Can't login to Vortex

nugar

What happened to nexus mod manager? This stupid app is a pain..Too much errors, i'm never donating to this site again. Keep it simple nexus, no one wants vortex. It's garbage

This "garbage" is working perfectly fine for me and a lot of others who wanted Vortex from the very first time it was announced. Speak for yourself and swallow your egocentrism and I hope you know what that word means.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nexus is under a lot of Denial of Service attacks in the last weeks (which would also explain the problems with logging in and the frequent outages recently).

And I'm also guessing, that there are some overzealous kids who are angry that Nexus need money to provide its service any maybe even because they hate Vortex. I wouldn't be surprised, for sure...

• 2 weeks later...

When you click the log in button in vortex it should take you to a page on nexus where it tells you that Vortex would like to be connected to your account and if you'd like to Authorise it.

Click the "Authorize" button! That should then take you back to a logged-in Vortex. If any of that doesn't work as intended, please let us know which step doesn't work.

I followed all the steps but when I click in authorise it says that nexus can't attend the request at the moment. And if I just wait a pop-up reporting an error will shows up in vortex. It shows this:

Error: Log-in connection closed prematurely (Code 1006)

at WebSocket.on.on (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\nexus_integration\index.tsx:233:7)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at WebSocket.emit (events.js:214:7)
at WebSocket.emitClose (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\websocket.js:172:10)
at TLSSocket.socketOnClose (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\websocket.js:780:15)
at emitOne (events.js:121:20)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:211:7)
at _handle.close (net.js:554:12)
at TCP.done [as _onclose] (_tls_wrap.js:356:7)
Edited by Guest

Mine is currently not working, even though i'm logged into Nexus Mods, I click login and it just gives me the standard "PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER ON THE NEXUS MODS WEBSITE TO LOG IN ON VORTEX!". I log in on Google Chrome and it does not respond. Basically it acts like i'm not logged in when I am. It worked perfectly fine before and now it's doing this...

Edit: I figured out how to fix it... apparently after a certain period of time Nexus Mods wants another authorization, not sure that's normal though...

Edited by lee0andre33