Nexus Mods API released

Pickysaurus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, this is bad.. nmm is way superior to vortex wich has a pretty nice UI but that's about it. implementing mods and load orders is a gigantic mess and a compatibility hassle in Vortex imho, and now I have to download stuff manually cuz nmm won't log in anymore... sad sad day

Edit: mkay. version 7 works now, but I stil stand by my thoughts on Vortex ^^

Edited by Z3al0t

In response to post #70074048.

Vylmort wrote:

the old NMM with its api update to 7.0 works file .. the API limit is a showstopper .. choosing. check mods for updates blows away the user rate limit in a single click. what I also saw is that 1 mod download is not 1 api request a whole lot more . downladed 2 mod update and one request for check all mods for updates and I am at 2303 from the 2500 and lost the 100 form that hour. This makes me fear for a reinstall + redownload of all mods when needed .

Can Vortex do all what NMM can and the transition how fluent goes that or is it not really a matter as you still run into the api limitations ?

how did you update its api file? Im desperate to keep using NMM bc vortex f*#@ed up my mod order and bricked my game

In response to post #70074048.

how did you update its api file? Im desperate to keep using NMM bc vortex f***ed up my mod order and bricked my game

I never used tha Api, I just updated NMM to 7.0 then it requested me to login into nexusmods and voila , api was done, auto inlog was done and the rate limit couter started to go down :)

unless you can set vortex to tell you the name of the mod like NMM does instead of a file name then i refuse to use it.

Yes you can, Vortex can do far much more than NMM ever can and will, you should try reading the Wiki and Knowledge Base about it, instead of believing the garbage the people who tried Vortex once and rage quit are telling you.

Guest deleted34304850

unless you can set vortex to tell you the name of the mod like NMM does instead of a file name then i refuse to use it.

it is your refusal to use it that makes this comment so funny.