New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

Suggestion for the Block Tags Feature--

I've been out of the Skyrim loop for awhile now, and one thing that I'm seeing when I try to use the block tags feature is that the filtering of results is not as straightforward as it could be.

For example, I'm not interested in seeing any mod translations into languages other than English. However, if I block all languages other than English in the tags, mods like Tytanis' compilation that apparently includes certain translations, gets blocked. What would make tags most useful in this situation would be to block all the separate translation of mods into other languages -- not to block mods in English that ALSO contain other translations.

Similarily, I'm not interested in looking at any mods that would be " for modders" -- tutorials, resources, etc. If I block all those tags, Bellyache's Animal Pack, a widely used mod by players, also gets blocked.

On the other hand, I really don't want to see much of anything tagged anime (body replacers, clothes, races, face mods). But, I may want to see ApachiiSkyHair, as there are some non-anime-ish styles in there. Blocking anime also blocks that mod.

This feature could be extremely useful, but it seems like I'm constantly having to redo the search to include the filtered results. I understand that it might not work 100% of the time, but for me, it's not working well much of the time, period.

I'm not sure what the answer is, however. Maybe the ability to include "exceptions"? More specific tags? Seems like it could get very complicated, very fast. Anyway, just throwing that out there.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really should be a way to change the two side blurbs as well. For example, if you set your main feed to latest files, you still have latest files on the sidebar and it looks silly.

I liked it the old, old way where it was recent files, most recently edited files, and pictures right in your face. Each upgrade has added more clicks for you to find the information you want, which makes them bad upgrades.

While speaking of picture sizes, why dont you resize the hot files images, make them fit better somehow. Now they are just cropped from the upper left corner down to the left, sometimes thers nothin even there (insanitys katana for example) Edited by HeavyDude

File News: The article title should really include the name of the mod it is written for on the front page as well, and not only when actually on the article page.

I kinda liked seeing the newest files under the hot files...scrolling down for it kinda a deterrent lol

File News: The article title should really include the name of the mod it is written for on the front page as well, and not only when actually on the article page.

The name of the mod is in the file news on the front page. Brownie points if you can spot it ;)

I'm going to keep throwing this out there as it gets lost in the flurry of activity here but could you please add a "random file" button. On the original site there was a greasemonkey script to handle that and it was an awesome way to find deeply buried mods, like finding treasure.

Please add that.