Trump

TheMastersSon

Trump carries on his Self-Aggrandizing speeches, while people drag his manners and self-aggrandizing through the latrine before they fill it with dirt. In the old days the wilderness families just moved the outhouse around like a porta-potty is these days, only the out house was moved to another hole they dug and they used that dirt to top off that last hole filled to the top.

I know my mind and it's sure feeling like I have been a credulous person through a lot of all this and other stuff too.

I say thousands of thank yous and hope one or another poster is giving out some wealth on topics which may seep into where I live and give me some foresight so my credulous personal ways don't end up getting me buried in one of the latrine filled holes or in a burrow alongside an old gravel road, roadkill where I will end up as all kinds of birds food, crow's, maggot eaters, or raven's food.

Peace!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one trolled already another thread(s). seems that "trump" in the topic title works like a magnet for such people...

thank you colourwheel for some empiric detail regarding obvious voting discriminaton in some or even many communities. this sounds 3rd world like and i was not aware that the the situation is already that extreme.

Actually, this kind of behavior has been going since we started having elections. The folks in power get to draw the lines for the voting districts, so they creatively adjust them so that the opposition party voters are a minority in any particular district. It's called Gerrymandering. Been going on for a couple centuries. And then we have the whole 3/5ths thing, from the 1860's..... Not sure when that was repealed. (though I am sure the info is out there somewhere.)

Actually, this kind of behavior has been going since we started having elections. The folks in power get to draw the lines for the voting districts, so they creatively adjust them so that the opposition party voters are a minority in any particular district. It's called Gerrymandering. Been going on for a couple centuries. And then we have the whole 3/5ths thing, from the 1860's..... Not sure when that was repealed. (though I am sure the info is out there somewhere.)

Both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party are pretty much guilty when it comes to redistricting specifically to Gerrymandering. Putting this aside when it comes to local elections it's not meant for the purpose of disenfranchising. Even if you try to make an argument of trying to add more restrictions to prevent fraud, it inadvertently or not prevents and excludes citizens who should actually be qualify to participate in the electoral process and it just mostly discourages them.

Just recently there was a gun shooting close to where I live where a person was killed and shot by a homeless man who had the legal right to actually own the fire arm he ended up using. It's a bit crazy that we live in a country where certain states protect the rights for even people who don't have an official resident to own a deadly weapon without registration, yet if such a person wanted to participate in the electoral process, they would be totally denied.

Adding news laws and requirements to vote in the prevention of fraud that was never even considered a problem that would ever even come close to effecting any outcome is completely pointless unless the purpose is to only restrict and make voting harder for certain demographics. Plus these new laws won't even stop Fraud anyways, since most actual election fraud is mostly clerical errors that are in most cases quickly corrected. A comprehensive study done that was published in the Washington Post between 2000 and 2014 even found only 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud out of over a billion ballots that were casted.

Adding new voting restrictions to solve a problem that has never been a problem before is like suddenly making it more difficult to buy over the counter drugs because there is the chance someone could die from simply taking aspirin.

Edited by colourwheel

i was aware of gerrymandering but not in combination with intentionally restriction of opening hours. this is an additional factor which i would call " applying 3rd world" methods and which is new to me and clearly under the bottom line.

I really don't think being forced to have some variety of identification to vote is that onerous. Darn near everyone has a drivers license, or a state ID. They aren't hard to get. (well, ok, during the pandemic its been fun..... but, that is not a 'normal' circumstance.) Claiming that this is some variety of 'racism' is just using the term to cause an emotional reaction. It's propaganda. That's it. I have to show my drivers license before they will hand me a ballot, why is that ok for me, but, for someone else, it's racism??

maybe i wrote no clear english but for me it is not about any license (i even don't know how hard they are to get) but it`s about the reduction of the time a voter is able to leave a vote.

and i`m not talking about generated jam related to this which is the next problem and voter unfriendly treatment included in this approach.

I really don't think being forced to have some variety of identification to vote is that onerous. Darn near everyone has a drivers license, or a state ID. They aren't hard to get. (well, ok, during the pandemic its been fun..... but, that is not a 'normal' circumstance.) Claiming that this is some variety of 'racism' is just using the term to cause an emotional reaction. It's propaganda. That's it. I have to show my drivers license before they will hand me a ballot, why is that ok for me, but, for someone else, it's racism??

It's easy for one to think it's propaganda If you are use to having the need for a drivers license. There have been many studies done that have found white voters are more likely to own driver's licenses over all other demographic groups in America specifically Latino and Hispanic Voters. Other studies around the nation found similar results with where specifically in Wisconsin only about half of African American and Hispanic citizens owned ID's to vote. This is not because they are illegal immigrants either. On top of all this, these new laws makes it more difficult for the elderly to participate too. Are we to become a nation that suddenly decides once you get to a certain age that voting becomes less important to you then it did before? Generally it's easy for anyone to vote using forms of identification, with the exception of the Elderly, minorities, and the poor.

Now you might ask why it's so difficult for someone who doesn't have an ID to get one? It all come back to being poor. In general, minority voters are less likely to own a driver's licenses because they are poor living in dense populated urban areas. If you don't own a car, there isn't much of a need for one because they will usually take a bus, subway, or walk to where ever they need to get to. This same logic applies to a majority of students for exactly the same reasons.

Another thing you have to take in consideration is the fact in order to participate in the electoral process you 1st have to register too. These new laws are adding extra burdens and making it more difficult for one to get registered at all. There is no logical reason why voting and registering to vote should be shortened and condensed into a smaller time frame. Just looking at the exit polls on every election in the recent past voter turn out is surging. It makes no sense for reduction of opening hours as well as specifically closing polls on election night at the exact hour of closing even if you are still waiting in line and have been for hours.

This all falls back on when Supreme Court had weakened the voting-discrimination law in 2013. Over 1,200 polling places in the south have closed down specifically where residence are predominantly African Americans and Hispanic. As I have stated in the past, some of these communities are only left with one polling place left to vote and in several extreme examples they purposely move their only polling place to vote completely outside of it's town. Making it extremely inconvenient for anyone to vote or even get registered if you are expected to be registered before election night. Republican controlled legislators have done all these things on purpose.

Now speaking from a personal perspective, I am an Asian American that currently lives in a highly populated minority community. Since I have moved to where I specifically live, The Republican controlled legislature in my state has closed down 3 polling places I think back in 2013. I generally don't have a problem using a Photo ID to use when I go voting but other restriction that have been made to make it harder for me to participate. As an example, if you even miss one local election cycle to vote, you are automatically removed from the roster and are expected to have to get registered again before you vote the next election.

This is a completely different experience for me when I use to live upstate North living in a predominantly white community. There was over 4 places I could go to vote on election night. I wouldn't need an ID if I was already registered to vote and I could get registered at the same time when I did go to vote. If I missed a cycle to vote they wouldn't automatically make me have to get registered again either. At most I would only need to wait 15 minutes to vote compared where I live now it can take up to 2 to 3 hours during a national election cycle. My sister lives in the same state as I do but lives in a more predominantly populated white community. For her she has several more polling places she could go to vote and she told me the most she has ever waited in line to vote was only 10 minutes during a national election cycle.

I should elaborate and say this was all before 2020 because this last election cycle I managed to get an absentee ballot due to the Covid pandemic and was able to to simply mail it in. It wasn't a very easy task because I had to request it super early where it has to be 90 days before election night and also had to mail it in 7 days before the end of the election. I barely made the cut off date due to having to have proof of having a disability or health concern that would hinder my ability to access the ballet box in person. I simply just made up an excuse and got my Doctor to sign off on "raspatory issues" which in all matters was only because I have asthma and severe allergies. Originally I wasn't expecting to get an absentee ballot but if it came down to me needing to show up in person during the Covid pandemic and how bad it was where I live, I probably would have just stayed home and not voted this last cycle at all.

Edited by colourwheel

My daughter actually had difficulty getting an ID (even though she had a current PASSPORT which required all of the exact documentation to get but could not be used as it was not in the last 30 days and actually, weirdly does not have your address on it) due to the fact she lived at the time, between my home, her father's home and school. The catch was needing something showing her permanent address (people usually have a utility bill or pay stub) which she did not have.

So yeah, getting ID can actually be difficult due to the request for documentation the state requires. I let my drivers lapse a few years ago and was also almost in the same boat since all the utilities are in my husband's name.

So it actually is kind of a pain and involves way more people than you would imagine.

My daughter actually had difficulty getting an ID (even though she had a current PASSPORT which required all of the exact documentation to get but could not be used as it was not in the last 30 days and actually, weirdly does not have your address on it) due to the fact she lived at the time, between my home, her father's home and school. The catch was needing something showing her permanent address (people usually have a utility bill or pay stub) which she did not have.

So yeah, getting ID can actually be difficult due to the request for documentation the state requires. I let my drivers lapse a few years ago and was also almost in the same boat since all the utilities are in my husband's name.

So it actually is kind of a pain and involves way more people than you would imagine.

I think a lot of the difficulty is a recent development. Laws have changed on requirements for various ID purposes.... and it sure as hades hasn't gotten easier......

What's funny is, I was able to renew my drivers license, and plates on my truck, by mail..... go to some website, enter the appropriate information, click submit, and a few weeks later, my new license and tags for the truck showed up in the mail.