⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

Okay, so I installed vortex and started installing mods for skyrim SE. I loaded them, enabled them and deployed them. I went to launch the game through the app and gave it permission to alter the game, I get the little hourglass icon for a few seconds then it just stops, the game will no longer load unless I reinstall it and uninstall vortex. The Mod Manager was working just fine, but the added steps of having to download the mods manually and all of them ending up under the "unassigned" folder has made things quite difficult. I have tried reinstalling vortex a few times with other mods and the only time it worked was when I launched the game with no mods installed. I'm disappointed as it was a great design and easy-to-use interface, but sadly I can't use it if it won't launch the game.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #65044211.

Augusta Calidia wrote:

Love the new Vortex. I use it while playing Skyrim SE the only thing is that it really slows down game play at every save. Is there a why to disable Vortex with the game saves?

If you're running Vortex in the background, and you think this might be the cause of the slow down, then turn off Vortex. You can run your game without Vortex. However, I doubt that Vortex is the source of your problem. When I play Skyrim SE with Vortex running in the background, Vortex takes up only about 340 MB of disk space. That's just not enough to cause slow down issues. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for the cause of the slow downs.

Closed Vortex now the lag between loading screens and saves are gone . Thanks for the suggestion.

In response to post #64758586. #64785821, #64788626, #64794496 are all replies on the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

what you learned today, is wrong.

you can still dowload mods with NMM. That has never, not once, changed.

I suggest you go back and learn some more.

SaulieSaul wrote: Ok then, how? the only option I can see to download with a MM is for Vortex? Clicking the icon to download with NMM does nothing? Mr.Tibbs
CyanideInsanity wrote: Open NMM and in the settings un/recheck 'associate with nxm urls'. AFAIK on the website all thats been changed so far is just the text on the download button, nothing under the hood. I can still use the unofficial NNM build for FO4VR just fine.
LokiWolf90 wrote: I can't uncheck any associations. The options are grayed out.

Run NMM as admin LokiWolf. Should allow you to edit it.

Well there was a vortex update today so I installed it. But it seems to have broken the link between vortex and the game saves so they won't show up on the saves screen for vortex and aren't there when you try to play the game.

I had been very frustrated with NMM so I went to the trouble of getting vortex to install and running it.One day it failed to work but it seemingly fixed itself and worked fine up until this morniing where I saw there was a vortex update inslalled it and now it doesn't recognize its game saves. The saves are still present in the right folder .Vortex doesn't recognize them anymore for some reason.Likely because of the update.

I hadn't gone very far with this F4 build so I can start over. No big deal.Obviously Vortex is a WIP although I applaud Tanin.I still feel he should have finished MO2 before he went to work for the dark one. I can't run MO2 as it runs over into my skyrim LE files for some reason in another folder so I had to choose Vortex I felt. MO2 still has issues I feel and the old NMM is troublesome so Vortex should be the solution .But like I said it is still a WIP.

Edited by ANGRYWOLVERINE

Any chance for Symlink to work for F4 and SSE? I have 40 GB of mods for them and I really don't want to fill 40 GB of my SSD, neither I want to move the games on a HDD since it's slow. :sad:

I highly recommend just filling your SSD. Right now I have 2GB of free space left from my 55GB of mods and skyrim SE on my ssd, and there is no chance I will uninstall for something else. Used to be Battlefield 1, then GTA5, then 1-2 smaller but amazing games, but the updates made them too big for my 120gb SSD with ~85gb of free space for gaming most of the time. Eventually migrated skyrim se to my ssd from my 500gb HDD, and the loading times, stability, FPS, all these things are more stable. Definitely worth it for me.

Although I am using mod organizer I don't know why I am commenting here.

In response to post #65349951.

derpington83 wrote: unable to add...ANY mass effect games(obtained legally through...origin) i've pointed right at the directory. It's almost as if vortex doesnt have the correct permisiions.

Vortex does not support the Mass Effect games. The list of games it supports can be found on the download page for Vortex, or within the Games -> Supported Games section of Vortex itself.