Can't login to Vortex

nugar

Vortex gives me a notification when I launch it saying "Login was refused, please review your API key."

When I click log in, and it takes me to the website to authorise it, I click authorise and nothing happens.

What version of Vortex are you on? Do you remember when exactly it happened (was it an hour before you made your post, or just minutes)?

Also: when you say "nothing happens" what exactly is it you are seeing? Is there an error message? Does the site keep loading? etc.

Did you manage to log in successfully in the meantime?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello today i starte to reinstall Skyrim SE and wanted to mod it with a modlist but when i try to log into my nexus account in vortex i get the "failed to get acces key" error.

Error: unable to verify the first certificate
at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1103:38)
at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:208:7)
at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:637: :cool:
at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:467:38)
Request Stack:
Error

at WebSocket (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\nexus_integration\index.tsx:219:20)
at EventEmitter.api (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\nexus_integration\index.tsx:382:3)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:211:7)
at this (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\nexus_integration\views\DashboardBanner.tsx:99:4)
at Object.ia (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:15:131)
at Object.invokeGuardedCallback (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:16:137)
at Object.invokeGuardedCallbackAndCatchFirstError (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:16:249)
at za (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:20:288)
at Da (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:22:174)
at Fa (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:22:335)
at Ba (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:21:248)
at Ia (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:24:79)
at Ja (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:24:244)
at Hd (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:88:254)
at ci (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.production.min.js:222:195)

I hope someone can help me resolve this problem.

Edited by Towa16

• 1 month later...

Don't know if it is correct to post here but I'm getting this error when trying to sign in.

Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain
at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1103:38)
at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:208:7)
at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:637:8)
at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:467:38)

This indicates your system setup is broken, but it's very hard to say how exactly and how to fix it.

To explain the error message: Our website, including the API is signed with a "certificate" that tells you and your OS "this site is operated by Black Tree Gaming Ltd, a proper company with a website, phone, a known owner and everything. This has been verified by COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2"

And then your OS can go and check online what "COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2" is and it will find a certificate that says "COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2 is certified to be a proper Certificate Authority. This has been verified by COMODO".

And then your OS looks into it's own store of root certificates, which comes bundled with Windows (or any other operating system) and it will find that the COMODO certificate is there and thus Microsoft trusts COMODO.

So your OS vendor trusts COMMODO, COMODO trusts the COMODO CA and the COMODO CA trusts Black Tree Gaming Ltd and so it's ok to use the site.

This is called a certificate chain: A chain of certificates that each validate the next institution in the chain.

Now the error message you're getting says: One part of this chain was not signed by a trusted party. Again: Vortex itself and our page have valid certificates.

For some reason your system can't verify that though.

This could be because the root certificates bundled with your windows is terribly outdated which may happen if you're running an ancient version of Windows that has not been updated in a long time.

Or that pool of root certificates has been manipulated, either by you manually or by a virus or other malicious software.

Or you're piping your internet traffic through a proxy or VPN that is misconfigured and prevents the validation of the intermediate certificate.

Or some malicious software is redirecting your traffic somehow to a place that is not properly signed.

Either way, what I can tell you is that our certificate is good, the code checking the certificate is good.

With a properly set up windows you should not be getting this kind of error messages and it may be indicative that something is undermining the security of your computer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i keep getting the error 'failed to get access key' on vortex when i try to connect, it doesnt open the website, or anything at all and when i open up the error to see what's up it gives me this.

Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 77.72.5.199:443
at Object._errnoException (util.js:1024:11)
at _exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1046:20)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1182:14)

anyone have any idea what is going on so i can fix it? i could really use some help with this.

i keep getting the error 'failed to get access key' on vortex when i try to connect, it doesnt open the website, or anything at all and when i open up the error to see what's up it gives me this.

Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 77.72.5.199:443

at Object._errnoException (util.js:1024:11)

at _exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1046:20)

at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1182:14)

anyone have any idea what is going on so i can fix it? i could really use some help with this.

In the Vortex Support Forum you will also find several threads about this issue. You may find it helpful to check there as well.

• 3 months later...