Games you always return to

uglydduck

@gamefurious I still have the original cds tucked away in one of my Fallout 3 lunchboxes. I do doubt I'll play it again though. The game was basically a technical demo for the game engine. There wasn't anything that stood out to me with that game. It just wasn't that fun.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really miss Troika games. They made Arcanum , Temple of Elemental Evil, and Vampire: Bloodlines which are great games for their time. Although, they haven't aged so well. It really is too bad they don't get remastered by the IP owners.

I'd argue that all of them aged great, given the horribly buggy state they were released in and the hardworking modders that released/continue to release patches. You're definitely better off playing them now than you were at launch anyway. :tongue:

Plus, it's not a remaster but we're getting Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 next year... which I'm tentatively hyped for. Very tentative. (I really hope they don't mess up Malkavians...)

ere at launch anyway. :tongue:

Plus, it's not a remaster but we're getting Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 next year... which I'm tentatively hyped for. Very tentative. (I really hope they don't mess up Malkavians...)

Oh I REALLY hope they do Malkavians properly

They were a joy to play in VtM: Bloodlines, I loved running around looking like Harley Quinn, while having the most awesome speech font and options ever.

VtM: BLoodlines 2 will probably be the first game in a very long time that I'll buy on release, rather than waiting a year or two

From the official site, it looks like you start as a "Thinblood" with one discipline, and get to choose two more when you join a clan

Choose one of three starting Thinblood disciplines and discover your full power when you choose your fullblood clan and get two additional disciplines.

I always get back to Morrowind and a few Total War games such as Medieval TW (Viking Invasion is my favorite), Rome TW, Empire TW, and Napoleon TW.

Of course there are other games as well and some of them are quite old such as Settlers 3, sometimes even Settlers 1 and Settlers 2 when the mood strikes.

The Civilization is another great game series, especially the older games.

For me it has to be The Witcher games. I love the atmosphere, the stories, the music and the characters.

I especially like the first Witcher game. If you're going to play it, the best advice i have is to just push through the first hour, after that the game opens up wonderfully.

I'm actually doing a Ultimate Modding Guide for the first Witcher game that I hope to have on Nexus very soon.

What a nice thread!

For rpgs - Baldur's Gate I & II. Neverwinter Nights... I used to play Baldur's Gate from I to II every summer with any new mods people had developed. And Morrowind will always occupy a space in my heart... But currently playing Skyrim (not SE) because it's sooooooooooooo stable under Linux... The thing about Skyrim that has got to me is just how good (and imaginative) the mods for it are/were!

My favourite strategy game is probably still Seven Kingdoms (1997) - though I haven't tried running that for a while... :whistling: