Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #67068946. #67108151 is also a reply to the same post.

carpesangrea wrote: Will this have the Karma mechanic that was present in the original game? That was always something I felt was missing in FO4.
NicotineCaffeine wrote: I, au contraire, never missed it, not even a bit. So i hope the won't put it. Let's see who will be the lucky one eh? ;)

Let's satisfy both of you and make it an optional, just like "hardcore mode" was optional.

In response to post #67043901. #67067226, #67073916, #67108236 are all replies on the same post.

tjrna wrote: I cannot wait to see what this turns out as. I'm just worried about what Bethesda/Obsidian might do if they decide they don't want to allow it.
SSJRiou wrote: other gigantic mod projects like enderal haven't been shut down so I wouldn't think so, but this is sort of "stealing content" from new vegas instead of "creating new content", but... just putting it on another bethesda game?
at the very least, bethesda can benefit from this because I'm sure there's a number of people that own or have played new vegas but didn't want to play 4
Sazie wrote: Yeah, if they take away this. They won't really benefit from it, since I know a few New Vegas players would love this!
NicotineCaffeine wrote: And besides, it should be OBSIDIAN that could have something to say on the content, not bethesda.

There is precedent here.

"A Tale of Two Wastelands" did exactly this same thing, porting FO3 into FO:NV engine.
At the most, I would expect the need for an actual copy of FO:NV to be installed, just like TTW needs an install of FO3.

That being said, if the team is actually going through and recreating FO:NV in the new engine without using any of the old assets (voices, music, meshes, etc.), then this project would be more akin to the New California mod released for the FO:NV engine.

In response to post #67068946. #67108151, #67132096 are all replies on the same post.

carpesangrea wrote: Will this have the Karma mechanic that was present in the original game? That was always something I felt was missing in FO4.
NicotineCaffeine wrote: I, au contraire, never missed it, not even a bit. So i hope the won't put it. Let's see who will be the lucky one eh? ;)
AzerDraco wrote: Let's satisfy both of you and make it an optional, just like "hardcore mode" was optional.

That would be OK for me.

In response to post #67043901. #67067226, #67073916, #67108236, #67132211 are all replies on the same post.

tjrna wrote: I cannot wait to see what this turns out as. I'm just worried about what Bethesda/Obsidian might do if they decide they don't want to allow it.
SSJRiou wrote: other gigantic mod projects like enderal haven't been shut down so I wouldn't think so, but this is sort of "stealing content" from new vegas instead of "creating new content", but... just putting it on another bethesda game?
at the very least, bethesda can benefit from this because I'm sure there's a number of people that own or have played new vegas but didn't want to play 4
Sazie wrote: Yeah, if they take away this. They won't really benefit from it, since I know a few New Vegas players would love this!
NicotineCaffeine wrote: And besides, it should be OBSIDIAN that could have something to say on the content, not bethesda.
AzerDraco wrote: There is precedent here.

"A Tale of Two Wastelands" did exactly this same thing, porting FO3 into FO:NV engine.
At the most, I would expect the need for an actual copy of FO:NV to be installed, just like TTW needs an install of FO3.

That being said, if the team is actually going through and recreating FO:NV in the new engine without using any of the old assets (voices, music, meshes, etc.), then this project would be more akin to the New California mod released for the FO:NV engine.

Porting content from Fallout: New Vegas to Fallout 4 is a violation of the EULA for both titles, and as such constitutes piracy.

In response to post #67020241. #67021001, #67065011 are all replies on the same post.

ff7legend wrote: Question - Will the original Fallout 4 be required in order to play Fallout 4 New Vegas whenever it releases? If so, that's fine since I have Fallout 4 alongside the Season Pass. Thanks.
kesw12 wrote: yes it will its a mod.......
ff7legend wrote: Just making for sure. I have FO4 & the Season Pass so no issue with that regardless.

Fallout 4 with all of its DLC will be required, alongside Fallout: New Vegas with all of its DLC as well.

In response to post #67068946. #67108151, #67132096, #67139406 are all replies on the same post.

AzerDraco wrote: Let's satisfy both of you and make it an optional, just like "hardcore mode" was optional.
NicotineCaffeine wrote: That would be OK for me.

All of the original core game systems from New Vegas, Karma included, will be present in F4NV. We actually show it briefly during one of our earlier gameplay teasers!