People being baned

jojo man

Hey all,

Is it just me, or does it seem like we've had about a dozen people banned for various offenses within the last month or two? I remember, back before I was sick, I saw the 'Forum Rules and Strikes' section go for weeks (or even months) without announcing the ban of a user. Any theories on the reason behind sudden increase?

Hey all,

Is it just me, or does it seem like we've had about a dozen people banned for various offenses within the last month or two? I remember, back before I was sick, I saw the 'Forum Rules and Strikes' section go for weeks (or even months) without announcing the ban of a user. Any theories on the reason behind sudden increase?

From what I have observed many modders started to pull their work after being slammed by abusive members making rude & unjustified votes on mods.

It seems The Nexus is just protecting it's assets; which is all the great Modders that upload here.

I perfectly understand & agree with the stance The Nexus has taken to protect itself & others.

No one is banned unless they breach the rules of the forum. And breach only results in a ban in extreme circumstances. Check the causes of the bans and you will find them all well justified.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the modderators are catching and banning the offensive members. I'm just wondering why there seems to be a sudden increase in hostility towards the modders out there. It seems like half or more of the recent bans were due to malicious or hateful comments towards a modder.

No one is banned unless they breach the rules of the forum. And breach only results in a ban in extreme circumstances. Check the causes of the bans and you will find them all well justified.

I've already checked, and I absolutely agree that those who've been banned had it comin' twice over. I'm just a little suprised that it seems like there's 3 or 4 times as many of these offensive members as there used to be in the recent past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the modderators are catching and banning the offensive members. I'm just wondering why there seems to be a sudden increase in hostility towards the modders out there. It seems like half or more of the recent bans were due to malicious or hateful comments towards a modder.

I've already checked, and I absolutely agree that those who've been banned had it comin' twice over. I'm just a little suprised that it seems like there's 3 or 4 times as many of these offensive members as there used to be in the recent past.

I don't think it has been sudden, but what has been more resent is modders getting fed up with the abuse & pulling their mods.

I've read the comments on many different mods & to me the abuse doesn't seem sudden, but the banning does (like you pointed out).

Often moderators only get to hear of problems if they have reports. So, maybe there have been more reports than usual. However by the very nature of things there will be times when bans are rare and times they are less so.

Maybe the number increased, but yet I think they are just being reported more frequently, now, by the users. At least trolling now have to be more sophisticated: example they are rating the mods medium e supplying some less stupid comment as excuse, what is an advance toward learning how to socialize (OK, utopic, but...).

I've noticed a few members attacking this site this year. I saw 5 or 6 people get banned. This site could in my opinion use some more staff. Since I noticed quite a few number of trollers and flamers.

It's more of a direct result of bringing in an added ToS agreement to the file database. The three strikes and your out system doesn't apply to file/image comments so more people get banned on these forums as a result.

Archived