Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any ad-blocker... I don't know why you considered me like this kind of user. Anyway, my antivirus suite is blocking any attack attempts from your site... Maybe that's why people use ad-block. Your site isn't safe (At least, that's what my antivirus said)

This seems to me to be the right way to do it. Create an incentive rather than an injunction.

Standard users and adblockers continue to enjoy the same level of service without additional penalty.

Supporters and non-adblockers get an additional carrot.

In response to post #64078896.

BobDarek wrote: I don't have any ad-blocker... I don't know why you considered me like this kind of user. Anyway, my antivirus suite is blocking any attack attempts from your site... Maybe that's why people use ad-block. Your site isn't safe (At least, that's what my antivirus said)

bad anti-viruses. its impossible to get viruses from this site.

In response to post #64078606.

Digus wrote: How will a person be flag as ad-block user or not?
I use ad-block at work, but not at home.
I constantly check the site to answer any users of my mods, but don't download anything at work. I let ad-block on at work to avoid unnecessary usage of company bandwidth and resources from my machine.

Will I still have my download limited as an ad-block user?

interesting point. Bump

I think this is a perfect way to handle the situation. I'm usually among the first to jump on against things that target adblockers in a negative manner, but this does not do so, only incentivises people to support this great site, without a penny out of their pocket to do so. I use adblockers on many sites, and I have to say this is the only one I ever felt guilty about it for because of how much I use it and how good it and the staff have been to me for the last decade. I've since purchased a premium membership so it's not a guilt to bear anymore, but I think it's entirely fair and reasonable for this approach, considering the service you offer to your users.

Thank you Nexus!