from before the fight against Ancano and was able to do "An eye for an eye" without a single bug , to do my own choices and not being stuck at the top of the magicka tower after the ending . So I wanted to apologize to you , and thank you for the mod .

I shall have a last question , If I chose to kill Ingvi , will Onmund forgive me someday or did I lost his friendship in the process ? (That would be understandable)

Sorry again and thanks for answering to anyone who encounters bugs .

PS : I've spotted kind of a Witcher reference , Onmund was speaking about dandelions and how much he dislikes them , then adds :"Imagine if they could sing ?" , that was priceless , nice one .

Edited by ibrawane

I'll uninstall , can't believe I'm the only one encountering those issues , mod is buggy as f*** , now I can't access the Jerral Village part , looks like kind of a very bad joke . Every update , every fix , everything I try to makes this work just makes things worst .

Dude , please , don't release such a buggy mod , i've done more than 10 meaningless hours or gameplay for this (remember , we have to start over to play the mod and finally finds out it doesn't work, what a joke !) only for your mod and it doesn't work , comme on .

We have to start a new game and play like 7 hours before we even know if the mod works properly . Can't believe it .

This mod is full of great ideas but terrible encoding , scripts , or whatever you want to call make it unplayable .

Is there only one peron who was able to do the quest "An eye for an eye" without bugs ? I doubt it , but if yes , which mods have you installed ?

PS : What the f*** is wrong with the ghost dog ? Onmund himself doesn't sees him , nobody does , except when they all go crazy and try to kill it . Zero references are made , it's some useless and buggy contents again , like the mod hasn't enough of this ... If you put a ghost dog just for a ghost dog , then do a f***ing "ghost dog" mod instead of f***ing over a bigger mod , thanks .

Thanks for trying , but I can't endure this anymore . Your mod wasted enough of my time , I will end breaking my computer with a baseball bat if I encounter 1 useless update , or a reply that doesn't change a single thing .

To anyone who can read this : Do not install this mod , wait several months/years for fixes , you'll just waste your time there . Restarting a game for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but a buggy mod is absolute madness .

Save 7 hour of your life , jute continue your playthrough and don't start over for a mod , ever .

This is after all a public beta, so it's not impossible to have bugs. Apologies for any inconvenience.

To be frank, I did the quest 5 times after the most recent fix, did different options (Ingvi lives or dies) and encountered no bug, from the beginning to the end. Also, the dog should no longer be there if you installed the newest fix and as you said, started over again. In all honesty, I doubt it's my mod that is causing "every single one" of your problems.

Yes I'm really sorry I'm aware you put an inccredible ammount of work in the mod and it sounded promising , that's where the frustration came from , that and the wasted hours of gameplay. I retried from before the fight against Ancano and was able to do "An eye for an eye" without a single bug , to do my own choices and not being stuck at the top of the magicka tower after the ending . So I wanted to apologize to you , and thank you for the mod .

I shall have a last question , If I chose to kill Ingvi , will Onmund forgive me someday or did I lost his friendship in the process ? (That would be understandable)

PS : I've spotted kind of a Witcher reference , Onmund was speaking about dandelions and how much he dislikes them , then adds :"Imagine if they could sing ?" , that was priceless , nice one .

No problem, it is my job to keep my creation stable and fun. I like the people who report every bug and frustration so that I can improve my work. (I don't know how to answer appreciation other than saying Thank You anyway, haha)

In the second part where Shezarrine's nemesis appears, Onmund will rejoin you completely, meaning his dialogues will be available again, without his sad dialogues overriding. But he will never forgive you, which means it's no longer possible to improve your friendship or relationship with him beyond the neutral level.

No problem, it is my job to keep my creation stable and fun. I like the people who report every bug and frustration so that I can improve my work. (I don't know how to answer appreciation other than saying Thank You anyway, haha)

In the second part where Shezarrine's nemesis appears, Onmund will rejoin you completely, meaning his dialogues will be available again, without his sad dialogues overriding. But he will never forgive you, which means it's no longer possible to improve your friendship or relationship with him beyond the neutral level.

I should have seen it coming haha , I guess I got what I deserved , it's good to finally see a follower who actually cares about what you say / do ^^

This really is a great mod, thank you for all the work that you've put into it. I've run into a (probably) gamebreaking bug in your most recent build though. During "Eye for an Eye," Onmund and I looked through the two caves in the south, after which he reports that something big and magical is heading towards the village, and that you should go look there. However, after that, he won't follow me out of the Hidden Den. He follows me perfectly while inside the cave but won't leave it. I've tried waiting, entering the cave and exiting again (tried several times), going to the village and beating the magic thralls, and the "player.placeatme" command. When the last one was used, he would just stand around doing nothing, not following me, though his dialogue indicated that he was he was a follower. He also wouldn't follow the "wait" option so that i could try and get him to follow me again. I tried reloading from before the quest, and this time searched Hidden Den before the other cave. The same thing happened, still in Hidden Den.

Idk if I did something wrong, I started a new game and the first thing I did was travel to Winterhold. Onmund hasn't said a word and I'm like more than halfway done with the questline. He did say something at the beginning when you put up a ward for that old guy in the college at the very beginning of the questline. Other than that he doesn't talk to me when I approach, am I a loser and Onmund doesnt like me?

Do you play with Alternate Start ? I don't know how it works but before entering Winterhold i came to Helgen to start the main quest , then to Whiterun to be sure , I started the CoW qustline only after getting the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow" to be sure , and after doing "Under Sarthaal" , Onmund talked to me (to be more precise , I was able to engage a diaoogue with him) .

If this isn't related to your issue at all , then sorry

PS : Onmund doesn't think you are a loser . If he did , you'll know that ^^" (not sure if this sentence is really english, not my main language , sry)

Edited by ibrawane