What Morrowind monster is scariest?

StargazerCorax

Like apparently everyone else on this board I too wet my pants due to a cliff racer sneaking up on me. Playing with the music off, in a poorly lit room and normal gamma, and walking around the ashlands at night, your just asking for one of those suckers to drop out of the sky and nail you. This little scenario was playing itself out yesterday when I turned around at the last second, just in time to see a big reptilian head jab me in the face.

I was more scared of the Daedroth when I had only seen them in the loading screen. Albiet their not exactly pleasent company, especially if you have low poison resist, but still its hard to be seriously frighted by something that comes up to your waist. Should of been man-height IMO.

The one creature that gives me the shivers most often is the various undead, specifically Greater Bonewalkers and Corprus Stalkers (not lame corprus, I just set them on fire at 50 paces). The Greater Bonewalkers are frightening for two reasons:

1) They like hiding on the other side of the door, so when you open it your greeted with a nice big partly decayed smily face with a bone sticking out of its forehead.

2) Their zap strength ability is no laughing matter, until you make a Restore 100 strength amulet anyway.

My childhood fear of zombies doesn't exactly make the Lame Corpruses pleasurable encounters either, especially in the Dagoth Caves. I remember when I frist entered one...

It looked like a harmless robber cave, but upon entering I was greeted with red candles and the whispering spirits. Afraid that this was one of those bondage places (I hear tehy like red candels and dark places), I advanced slowly. I couldn't place what that odd shuffling sound I kept hearing was, until I recalled a friends story. "Always carry a light in a cave, or else you might stumble into the cave with a billion Zombies who will eat you." Lacking a torch, I simply turned up my gamma. Big mistake, since the Corprus stalker was about a foot infront of me and just about to give me a knuckle sandwich.

Anyway, Zombies in dark caves sneaking up on you= Ruined pants.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right....the next person who fouls him or herself at the sight of a virtual monster gets to clean out the secret stables of the pack guar vendors with a daedric teaspoon. <_<

Try nappies/diapers the next time you play Morrowind. :lol:

*holds nose, because this thread is starting to STINK*

:sick:

I suggest that a few people here should re-read the ToS with regard to 'vulgar' content

and oh yeah, Dremora lords. it seems that everytime i go to a daedric ruin, it just so happens to always be night time. so its dark, ive got the boots of blinding speed on, im a freaky place :shifty: ... BOOM! i get get my bell rung by a big ass ball of fire by some camoflauged idiot with a big ass warhammer who i had no idea was there :ranting: ! how annoyoing. that and they just materialize right behind you when you steal from the daedric shrines :veryangry:

One of my scariest encounters occurred today; not because they were that scary, but because i was playing a level 2 warrior with no enchantment on my puny little sword. Be aware, slight spoiler coming up.

I was wondering around the big stronghold place in Gnisis. I'd found a load of rats and two skeletons - no problem. Then i go upstairs, open the door with the key i'd found, and walked in. As i look around the room, i suddenly find a Dardroth noseto nose with me. Adrenaline thoughly dropped into my system, i run away (as you do) upstairs, only to see a Sphere Centurion bearing down on me. I run over to a bloke and cower behind him. As the Centurion gets closer, i lash out with my sword, except that i hit the guy i was hiding behind. I hear the familiar conjuring sound and i turn to see a Shock Atronarch towering over me, then BAM! After about two hits, i keel over.

This wasnt so much scary as adrenaline-inducing. Also, the bloody four0armed skeletons really scare me witless. I don't knwo what it is, but when i open a door ans see the things ghosting towards me, i get the instinct to close the door and leg it!