Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

-Ok I am reading some mixed review here about Vortex. In your own words (I mean the creator of Vortex), why should I download and use your program? I am honestly asking No Trolling here.

PS. Thankyou for your work here!

Edited by makemelogin

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"-Ok I am reading some mixed review here about Vortex. In your own words (I mean the creator of Vortex), why should I download and use your program? I am honestly asking No Trolling here."

My apologies, makemelogin, but I am not the developer nor do I speak for the developer. Rather, I am someone who discovered for myself why I should use Vortex, and you can do the same.

You can answer your own question by spending some time with the Vortex documentation that Nexus Mods has provided: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7060326-vortex-help-center-faq-documentation/. If you have not done so already, pay particular attention to the sections on file conflict, load order, tools, profile management, and custom extensions.

Furthermore, if you study these materials, you will then be in a better position to understand and evaluate the developer's answer to your question, should he respond.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

Will definitely try it, when I start a new playthrough, don't want to risk my current one. Switching from one Mod Manager to a new one is always a little (or more) confusing (I know I switched from NMM to MO) but there are great tutorials out there that are ready to help (Gopher for example), so yeah, looking forward to updated Vortex :)

Is there a way to download nexus still? Vortex isn't picking up any of the mods I have installed, so I tried to switch over and ended up not being able to manage... well, anything.

Yeah, hit the Install Vortex button, then scroll down. It'll link you to the latest unofficial version of NMM.

In response to post #64983401.

somerandomsheepthathops wrote:

Is there a way to download nexus still? Vortex isn't picking up any of the mods I have installed, so I tried to switch over and ended up not being able to manage... well, anything.

Yeah, hit the Install Vortex button, then scroll down. It'll link you to the latest unofficial version of NMM.

Bless! I'm just starting up with Skyrim again, so this'll be as good a time as any to give Vortex a fair shot... But I gotta uninstall all the mods leftover from when I last played first. :P

In response to post #64688601. #64795346, #64796276, #64917726 are all replies on the same post.

cjc75 wrote: I am confused.... Trying to get back into Fallout 4, want to try a new Mod...
I'm still using NMM v0.65.2 and its not working anymore... and I can't download anything with it.
So I have to use this vortex thing now? Do I have to go and reinstall ALL my existing mods with it... or how does that work?
LokiWolf90 wrote: I'm in the same boat with Skyrim SE...

I would rather not go back to the beginning after going in 12 hours into a new game.
Augusta Calidia wrote: No, you don't have to use the "vortex thing." You can continue to use NMM by manually downloading your mods. You then install them by using an "install from file" button or by dragging and dropping them into NMM. It's really quite easy.
Scorpionshawn72 wrote: How about post a youtube video.
"Nexus mods with out using Vortex"
I bet you get a ton of views might even make you rich! Hell ill donate money for that!

I've gone back and forth between Vortex and NMM. Fiddling with Fallout NV. Anyway I am using 65.10 NMM right now and the MOD Manager download button still works for NMM. Edited by Majic7

Love the new Vortex. I use it while playing Skyrim SE the only thing is that it really slows down game play at every save. Is there a why to disable Vortex with the game saves?

If you're running Vortex in the background, and you think this might be the cause of the slow down, then turn off Vortex. You can run your game without Vortex. However, I doubt that Vortex is the source of your problem. When I play Skyrim SE with Vortex running in the background, Vortex takes up only about 340 MB of disk space. That's just not enough to cause slow down issues. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for the cause of the slow downs.