Downloaded Mods Now Have Two Records

It is happening to me as well. I just recently re-installed Fallout 4 and my downloads looked ok when I install them ( only one display per mod was showing up in my MODS tab ) but the next morning when I got back in, there were some duplications so I proceeded to uninstall them. My plugins were intact, nothing happened there, so I proceeded to play the game to see what happens and so far is running ok.

I did not take a screen shot because I knew this was already being reported, but I concur with the rest in this thread that is a common issue now with the new update.

It updates to show the two separate records when you restart the client. Consistently every time for me. Everything I download now does this. I have a very large library of files downloaded and added, and it seems that Vortex can't handle this. Things have just gotten slower and slower the larger the library grew, and it brings the client basically to a halt when downloading or installing anything. Now I have this bug occurring 100% of the time (which used to be infrequent), probably because of the performance degradation from the library size. I know it's alpha still, but Vortex is slow af compared to NMM or MO2.

Edited by Zeridian

The version 0.15.3 I released to testing yesterday should fix this problem for new downloads (no way to fix already broken ones I'm afraid)

Please let me know if this still occurs on the new version.

no that did not fix the problem

edit i have found a fix it looks like the second entry is the mod name that is getting pull form the download history clear the download historey and the duplicate entry gets removed

Edited by madwolf2006

The version 0.15.3 I released to testing yesterday should fix this problem for new downloads (no way to fix already broken ones I'm afraid)

Please let me know if this still occurs on the new version.

It seemed like it did at first, but then I restarted a couple more times. Downloaded some more mods, installed them, then restarted the client again and now there are duplicate dummy entries with 2 duplicate versions now instead of just one. The installed mod entry is still there with its appropriate metadata and separate from the duplicate entries that have none, but if you remove the duplicates it will remove the original archive. I'll get a screenshot next time it clutters up.

Edit: Proof of bug still existing (and worse) in 0.15.3 https://i.imgur.com/iWFlIhK.png

Edited by Zeridian

@Zeridian: Could you please reproduce the issue and then send in a feedback with attached application state (from the feedback page in vortex->attach special file)?

Technically what you've shown in the screenshot could be the expected behaviour if you have the same file downloaded three times with 2 having matching version numbers and a third with a different version that can't be grouped with the other internal attributes don't match.

What's interesting is

I can download a mod with vortex, and get the Windows 10 notification thing in the bottom right corner that I'm downloading the mod...
Then HOURS later, I download a different mod, and Windows 10 notifies me that I'm downloading the mod that I downloaded HOURS ago, instead of the new mod.
Then a few seconds later, will notify me that I just downloaded the new mod.

I don't seem to have the issue anymore with the new version. What Zeridian is showing is not what the bug looks like.