Please make mod info panel pinnable.

MadeUpName92

I second this.

On a side note, I've been playing in the scss files in the Vortex install folder-- very likely we can make it pin by editing the correct scss files.

C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\assets\css\vortex

Is there a customization feature within the Vortex UI? (I poked around but didn't see anything that seemed to me to be for that)

Is the only way to customize Vortex by modifying the CSS files in the folder mentioned above?

When you go to settings->theme you can create a copy of the theme.
It gives you a bunch of controls to change the most basic things like font size and colors but if you want to make more in-depth adjustments you make them through css.

And no, you should absolutely not change the css in C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex because that gets replaced when you update Vortex, you should create a theme.

C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex

When you go to settings->theme you can create a copy of the theme.

It gives you a bunch of controls to change the most basic things like font size and colors but if you want to make more in-depth adjustments you make them through css.

And no, you should absolutely not change the css in C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex because that gets replaced when you update Vortex, you should create a theme.

C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex

Thanks for the info, Tannin!

So...this "Pin" option does what exactly?

Open that panel in a new window?

When you slide out a menu pane, this menu typically covers up whatever is behind it because the slideout (in this case, the mod info pane) was never meant to be open all the time, therefore it doesn't matter if it covers up what's behind it or not.

When you pin it however, it no longer covers up menus but rather instead pushes them over so that the slideout menu doesn't cover up anything,

A lot of programs use this sort of toggle, including MS Outlook (if you use that), you can choose not to pin the file tree on the left of your Outlook email menu, or you can pin it if you planned on having it open a long time and didn't want to cover up your email window.

@NewThalos and MadeUpName92,

Tannin's CSS does what I'm pretty sure you're wanting.

A couple points:

1. Vortex won't restart with the details pane slid out (perhaps there's a way to do that, I don't know)
  2. The details pane retains the same functionality:
    1. double-click on a mod's row and that toggles whether the pane is hidden or showing
    2. click on the arrow at the bottom of the box to hide it
  3. The columns resize accordingly with the pane showing