I have absolutely zero confidence in TES 6.

ZakiTaki

It's already been 9 years since TESV came out..... I think that is the longest interval between games since the started making them.... Skyrim SE came out more recently, but, that just the exact same game on an improved engine. They are *working* on TESVI...... there is like a 30 second trailer drifting about somewhere, and that came out several years ago.... Makes ya wonder if they have already been working on it, and just aren't telling us anything. That would fit their past behavior as well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already been 9 years since TESV came out..... I think that is the longest interval between games since the started making them.... Skyrim SE came out more recently, but, that just the exact same game on an improved engine. They are *working* on TESVI...... there is like a 30 second trailer drifting about somewhere, and that came out several years ago.... Makes ya wonder if they have already been working on it, and just aren't telling us anything. That would fit their past behavior as well.

OK Hey, this is just me being me (playing devil's advocate) ...

Or maybe they aren't doing a thing on TESVI and are hoping everybody will just forget about things they may have said in the past.

Just sayin'.

If you expect any game to release without bugs, or without a model that can support it, then you may want to just, not buy any more games ever.

OMG, I'm so sick of this old mantra being chanted by the White Knights.

They love nothing better than to support the abuser in an abusive relationship.

im so happy im not the only person who thought about this when seeing this post. because why should I pay 60+ dollars for a game that is broken to s#*! in a lot of areas. but its okay because these things happen and we should accept them. calling company's out for their bullshit is how we get things fixed. look at battlefront 2 (new one) from when it first game out to now. that's what happens when you call someone out for there s#*!.

Disregarding my sheet dislike of Id Software(which is a Bethesda subsidiary studio now, not the company that John Carmack founded) and the sheer mess that has been Fallout 76... I'm not hopeful of TES6, either... if it ever happens. I'm doubtful of that right now as they seem to barely be putting work into it and have neglected it for years.

There was a lot about Oblivion that mods fixed- OOO or similar was essential to fix how broken the leveling system was. Limiting the player to 1 ring slot was dopey. That said, while Skyrim took a lot of leaps forward(leveling is no longer garbage, though could still be better in some ways), it took several steps back. Magic is basically useless, you have to level up the skill tree to even make magic useful at higher levels and even still the spells you buy aren't very good. Calm/Pacify does nothing once your level is so high and everyone levels with you. Damage increases barely scale when everyone has 300+ HP and your ice spike is doing 20 damage. It's so useless that you only need to use it... I think 4 times total in the magic college questline!

I hate dual-wielding because it's either a choice of a shield OR healing magic while Oblivion allowed both. I barely even get to use shields in a playthrough. We can't make spells by design because Todd felt it was "cheating". They deliberately neutered a system to be useless because we didn't use it their preferred way in Oblivion- and yet they left in a weird system of alchemy, enchanting, crafting that is easy to exploit to make weapons that do 1 million damage without using mods, console commands, etc... and never patched it out. Enchanting likewise has issues with that "dismantle equipment instead of using spells" nonsense and some items like a resist poison necklace failing to spawn past level 20 only further hinders a bad idea. Invisibility was also next to useless, what with it wearing off if you do anything, again, by design- Todd didn't agree with us playing a game we paid for in a way he didn't approve.

No underwater combat? Bad idea. I do not enjoy trying to shoot a slaughterfish I can't see with an arrow so I can fast travel.

They also really cranked up the idea you're playing a villain who only saves the world out of selfish desires. Most "evil" choices in Oblivion were purely optional and only 2 of the Daedric Prince quests really stuck out as wholly evil(and OOO offered a heroic option to Molag Bal's quest). Skyrim wants us to join the Dark Brotherhood with the destruction quest being lazy with fewer rewards. They all but force us into the Thieves guild with the destruction quest having been canned. Most shrine quests are blatantly evil and if you somehow can choose the heroic option(which is not an option really given in many cases) you get nothing so the whole quest is a waste of your time to do. Many of these need mods to have choices. The earlier development favored the Stormcloaks(who are blatantly a bunch of racists that want to either force out or kill any non-Nord in Skyrim- you excluded but Ulfric wants you only because of your dragon blood) and the Imperial option was only give later on.

Sure, the writing was on the wall when they canonized the Dragonborn's appearance but I expect TES6 will be a giant middle finger to moral hero players. They'll stick to their canon Dragonborn appearance, pick a side in the civil war, say the DB quest was all canon(even the destruction quest leaves 2 known survivors and room to say the Emperor was killed regardless), Dragonborn bcame a avmpire and sided with Volkihar, blah blah... player choice from Skyrim will be disregarded and choices in 6 will, I imagine, be incredibly limited or nonexistent in the name of "lore". I'd wager character creation may even get the axe if they're feeling super picky. These are the same "lore" writers who have seemingly forgotten about the Shivering Isles DLC even happening as they treat Skyrim Sheogotath as if he were the original now.

I'd also expect TES Online to be de-canonized since it's made by a different studio, if a lore writer doesn't like some picky little detail or two from the game. They can't even decide if the novels are official canon. That's if they don't just do another Daggerfall "warp in the west" situation to say all the Skyrim choices happened in branching timelines- it would be incredibly lazy but the only way I could see them not upsetting half the fanbase by canonizing certain major decisions. They'll use the time fissure from Alduin as a convenient excuse to explain it away. Either that or they'll "not explain a damn thing" by setting the game off 100 years later in a distant land and making only vague references to Skyrim's events.

As for the modding scene... I don't see them supporting it outside of Creation Club. Mods will probably require official keys to install and function, and all officially-sold mods will be deemed "lore" as all Skyrim CC is treated as official canon too- to make you pay a fortune for a $40 game. Disabling achievements in SE if you run unofficial mods is a big sign they no longer care for the scene that practically make their games more than playable and FIXES BUGS. Yeah, enjoy not having unofficial patches... it's not that I get the impression they care what we want so long as their products sell enough to make a profit. The whole ending of Dawnguard, even if you disregard every other instance, showed a blatant disregard for what players might want. They wrote Serana as flirty yet had her deny marriage through some pretty forced reasons, claiming they didn't think we'd even want to marry her, despite being one of few characters who has a personality at all(yet you can marry the housecarl who you have talked to for 30 seconds and has barely any personality stronger than that of a Dalek!). If they didn't want us to marry her they could have left the dialog completely out instead of having her turn whiny.

And yes, the marriage system was barely a thing to start with as it offered little benefit to gameplay, that also could have used extensive overhauling for role play purposes(I say the same for adoption, too). If not for the mod to marry Serana I'd have skipped it totally.

I'm to the point I'd rather not see a TES6 happen than it to be a horrible mess that ticks people off, because it will. Todd will inevitably attack critics and defend decisions as he's done with FO76 rather than admit he messed up. That's if Bethesda isn't closing down in 5-10 years because they are clearly struggling these days, maybe not in sales (yet) but definitely in PR.

I have never seen a post in where I agree so much with several topics but disagree/ have hopeful optimism/ praying to god they don't do these things. I agree that Skyrim doesn't really let you be the good guy most of the time. im playing a character rn who is meant to be this great good hero who does no evil. but I had to join the thieves guild and get a guy jailed. also like you said most quest are if you don't be the bad guy its boring (I liked dawn guards quests tho). for ex) dark brother hood instead of doing a cool quest line if you choose to not join them they said f*#@ it make it a search and kill all deal and give me some gold. like wtf you had the potential for something great but dropped the ball.

as for the modding scene this is me being hopeful/ praying that they don't cuck the free modding community. because I personally believe if they do this the amount of backlash they will get will most likely be worse or equal to fallout 76 launch. and im hoping there not that dumb.

finally I'm hoping they have learned some valuable lessons from fallout 76 like how not to launch a game and how not to fix your hsit by blaming others etc etc. but only time will tell.

one good thing is that there starfeild? game is coming out before the next elder scrolls. so if that is a s#*! show or basically odes the trip and true Bethesda formal or removes the free modding scene then we know what to expect for elder scrolls.