Vortex does not find my game

Wastelandmatrix

So first off: Why does Nexus state on their page "We support the following 635 moddable games." But in the "Supported" tab in Vortex Mod Manager, I am only presented with 44 (None of which I even own.) Also, I too am having issues with Vortex not discovering any of my games even though they are installed on the same drive with correct exe file names, within the list of games that Nexus supports etc. Not making sense to me.

Because the Nexus has mods for 635 moddable games.

That's all that means, it doesn't mean that VORTEX supports 635 currently.

Have you tried this?

Vortex-Search-Games.jpg

I have. Every drive in my computer is being searched in (which all have games installed on them) yet Vortex detects nothing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have. Every drive in my computer is being searched in (which all have games installed on them) yet Vortex detects nothing.

I am only presented with 44 (None of which I even own.) Also, I too am having issues with Vortex not discovering any of my games even though they are installed on the same drive with correct exe file names, within the list of games that Nexus supports etc

OK, so let's get this sorted out.

From your post, it's apparent that you're confusing the Nexus website, with the Nexus mod manager called Vortex, and the amount of games hosted by the Nexus Website, vs the games supported by the Mod Manager called Vortex.

I think I'm figuring this out, because you're misunderstanding the difference between the "Supported Games on the Website, vs the Supported Games in Vortex", and are somehow thinking that if the Nexus Website supports 635 games, then Vortex should also support 635 games as well.

Vortex supports 44 games, and as you said, you don't own ANY of the 44 games that Vortex supports, and are expecting Vortex to find any one of the other 591 unsupported (by Vortex) games that you may have installed on your computer.

There is your problem.

NEXUS....the Website supports 635 moddable games, by hosting mods for 635 moddable games.

Vortex, a mod manager, currently supports 44 of those 635 moddable games.

Vortex will only be able to find the games that Vortex currently supports, no matter how many Game Mods the Nexus WEBSITE hosts.

Guest deleted34304850

just out of interest, what game, specifically are you trying to make vortex find? you've mentioned that you have a few games installed, but not named any of them.

• 1 month later...

If I may jump in, I too was trying to determine why Vortex couldn't find my game (Divinity: Original Sin EE). I realise now that Vortex at the moment supports a limited number of games. Fair enough.

However for these non-supported games, is there an alternative mod manager, seeing that NMM (which I migrated from) is now unsupported? Or does the user have to manually install mods?

Guest deleted34304850

just go back to NMM for that game. it still works and is supported outside of nexusmods. the link to the github for the latest nmm is literally all over the vortex forums in dozens of threads.

If I may jump in, I too was trying to determine why Vortex couldn't find my game (Divinity: Original Sin EE). I realise now that Vortex at the moment supports a limited number of games. Fair enough.

However for these non-supported games, is there an alternative mod manager, seeing that NMM (which I migrated from) is now unsupported? Or does the user have to manually install mods?

Many games have their own custom managers. To find one for your game, I would suggest that you first search Nexusmods: Divinity Original Sin EE. If nothing turns up there, then search the internet further. I would try this using the search phrase "{Game} mod manager."

Were you able to use NMM to mod Divinity: Original Sin EE? If so, then you might want to check the GitHub site to which NMM migrated, as 1ae0bfb8 has already suggested. Although no longer supported by Nexusmods, there is a GitHub community that continues to develop and support NMM.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

• 10 months later...

I have a problem with the divinity original sin 2 definitive edition, the vortex just defined it is the divinity original sin 2 instead of definitive edition, will definitive edition support be added in a future update (definitive edition is on the ssd drive, and the mods on the non ssd drive, which slows down loading games, using vortex I wanted to transfer the mods to an ssd disk, since saving will not slow down the download)

• 1 month later...

Sorry , I can't create a new post , so I reply here...

Basically , I'm trying to manage my game [ A Hat In Time ] , but Vortex can't find the file.

C:\-{}\A Hat In Time - AHIT\A Hat in Time\Binaries , and in that folder , there's

Win32

Win64

build.properties - File PROPERTIES

UnrealEdCSharp.dll - App Extension [ I'm french , I don't know really how it's named. ]

[ Yes i'm french. ]

So , There's the file here , Vortex says : Expected to find Binaries/Win64/HatInTimeGame.exe

But- The file is in "Win64".

So , I don't understand.

Can someone help? Maybe I choosed the wrong folder maybe...

When Vortex asks the folder , i press "Binaries" , and the error occurs.

I'd like some help please , thank you for reading - please help. ;w;

Sorry , I can't create a new post , so I reply here...

Basically , I'm trying to manage my game [ A Hat In Time ] , but Vortex can't find the file.

C:\-{}\A Hat In Time - AHIT\A Hat in Time\Binaries , and in that folder , there's

Win32

Win64

build.properties - File PROPERTIES

UnrealEdCSharp.dll - App Extension [ I'm french , I don't know really how it's named. ]

[ Yes i'm french. ]

So , There's the file here , Vortex says : Expected to find Binaries/Win64/HatInTimeGame.exe

But- The file is in "Win64".

So , I don't understand.

Can someone help? Maybe I choosed the wrong folder maybe...

When Vortex asks the folder , i press "Binaries" , and the error occurs.

I'd like some help please , thank you for reading - please help. ;w;

If you notice, Vortex is looking for the FOLDER, that the file is located in, not the FILE itself.

So just navigate to the Folder that the exe is in and hit OK or APPLY