NMM vs Vortex

natebain

Just wondering if Nexus is planning to stop supporting NMM all together and only support Vortex. The thing I liked about NMM was its ease of use, tried MO but it was to technical and complicated I find Vortex not for the casual player, a good organizer but way to hard to use. I hope that they don't stop supporting NMM.

Just wondering if Nexus is planning to stop supporting NMM all together and only support Vortex. The thing I liked about NMM was its ease of use, tried MO but it was to technical and complicated I find Vortex not for the casual player, a good organizer but way to hard to use. I hope that they don't stop supporting NMM.

I never used MO and I agree that NMM is very simple to use, straight to the point, precise and easy to use. I do agree also that Vortex is not than simple but I guess we would have to stick to it and learn it.

I never minded to switch from NMM to Vortex; we have to be able to move on and adapt to changes but I do not like the fact that there is no documentation provided to us so we can learn it faster. Instead of asking questions in this forums ( I really do not mind to do that but answers do not come that fast and sometimes not in details as I would like to but I thanks those who have helped me to understand Vortex better ) we should have more information and that will be very helpful to all of us.

I never used MO and I agree that NMM is very simple to use, straight to the point, precise and easy to use. I do agree also that Vortex is not than simple but I guess we would have to stick to it and learn it.

I never minded to switch from NMM to Vortex; we have to be able to move on and adapt to changes but I do not like the fact that there is no documentation provided to us so we can learn it faster. Instead of asking questions in this forums ( I really do not mind to do that but answers do not come that fast and sometimes not in details as I would like to but I thanks those who have helped me to understand Vortex better ) we should have more information and that will be very helpful to all of us.

You are expecting full documentation for a software in alpha state. It will have its documentation when its released. Also learning by doing is not that hard thing to do. You know how to read that should be enough to install a mod.

You are expecting full documentation for a software in alpha state. It will have its documentation when its released. Also learning by doing is not that hard thing to do. You know how to read that should be enough to install a mod.

Have I said it is hard to learn by doing ? No. Have I said that I do not read forums and mod descriptions and posts to install my mods ? No. Have I said that I have not try Vortex doing trial and error to learn how it does work ? No.

And yes for the documentation regarding Vortex, yes, we need information regardless, otherwise, Nexus would not have asked Gopher to do his video tutorials till Vortex was out of Alpha state and Tannin would not have included some information that pop-up when you click on the " I " buttons and we would not have dozens of users asking questions in this forum trying to find out how this and that works, don't you think so ?

Perhaps you know how to use 100% so you should share your knowledge instead trying to come up with some assumptions like "know how to read before installing a mod" ... that was very disrespectful and I am not here to be put up to false assumptions and rudeness from anybody, so keep your words for yourself please.

Further development and new versions of NMM can be found on GitHUB.

Â

Â

Â

I never used MO and I agree that NMM is very simple to use, straight to the point, precise and easy to use. I do agree also that Vortex is not than simple but I guess we would have to stick to it and learn it.Â

Â

I never minded to switch from NMM to Vortex; we have to be able to move on and adapt to changes but I do not like the fact that there is no documentation provided to us so we can learn it faster. Instead of asking questions in this forums ( I really do not mind to do that but answers do not come that fast and sometimes not in details as I would like to but I thanks those who have helped me to understand Vortex better )Â we should have more information and that will be very helpful to all of us.Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Have I said it is hard to learn by doing ? No. Have I said that I do not read forums and mod descriptions and posts to install my mods ? No. Have I said that I have not try Vortex doing trial and error to learn how it does work ? No.Â

Â

And yes for the documentation regarding Vortex, yes, we need information regardless, otherwise, Nexus would not have asked Gopher to do his video tutorials till Vortex was out of Alpha state and Tannin would not have included some information that pop-up when you click on the " I " buttons and we would not have dozens of users asking questions in this forum trying to find out how this and that works, don't you think so ?Â

Â

Perhaps you know how to use 100% so you should share your knowledge instead trying to come up with some assumptions like "know how to read before installing a mod" ... that was very disrespectful and I am not here to be put up to false assumptions and rudeness from anybody, so keep your words for yourself please.Â

The answer to all your irrelevant questions is - yes. Not directly but instead indirectly by asking for documentation. Also you completely missed my point. Reading part has nothing to do with reading forums and mod description but instead reading everything inside Vortex itself and using simple logic to figure out how things work. Its nice and funny how you find yourself offended but i didnt offend you. :)

• 6 months later...

Nah, I'm going to stick with NMM. in my observation in tech nowadays, what's new is = AUTO UPDATE OR SYNC "FEATURES" or anything that's "AUTO"-ing stuff with the internet. I only have 1 gaming device and i carry it everywhere. and not all place i stay has stable internet connection. Yes i also downgraded my windows 10 to windows 7. Unless this vortex has "merge mod" features that i doubt it has. so...

Edited by jimmyneu299

Nah, I'm going to stick with NMM. in my observation in tech nowadays, what's new is = AUTO UPDATE OR SYNC "FEATURES" or anything that's "AUTO"-ing stuff with the internet. I only have 1 gaming device and i carry it everywhere. and not all place i stay has stable internet connection. Yes i also downgraded my windows 10 to windows 7. Unless this vortex has "merge mod" features that i doubt it has. so...

I think i will also just one device here also. NMM is simple and does the job fine for me.